Free Hosting for PSP Lua Game / Application Developers

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

modcase

Free Hosting for PSP Lua Game / Application Developers

Post by modcase »

PSPLua wants to extend its hand to the dev community. Too many times we have come across developers online that do not have a reliable place they can safely store their work.

PSPLua wants to change all of that. Starting with offering developers free webspace that they can use to host their games and applications. This space will be set aside from our main page and you can use it publically or privately (linked from the main page) to work on your programs.

If you have made a game/app and are actively programming we hope you will take us up on the offer. Hopefully now a few devs can say goodbye to "free hosting" aka megaupload and the like.

Our site is hosted on a 2.4ghz P4 with 1GB ram. Providing quick and reliable hosting.
You can test the server here --> PSPLua

If you are interested in PSPLua's offer reguarding free webhosting for your developing needs please post in our forums or private message me. You must be willing to use this space only in reguards to PSP Programming. Needless to say no illegal content is allowed whatsoever.

We are mainly accepting Lua Developers only. However if you would like hosting for a PSP project that you have done in another language, you can still contact us for approval.

I hope this is useful to anyone interested in having safe and secure storage for their website and PSP projects. You will have access to your site via FTP and the ability to have as much room as is necessary for all of your work. If you decide you need a sub/domain name, we can help arrange that as well. Thank you to Shine and Nevyn for making such a great program. Our hats are off to you!

You can Inquire about free PSP Dev hosting @ PSPLua in this thread, or
or contact me via email at modcase [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks for your time. Happy coding!
Last edited by modcase on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Thanks for your hosting offer, it helps me to concentrate on Lua Player itself, because now I've added a link from the gallery on www.luaplayer.org to your page, if someone wants to add some interesting program :-)
modcase

Post by modcase »

Thank you Shine. I am glad for that as well. LuaPlayer is very impressive. Keep up the good work!

=)
JoshDB

Post by JoshDB »

Hey guys, great offer. I've also posted a topic about free unlimited hosting here, so devs now have a good range of choices
( :
nevyn

Post by nevyn »

modcase, your server is misconfigured. You serve rar files with a content type of text/html, which in standards-compliant browsers, displays the rar file as plain text, probably not what was intended... If you are using Apache, simply add the following line to your httpd.conf:

Code: Select all

AddType application/x-rar-compressed .rar
It works with Internet Explorer because IE is not standards-compliant. pspupdates, and many other sites, are also misconfigured, which is highly annoying...
modcase

Post by modcase »

JoshDB wrote:I've also posted a topic about free unlimited hosting here, so devs now have a good range of choices
( :
Choices are good, Im glad Im not the only one who dislikes how most "free hosting works". Storage wise, we basically can give whatever is needed, since its a dedicated server. In reguards to bandwidth, it is simply unmetered. So I guess it would classify as "unlimited" in a manner of speaking. Im glad to hear more people are able to share their space, I know for sure I can't use it all the storage/bandwidth I have myself. =)
nevyn wrote:modcase, your server is misconfigured. You serve rar files with a content type of text/html, which in standards-compliant browsers, displays the rar file as plain text, probably not what was intended...
Thank you for pointing that out. I was so busy getting all of my sites migrated to the new server that I missed that. The problem should be fixed. Thanks!
glynnder

Post by glynnder »

hmm thanks, i may need to use this cos my site only has 25mb of storage!
spyk

Post by spyk »

do you host game server, for wifi hombrews?
modcase

Post by modcase »

The server will be down for a couple of days while we move to our final resting spot on our new dedicated server.

On that note, we would consider running game servers for wifi homebrew. ;)