psp9x for Lua (New release!)

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Zenurb

psp9x for Lua (New release!)

Post by Zenurb »

So if anyone's noticed (probably not) I've been away from the homebrew scene for a long time (mainly due to the fact that I stupidly updated my PSP to 2.71) but now thanks to the downgrader, I'm saved! :)

I've been working on this on and off for the past 24 hours:

Desktop screen

USB Disk Mode screen

I wrote a dialog class, which every window, button and label inherits from. I based this on the Windows API (sort of), and it's actually a really easy way to manage windows.

I've also done something kooky with the cursor that i've not seen before on any Shells (mind you I've not been able to try the latest ones), which may be dropped later in development. The cursor is absolute to the position of the analog stick, therefore the cursor stays in the center if you let go, goes to the left edge of the screen if you move the analog all the way left, etc. It's much easier to control than the sort of cursors I've been seeing (e.g. the web browser cursor).

This is just a teaser for now, source coming soon (as soon as I reach something more or less not an embaressment to put on the 'net :P)

Tell me what you think![/img]
Proud Dvorak User
US 1.5 PSP (Original)
n00b32

Post by n00b32 »

I don't see any purpose at all in using a pointer on a psp.... its like attaching a jet engine to a car...
n00b32

Post by n00b32 »

I'd rather swich windows with l/r access the startmenu via start button etcect
Zenurb

Post by Zenurb »

Right so I've been busy lately :D

Nothing to show really, all code updates.

Bug fixes: More than I can mention;
New features:
* Updated to use Cristophe's simple Class.lua (http://christophe.delord.free.fr/en/lua/index.html)
* Clicking (move mouse and press X)
* Three different methods of mouse control (Analog absolute, Analog relative and d pad)
* fps display
* code optimizations (noticed some stupid things clogging fps, now 60fps constant :D)
* form dragging
* control hover detect

Todo: Alot :P
* Menus

Edit: Updated
Proud Dvorak User
US 1.5 PSP (Original)