LuaPlayer for Windows

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

TeamOverload

LuaPlayer for Windows

Post by TeamOverload »

When will LuaPlayer for Windows be updated? When I download it, it says it is 0.14.
be2003

Post by be2003 »

see all of the functions(actual pspsdk ones, not luaplayer) used in luaplayer must be rewritten to the pc, so it could take a while, you can help by getting the source, u guys wrote some pretty good apps right, this should be easy peasy lemon squeezy.... lol, i think 0.14 is the most recent
- be2003
blog
glynnder

Post by glynnder »

most reecent what?

verwsion of luaplayerwindows? it is
be2003

ahh...

Post by be2003 »

i would love to work on a new version of luaplayer windows but i have 2 problems.

1. i can't get it to compile
2. i'm still kinda retarded at c++, although i understand like 5 other languages and c and c++ is pretty easy to me, assembly is what makes me go "wtf"

but anyway, the point is that i will try and see if i can implement a couple more functions to luaplayer and get it to compile. then i will release it, hopefully. But if anyone can explain to me the best way to compile it i would be happy
- be2003
blog
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

I've been messing with the windows luaplayer recently in any downtime I have.

Mainly trying to update it so it supports everything the current PSP version does.

So far I've got it to compile, it now uses Lua 5.1, fonts are supported(!) and I've put some dummy functions in for Wlan, 3D and a few other things.

Still a few errors that I'd like to get rid of before I make a release though.
be2003

Post by be2003 »

[quote="Insert_witty_name"]I've been messing with the windows luaplayer recently in any downtime I have.

Mainly trying to update it so it supports everything the current PSP version does.

So far I've got it to compile, it now uses Lua 5.1, fonts are supported(!) and I've put some dummy functions in for Wlan, 3D and a few other things.

Still a few errors that I'd like to get rid of before I make a release though.[/quote]

sweet, i gave up because it was pissing me off, maybe i will svn it again... hopefully it will compile with a fresh svn
- be2003
blog
Shine

Post by Shine »

Insert_witty_name wrote:I've been messing with the windows luaplayer recently in any downtime I have.

Still a few errors that I'd like to get rid of before I make a release though.
That's great! If you like you can send me the source and I'll integrate it in the Lua Player repository and release a new official Windows version. BTW: Don't invest too much time to the 3D functions, I'm still planning to use OpenGL and PSPGL for Lua Player when I have more time.
Insert_witty_name

Shine wrote:That's great! If you like you can send me the source and I'll integrate it in the Lua Player repository and release a new official Windows version. BTW: Don't invest too much time to the 3D functions, I'm still planning to use OpenGL and PSPGL for Lua Player when I have more time.
As I mentioned the 3D and Wlan functions merely return values showing success.

You already had some of the 3D functions dummied in I seem to recall.

I'll send you the source when I'm happy it's bug free -- I managed to break sound somewhere along the lines!
Insert_witty_name

Here's my first build of the updated version, an excerpt from the included readme:
I've begun to update this to support Lua Player 0.20 functions.

Done so far:
-Updated to Lua 5.1
-Freetype supported
-System.rename working
-Wlan functions stubbed in, but don't do anything yet.
-3D GU functions stubbed in, but don't do anything. I'm not going to take the 3D any further as Shine has already expressed he is moving Lua Player over to PSPGL.

To do:
Hopefully get Wlan functions to fully function, pretty sure it's possible.

Never going to be supported (or very unlikely at the least):

-System.loadModule and anything to do with it
Download

I'll give you the source as soon as I get some feedback and fix any bugs Shine.
Shine

Post by Shine »

I've integrated Insert_witty_name's implementation and released a 0.20 version.