Add in Unofficial V0.17dk2 features in Official Release?????

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

OCteam

Add in Unofficial V0.17dk2 features in Official Release?????

Post by OCteam »

Are there any plans to add Unofficial V0.17dk2 into an official Lua Player release? Just wondering, because I'd like to include some set functions (i.e. System.setCpuSpeedHigh() 8) ) into a long term application, but do not wish to be left behind if I chose to do so. Thanks in advance.
PP121494863-PSP1001
www.illfoundedmind.com
Shine

Re: Add in Unofficial V0.17dk2 features in Official Release?

Post by Shine »

I don't add functions which may damage the PSP to Lua Player, but with the new module concept it should be easy to compile a module, which then can be loaded and which provides the missing functions. It should be possible to use such modules with subsequent Lua Player releases, too, without recompiling.
DiabloTerrorGF

Post by DiabloTerrorGF »

Shine, I don't there has ever been a report of 333 damaging the PSP.

I think it should be included in the main eboot at start up asking what speed you want LUAPlayer to run at, you could include a liability warning and such. That way people just can't sneak in 333 mhz into their code and the owner of the PSP not know about it.
Shine

Post by Shine »

DiabloTerrorGF wrote:I think it should be included in the main eboot at start up asking what speed you want LUAPlayer to run at, you could include a liability warning and such. That way people just can't sneak in 333 mhz into their code and the owner of the PSP not know about it.
Maybe you are right. I think it could be implemented like this: When the call is made, a popup appears on the screen, asking if you want to confirm changing the speed. This way the "normale" Lua Player runs "normal", but it is possible to try different speeds. If someone sends me a patch like this, I'll include it.
Kameku

Post by Kameku »

333 MHz is the original speed of the PSP. Sony just downplays it to 222.
DiabloTerrorGF

Post by DiabloTerrorGF »

Kameku wrote:333 MHz is the original speed of the PSP. Sony just downplays it to 222.
We know that. The PSP does get a little hot at 333 and some people just don't want to risk it. I like Shine's idea too.

Edit: Shine, my own post made me weary. I think all modules should have to be approved at start-up(with explanations) or some people could be very malicous with some stuff... We do need it though...