TTLDE V2.1 - Text editor written by LUA

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

EricWu

Post by EricWu »

ema, your ttlde really exciting. can wait to download the new version you released.
but your link "http://geocities.com/lua_ema/" I can visit all the times.
can you send it to me, thank you very much.

waiting for someone send it to me, thanks a lot.
[email protected]
EricWu

Post by EricWu »

is somebody here? please do me a little favor, send the ttlde 2.1 to me.
i can't link the web "http://geocities.com/lua_ema/ ", thank you very much.
[email protected]
ema

Post by ema »

PSP Lua picked up TTLDE and mirrored it.
You can download TTLDE from there.

http://psplua.com/modules/mydownloads/

and how about this?
http://www.geocities.com/lua_ema/
modsyn

Post by modsyn »

ema wrote:For your purpose, my "TwinTail lesson" is helpful.
The most important part is line 67~88 at 'ttlesson.lua'.

TwinTail:Update() returns only inputted characters, so the
application has to interpret '\b' and other control characters.

Thanks,
ema
thank you so much, that's exactly what i was looking for!!
i really like your input style.
liquid8d

Post by liquid8d »

excellent, i like the osk improvements (highlighted selected key, follows selected line, plugin, etc..), and the updated file listing (although a bit slow)

However, I have had this new version freeze on me quite a few times now randomly. It also seems very slow when scrolling the screen right/left (beginning/end of lines), which was not an issue in the previous version. I had to revert back to 2.0 for now.

Keep up the great work, I am getting so much use out of this! Hope to see an update soon.

My suggestion again, it would be nice to see tab-style document selection, so you can see which files you have open.

liquid8d
mrn

Post by mrn »

hello ema. I'll make the fosk plugin soon.
m.
mrn

Post by mrn »

just noticed:
1. when using a dark background, and starting a search ...
the black fonts are not really visible in the "search field" :(
2. the search field hides the first line of the OSK!
liquid8d

Post by liquid8d »

speaking of searching... since O submits the search, you can't paste something into the search box, you can cut and copy, but not paste. A minor fix, but helpful nonetheless.

liquid8d
mrn

Post by mrn »

ok. the fosk plugin has been just finished.
I send a copy to ema. If sbody wants a copy before ema release the next version of the text editor, pls drop me a mail.
ciao!
m
my psprecious

Post by my psprecious »

this is the one of the best lua software done, a bit tricky to get use to

where I get the x o are set Jap way so I always press the wrong one, would it be easy to do a plug-in that sitch the x and o a bit like the color them chooser.

Great one ema
liquidjin

Post by liquidjin »

my psprecious wrote:this is the one of the best lua software done, a bit tricky to get use to

where I get the x o are set Jap way so I always press the wrong one, would it be easy to do a plug-in that sitch the x and o a bit like the color them chooser.

Great one ema
I agree with my psprecious. The Circle/X thing confuses me as well. I'm so used to them meaning the exact opposite. If you could implement a way to switch between Japanese and English standard buttons that would be great.

Another useful feature I would like you to consider is being able to keep your column position when moving between rows. On my version if I press down to go to next line it will always bring me to the end of that line. I'd like to be able to go down to the next line but keep my horizontal position.

One last thing. I was inspired by liquid8e, newyn, and Arwin's discussion in this thread http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... 419b0e95b8, so I wrote my own keyboard interface that makes use of the analog and some of their ideas. How would I go about making this a plugin? I've gotten used to TwinTail but find that I make way too many mistakes for my liking. The system I've created is a lot more forgiving and makes coding while traveling (in conditions like the subway) so much easier.

P.S. - Sorry about the comments first. I love your program. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting the time and effort to come out with such a polished piece of homebrew.

Thanks,
LiquidJ
liquidjin

Post by liquidjin »

liquidjin wrote:
One last thing. I was inspired by liquid8e, newyn, and Arwin's discussion in this thread http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... 419b0e95b8, so I wrote my own keyboard interface that makes use of the analog and some of their ideas. How would I go about making this a plugin? I've gotten used to TwinTail but find that I make way too many mistakes for my liking. The system I've created is a lot more forgiving and makes coding while traveling (in conditions like the subway) so much easier.
I figured out how to make the plugin. Currently, in the process of porting this over. I owe you big time ema. Learned more about how to use Lua for OO then from the official book. Good work. One last question, how do I precompile my scripts and make them a .LC?
youresam

Post by youresam »

liquidjin wrote:One last question, how do I precompile my scripts and make them a .LC?
Open the file in notepad or wordpad for a suprise!

(You cannot compile lua files to work on the psp--yet)
OCteam

Post by OCteam »

Ema: would like to review your scrollbar function for TTLDE to use it as a reference for implementation of a scrollbar on an application I am working on. Could you give some direction as to the location of the function? or a generally "howto"? TTLDE is quite the massive application after all :).

Thank You,
PP121494863-PSP1001
www.illfoundedmind.com