Project Glass Eye (Beta Release)

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

romero126

Project Glass Eye (Beta Release)

Post by romero126 »

This is a test for a LUA based GUI OS based on ideas of Microsoft OS

Its verry modular and simple to add new programs to the OS shell. This is an early beta and some of the functionality that I would like to include isnt there. But try it out and see how you like it.

And let me know how you like it the file can be downloaded here
Sid-Ali

Post by Sid-Ali »

yes, not badly, not badly of the whole :D not only an image all the code ;p
Sid-Ali
romero126

Post by romero126 »

Thats the result of insomnia and 2 nights of hardcore codeing. I got bored. Let me know if you want me to keep adding to it.

I kinda made it all modular so adding programs and app's should be pretty easy.
youresam

Post by youresam »

Wow...

I thought this would be....not so good, but just wow.
So.... how does this thing work?
Does it sort all the windows into a table then execute it one by one, or with coroutines? I saw the register function, but thats a lot of code on the function I didnt look at hard enough to understand..

Good job!

(Just wondering.... why doesnt text work?)
Sid-Ali

Post by Sid-Ali »

continuous it is good work :D
Sid-Ali
swordman

Post by swordman »

It is awesome! PLEASE, PLEASE, continue it ;)
romero126

Post by romero126 »

A requirement I should have mentioned is LuaPlayer 0.15 since the program uses a font library native to v0.15+.

What the GUI code is designed to do is check window clicks for each frame. If the window click is found for the frame the loop ends and calls a seperate routine where it checks where the mouse is for each element in the frame.

The frame is then updated with the element and a button is pressed which calls a registered ["OnKeyDown"] event. (Changed in next version released to ["OnKey"] to allow for multiple key detection).
If an element isnt found or there is no event tagged to the element then it is channeled to a frame event.

The windows are only refreshed when a event happens. To speed up the code I added a prebuffer image which is saved to trigger each mouse event.

What I hope to do is set it up to allow for on key event's to allow each element to change focus (which moves the mouse) so that mouse input isnt a required aspect of the forms.

Please note at this point in time there is no coroutine's on the frames or elements.

My todo list is follow's.
1. Optimise the code for faster event parsing. As well as allow for that to take place in a coroutine to speed up overall speed.
2. Inhibitors (speed cap) for input changes for mouse (so it doesnt go too fast or to slow).
3. Allow for custom type elements to be registered to the table.
4. Output to the element to allow for custom responces based on which key is pressed. (IE "Cross" pushed down, and "Cross" released).
5. Each element having a clean and sharper code set. (As well as an element focus.)
6. Applications and system settings for the OS.

Please feel free to put in suggestions as well as Code you would like implimented in this. (In a PM please).
Last edited by romero126 on Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
romero126

Post by romero126 »

*Totally Revamping the way the GUI system works.
See Revamp (WIP)

Updated Jan 02 06
MalumEnSe

Post by MalumEnSe »

I tried out your revamp of Glass Eye, but I get nothing but a white screen with the mouse cursor. If I drag the mouse to the very bottom, it stops responding...
romero126

Post by romero126 »

It's a new GUI engine. Which is a work in progress. So you can see what im creating as a pre-alpha release for the new GUI.

Click on the top left corner of the screen.

Mouse works and is fully functional but is not limited to the screen. (Which means you can move the mouse back to the start.
LordCthulu

Post by LordCthulu »

^ So it's working, the white screen is meant to be like that?
romero126

Post by romero126 »

At this current time the Revamp is working as intended - As a pre-alpha GUI engine.

Which means full functionality isnt currently working quite yet (on the Revamp (WIP) )

The pre-alpha is to allow other people to see how the forms are being created so that they may be able to create custom "programs" later on.