Sound!?

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

What

Sound!?

Post by What »

I have tryed to find a good sound tool to convert mp3/wav to UNI, IT, XM, S3M, MOD, MTM, STM, DSM, MED, FAR, ULT or 669. with no luck so this is just a simpel question where can I get the program!?
train2335

Re: Sound!?

Post by train2335 »

What wrote:I have tryed to find a good sound tool to convert mp3/wav to UNI, IT, XM, S3M, MOD, MTM, STM, DSM, MED, FAR, ULT or 669. with no luck so this is just a simpel question where can I get the program!?
Good question, I am wondering the same thing. I have search on google for weeks since I am adding the new PSPHacking101 rap to Poxman, lol. Any help will be apperciated!
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Those are tracked music formats.
Whereas mp3 files are just compressed sound data, tracked music files can be thought of as instructions on how to play a song. A real life analog would be that mp3 is a recording of a song, while tracked music files are like the score. (Score being the musical term used for the written notes)

To be more blunt: you can't convert an mp3 file to a tracked music file. It's just not possible. The only way to get a tracked music file from an mp3 file, is to sit there and write down every single note that you hear, manually create samples for each of the instruments, and then write out the entire song in a tracker.

...these formats have been around for a long time...

As for wav... luaplayer seems to support wav files just fine for sound effects..
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
DiabloTerrorGF

Post by DiabloTerrorGF »

Whoah, it's Drak <_<

<3 you

Oh yeah, wav works, use 44khz.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Lua supports mono wavs only, as I understand it.

One possible (and possibly crazy!) way of making an mp3 into a mod is to convert the mp3 to wav and then create a mod that plays 1 note which triggers that wav to play (or 2 notes for stereo). It would be huge though.

Jim
train2335

Post by train2335 »

Lol. I've just decided to use a .wav for my background music with Sound.load even though it is a big sound effect;) it has been working for me!