LUA in 3.03 OE's 3.03 kernel

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

psyberjock

LUA in 3.03 OE's 3.03 kernel

Post by psyberjock »

I need to load LUA under the 3.03 kernel of Dark_Alex's 3.03 OE so I can use my program which incorporates the usbgps.prx. (obviously renamed to .lrx and loadlib'ed).

I've been looking for a while, but not having any success. Is there any way to load LUA under the 3.03 kernel?
bolk

Post by bolk »

+1
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Have you tried compiling it as 1.5 and then putting it in the GAME150 folder? I haven't seen anything compiled for 1.5 that fails in 3.03 OE.
psyberjock

Post by psyberjock »

J.F. wrote:Have you tried compiling it as 1.5 and then putting it in the GAME150 folder? I haven't seen anything compiled for 1.5 that fails in 3.03 OE.
Well LUA itself does load under 3.03 OE as a 1.50 app. The problem is that my LUA script uses the usb.prx, usbacc.prx, and usbgps.prx-es. The usbgps.prx can't be loaded in anything before 2.71.

JohnMPH, Deniska, and I are currently figuring out the USB GPS system. The GPS viewer that JohnMPH and Deniska are working on (under C with the PSP SDK) only runs under the 3.03 kernel. If you try it under the 1.50 kernel, it locks up.

That is the problem I'm experiencing with my LUA script right now. Once I try to load the .lrx-es, my PSP locks up and shuts down.

If there was a way for me to load it under the 3.03 kernel, I am confident that any further problems that I encounter would not be because of the kernel. As it is, I know that the kernel IS causing a problem and I can't tell if anything else is causing a problem.
psyberjock

Post by psyberjock »

So is there a way to compile LUA to run under the 3.03 kernel and the people who know just aren't replying, or is it impossible and the people who know still aren't replying?