Error when compiling Freetype

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

ExxonValdeez

Error when compiling Freetype

Post by ExxonValdeez »

I was following the tutorial on how to compile Luaplayer and ran into an error when trying to compile the freetype library where it said there was no makefile.

The third step finishing.

The make command giving an error.

There was one more screenshot that said that I should use "--type" instead of "--host" for the third step but it did not result in Cygwin stopping. I could recreate it if needed but I lost the image for now.

I followed the instructions and have Cygwin installed according to this tutorial: http://www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/tuto ... sson01.htm

Any help in resovling the problem would be appreciated! If more information is needed I will be happy to provide it.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

from the README.PSP included with the freetype source:
To build and install:

sh autogen.sh
LDFLAGS="-L$(psp-config --pspsdk-path)/lib -lc -lpspuser" \
./configure --host psp --prefix=$(psp-config --psp-prefix)
make
make install
Did you try this?

http://svn.pspdev.org/filedetails.php?r ... rev=0&sc=0
ExxonValdeez

Post by ExxonValdeez »

No, I did not. I'll try it right away. Thanks!

Edit: It still comes up with an error message. I might not have the right versions of the tools mentioned in the readme. I am not sure.

ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The error messages clearly show it is having problems due to your current directory containing a space. Try building it in a directory without a space instead.
ExxonValdeez

Post by ExxonValdeez »

Okay looks like it is working! I put it in the cygwin root directory. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly. :)

Edit: Okay, I got to compile correctly and now luaplayer is built! Thanks!:)

One more question though. Why are there various lrx and prx files in the test folder that the eboot is put in? Are they necessary for lua to run? Just wondering, anyway thanks ooPo!

2nd Edit: Okay, I realized that Lua now had external libraries instead of the functions being within the eboot.