random crash, please help

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

daaa57150

random crash, please help

Post by daaa57150 »

Hi,

I'm willing to make a card game for the psp.
For the moment, the only thing it does is drawing all the 118 cards available on screen, and shuffles them when pressing on select.
I'm quite a noob with lua for the moment, and my game crashes randomly. It's a pain I really don't see what is wrong.
Can some of you guys watch what is wrong? At least test it to see if it crashes for you? On windows it never crashed I do not understand.
I'm using the luaplayer 0.20 for the psp (tested in lowser and directly).
If you think I code the wrong way, please tell me, I want to learn.
I also don't know how to debug that easily, it's frustrating, how do you guys do?

you can get what I did here:
http://daaa57150.free.fr/LuaAssHoleTest.rar

I would be sooooo happy if you found where the problem lies.

Thanks

EDIT:
there is a loop counter printed on screen, and my app crashes between 100 and 2500 loops with luaplayer 0.20.
I tested with the no module version, crashed at loop 4000 or smth, same with the luaplayer enabling mp3 and ogg.
now I'm testing with luaplayer 0.16 (had to change little things to get it compatible) and I'm in loop 22000, it continues to work...
Is it so that v0.16 is more stable than v0.20?
should I test other versions (0.17, 0.18, 0.19)?

If somebody skilled could look into my code it's really not long, like 5-6 functions and a main loop with nothing inside. I commented and used english for everything, it's readable.

I forgot to say that I have fw1.50 on my psp.
Loop 26000 and still running :) but why :( ??

EDIT2:
I stopped the application at loop 70000 as the psp was running out of battery. I'll have to stick with version 0.16 I believe...