Problems compiling LUAPLAYER

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Ricardo J. Pérez García

Problems compiling LUAPLAYER

Post by Ricardo J. Pérez García »

(I'm following the steps in the page: http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:compiling)

All its goes fine...
but when it's trying to "make install" in LuaPlayer directory the compiler finds a problem:

sio.cpp:175: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, u32, long long int, int)' to 'SceOff (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, SceOff, int)'

then stop the install process

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Ricardo
romero126

Post by romero126 »

install the PSPSDK
youresam

Post by youresam »

romero126 wrote:install the PSPSDK
...idiot...

Anyway,
The reason that is happening is because your trying to compile a version between .12 and .16, as these are not compilable by the recent SDK. I have made a compilable version of .16, if you want, I can give you a link.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

Actually its a quite intuitive answer.

sio.cpp:175: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, u32, long long int, int)' to 'SceOff (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, SceOff, int)'

SIO.CPP is not in the LUAplayer Source files. Which means they have to be the SDK especially if it is useing the SCE function name type's. The fact that I never hinted at a version compatibility is because, I dont often touch the SDK to compile my own versions of LUAPlayer since it already comes in a handy little binary.

Also he never explained what version he was trying to install which leads to the assumption that he is trying to use the latest version of LUAPlayer.
youresam

Post by youresam »

romero126 wrote: SIO.CPP is not in the LUAplayer Source files. Which means they have to be the SDK especially if it is useing the SCE function name type's. The fact that I never hinted at a version compatibility is because, I dont often touch the SDK to compile my own versions of LUAPlayer since it already comes in a handy little binary.
ACTUALLY, it is. In LuaPlayer .18+, it was moved to a different folder (as a module I think). In LuaPlayer .16 and below, it is in /src

Dont believe me? Check it.

And that error is the FIRST error you get when compiling LuaPlayer .12-.16 without a modified source code.
makai

Compilable LUA source

Post by makai »

Hey youresam! Any chance you could post that link with the compilable LUA source? Or at least give a hint how to change sio.cpp so it will compile?

Thanks a lot!
xpack

Post by xpack »

youresam- is your compilable Luaplayer .16 the one with the netlib included with it. If not could you post a link with it.
xpack

Post by xpack »

From Insert_Witty_Name

Open up the sio.cpp mate and change this code:

Code: Select all

static int io_lseek(PspIoDrvFileArg *arg, u32 unk, long long ofs, int whence)
{
	return 0;
}
To this:

Code: Select all

static SceOff io_lseek(PspIoDrvFileArg *arg, SceOff ofs, int whence)
{
	return 0;
}