Howto Guide for 3.0x oe With LUAPlayer.

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

romero126

Howto Guide for 3.0x oe With LUAPlayer.

Post by romero126 »

I have noticed a large ammount of complaints about not being able to run LUAPlayer on your PSP using the firmware 3.03oe-b.

So here is a quick Guide to doing so.
There are two guides so read carefully.

Guide 2
This is the easy way to install 1.50 homebrew but only works if there is an eboot in the /PSP/GAME folder.

Put your 1.50 homebrew in the folder
/PSP/GAME150

Either put your 3.03 homebrew in the folder or Create a folder named "__SCE__"
/PSP/GAME

Guide 2
Quickly power off your PSP
So that your PSP completly reboots. It will show the "Sony Entertainment" logo.
Note if you are having problems completly turning of your PSP unplug the PSP and remove the battery.
Quickly hold down the RTrigger.
This will bring up the built in recovery console in 3.0x oe

Select Configuration and press (X)
This will bring you to a submenu. It will allow you to adjust your 3.0xOE to suit your own needs.
Back
Skip SCE logo (currently: enabled/disabled)
Hide corrupt icons (currently: enabled/disabled)
Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.03 Kernel)
Autorun program at /PSP/Game/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP
Use NO-UMD (currently: enabled/disabled)
Fake region (currently: enabled/disabled)
Free UMD region (currently: enabled/disabled)
Click on Game folder homebrew
Note: If its already on 1.50 Kernel then there SOMETHING WRONG
psyberjock

Post by psyberjock »

Are you referring to me as the person who's complaining? If so, I must point out that you have completely misunderstood my request (since I never actually complained it is more of a request).

I know how to run 1.50 homebrew on 3.03EO-B. That is not a problem. Indeed LUAplayer is 1.50 software and that is precisely the problem. I do not want LUA to run under the 1.50 KERNEL (maybe you should study that word, cause I think it's the one that's confusing you), I want it to run under the 3.03 KERNEL.

I need to access prx's in LUA that are only available to the 3.0x KERNEL, and that can only be done under the GAME303 folder. To do so, I need LUA to be able to run under the GAME303 folder. Because of this, I have asked if anyone knew of a way of doing so, then in a different thread I requested that the functionality be implemented.

That being said, I hope no one mistakes your thread as an answer to my problem. I still can not run LUA under the GAME303 folder, which is REQUIRED by the usbgps.prx.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

That would be a developer issue that mustbe solved. However as of now the only way to run homebrew on the PSP 3.03 OE is to use the 1.50 kernel mode in Dark-Alex's firmware. That would be theonly way to runhomebrew with that software. If you want other functionality talk to shine or build your own module.
psyberjock

Post by psyberjock »

Well, the 1.50 kernel isn't the only way to run homebrew. We used the 3.03 kernel in all the software used to figure out the usb gps functions, and the new version of MapThis that Deniska built also uses the 3.03 kernel.

However the 1.50 kernel is the only way to run LUA. I would like to resolve this and my message posts have been a way of trying to contact whoever needs to be contacted.

Unfortunately, it would be useless to make a new module since it would still need to be run under the 3.03 kernel in order to support the usbgps.prx.
qbic2005

Post by qbic2005 »

Hi

I see you have been programming in 3.03 oe?

Well i can't seem to find a guide to setup the enviroment.

I have installed the toolchain and devkit, do I just copy the sdk deliverd with 3.03 over it? or do I not need any more steps?

If you got any links or hints that can be helpful, they will be well appriciated!

Thanks ;-)

Qbic