YS-OS version 1.8

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

yossistarz2

YS-OS version 1.8

Post by yossistarz2 »

New version is out for all the GUI /Linux /Windows lovers.

Pleass check out the web site for more updates.

http://yossistarz.googlepages.com

This program is waiting for all the programmers to start write for this.

This time it can run every lua program.

The new version is out and it's ready to go to a test drive.
There's allot of new things.

This time every body can write programs for this because of the new tutorials and help on the site and it can run all the lua programs without a problem.

Important to know, that it most recommended to use the 16 or the 17 lua player version because of speed and memory.

Must mention that Nico is now working on themes and I need to say thanks.
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

It will be grate if some one will develop programs to this os, like calculator and notepad and calendar.

Now it possible to go farther and create some basic html browser cute games
And more easily just give it a try.
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

Important message the ys-os that was uploaded was on debug mode
Therefore pleases re download this.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

Wow YSS is really great, I couldent have done anything like that myself. Wait n/m
Hey Umm question, why did you create your arrays like that? Kind of looks like you took somebody elses code and used the best parts of it.. to help your own code.. Hmm..

Perhaps a props are in order?

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
romero126 wrote:This is a test for a LUA based GUI OS based on ideas of Microsoft OS

Its verry modular and simple to add new programs to the OS shell. This is an early beta and some of the functionality that I would like to include isnt there. But try it out and see how you like it.

And let me know how you like it the file can be downloaded here
Looks kind of like the beta test i started to work on, skipped out.. then merged with the other one.
But you know I could always be wrong. BTW if you did use my code and updated it prop's but please put me in the props. Much appreciated.
DiabloTerrorGF

Post by DiabloTerrorGF »

I dunno, some of that code could of easily been re-done.
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

I am sorry you think like this but all the code you see in ys-os is written by me only in 100%.

I am writing it for about 5 month now. i have released a first version in march.

I will never tack some one ELSS code, and believe my that i am programming to mach time (Like for companies) to take some code of others.

This array list i did is an idea that i used from the C# programming because this is easier to use.

and i used more ides like the RunFunction and RunFunctionDesc that is used fro forms focus and drawing.

Another thing my ys-os is totally deferent then the GlassEye.

It based on Multiprocessing and NOT multiform and events base.

The forms are very sample gui object that doesn't even looks like the GlassEye Gui (By code design). If after this you stile don't believe me i can always releases the 0.1 version that i did in 1/11/2005.

The forms are very samble gui object that dosn't even lokes like the GlassEye Gui (By code design). If ufter this you stile don't belive me i can allays releass the 0.1 version that i did in 1/11/2005.
Last edited by yossistarz2 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

I give now another look at the GlassEye project. it is a grate project don't get me wrong but i didn't tack this code.
KcDan

Post by KcDan »

Well I highly doubt you do any coding for any english companies...
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

No English company i am from Israel and i am computer programmer.

Sorry for been in a place where you there only to help and other people tiring to give you a reputation of lyre.

Now pleases don't try to kick me of this lua forum because this is only your loss.

Believe me i have enough thing on my head and i built this YS-OS on my free time that i don't have mach of this. I could releases this now because of the "pass over", thank you very mach.
Last edited by yossistarz2 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
KcDan

Post by KcDan »

What the fuck did you just say?
yossistarz2

Post by yossistarz2 »

Look i am not hear to get hurt from some one that person don't wont to.
I am here to give tools/programs that i built and help, if i can, and that's all.

That's all what I am saying.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

Like I said Perhaps props are in order for your codeing brilliance.
I stated that you could have used some of my code for your OS, not the GUI. The way the code was setup it looked alot similar to the way my OS was setup via the GUI and other sort of system.

My beta release was actually a first glance into multiprocessing into the UI but gave it up because it lacked the speed of the OS. and multiple forms/object's slowed the system down.

GJ with your work, and the fact that you know how to code so well does show that you know your stuff.

Ive been codeing on LUA for about the same ammount of time. I started Project GlassEye about 1 month in on LUA.

Keep the releases Flowing, I look forward to the rest of the OS.