Help with compiling Lua Player 0.16

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Insert_witty_name

Help with compiling Lua Player 0.16

Post by Insert_witty_name »

Hey folks.

For some reason every version of Lua Player after 0.16 won't run my scripts, it gives me an error loading image, even though I know my code is correct and the image is there (works fine on version 0.16 and Windows Lua Player).

I'm wanting to compile my script into the Eboot, as I'm releasing a multi-player game shortly, and I don't want anyone to cheat it!

Anyway, I followed the guide to compiling Lua Player and can get it working fine for 0.19, but not 0.16.

It gives me an error when I make it:

src/sio.cpp:175: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, unsigned int, void*, int, void*, int)' to 'int (*)(PspIoDrvFileArg*, const char*, unsigned int, void*, int, void*, int)'
make: *** [src/sio.o] Error 1

Also on another note, I've tried compiling the script through luac 5.0 & 5.1:

5.0 gave me the error: 'virtual machine mismatch in (script file): size of number is 4, but read is 8' when I try to run the chunk.

5.1 errored out saying it expected version number 5.0 or below.

Any help on any of these subjects would be excellent, I'm not really fussed which method, as long as one of them works!

Thanks in advance.
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

110 views and no replies?

Come on folks, someone must have a solution or at least an idea!

Thanks in advance.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Sounds like the api changed... that's not a surprising thing to happen when things are still evolving.... Dunno what to tell you other than use the newest and try to figure out whats wrong with your scripts.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
youresam

Post by youresam »

Just so you know, once you 'compile' it, you can open the eboot in notepad and your code, comments and all, is in the middle.