Module support

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Shine

Module support

Post by Shine »

There are still problems with memory allocation when loading modules and I don't know, if the loaders for firmware >1.5 supports loading modules from user mode. Has someone managed to load Lua Player 0.20 with firmware >1.5?

My first idea was to modularize Lua Player, so that if you don't need the 2D graphics library, you would save some memory when not loading this module. If the memory bug when loading modules could be fixed, and if there is no problem with newer firmwares, this is still a good idea.

An alternative is to merge all standard functions again into one user-mode Lua Player app, but if someone wants to load a third party module, the module loading support will be still available.

What do you think?
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

Yes.

Remove all this module loading stuff. I believe it kills Lua Player for firmware above 1.5 (although I'm unsure with all the new loaders and custom firmwares about recently).

I know that 0.16 is still favored amongst Lua developers.
cools

Post by cools »

I think it would be best to merge it into a user-mode luaplayer, and have module loading support, that way it will work on the higher firmwares.
psyberjock

Post by psyberjock »

Don't remove anything! I want to access PRXs!
Mesmer

Post by Mesmer »

Indeed that .16 has been favored by most of us if not all.

this modules is a very good idea. Also woun't it be possible to make all the modules in existing to like a plug-in such structure where you have folders to put in modules you need, and modules you don't need.

`Mesmer