searching for core developers

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

Shine

searching for core developers

Post by Shine »

I have not as much time as needed for all the tasks at the TODO list and other tasks, which may be useful. I still continue to manage the Lua Player development and test and release new versions of Lua Player, if there are new features implemented, but would be nice, if other programmers can implement some of the tasks, I can't do major programming tasks for the next months. I think the most important and interesting tasks would be:

- pspgl integration, with full support for all pixelformats

- PhysicsFS integration for easier application packaging and deploying and more safer applications (not possible to overwrite system files any more)

- library load support, for loading Lua modules (for easier extension of Lua Player without the need to patch and recompile the whole program; existing modules, like sound, graphics etc., should be outsourced to modules to allow replacing it with other modules)

- LuaEdit integration for easier developing and debugging on Windows

- Mac and Linux version

If someone has good C/C++ knowledge and wants to implement a task, please post in this thread what you want to implement it to avoid parallel development and to show that someone is working on it. Checkout the source from SVN and send me patches or ask Oobles for SVN write access. And add yourself to the TODO-list at http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:todos

Please don't post in this thread to say that you want to have feature x, create other threads for this and/or add it to the TODO list or the best: learn C and implement it yourself :-)
Shine

Re: searching for core developers

Post by Shine »

Ok, as I wrote, you should post to this thread, if you are working on a task to avoid duplicate work.

Currently I'm working on the pspgl integration. It is a bit more work than I thought, but I hope to release a new version this weekend.