PSPOS

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

thsock

PSPOS

Post by thsock »

Gah my name was supposed to be tshock not thsock
anyway, here is my lua program "shell" complete with bg music, txt reader, png viewe,r xm/mod player, and usb connection. consider it a beta version. It was tested on my psp w/o problems, but i am not responsible for any damages to your psps due to this program.

you need lua .10 to use this

get PSP OS i from my filefront account http://hosted.filefront.com/tshock
chaos

Post by chaos »

"Gah my name was supposed to be tshock not thsock"

i think that's the funniest thing i've read on these forums :)
Chaosmachine Studios: High Quality Homebrew.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

hehe ..

I didnt try your OS yet but I didnt see anything about applications and games, are you going to add loading of Lua scripts?
Eggroll822

Hi

Post by Eggroll822 »

Hey tshock! This is a really interesting GUI and there are a lot of possibilities! I have created a lua script called TextReader for DJSP/PSPAdvance (originally made by Andy Fung) features include word wrap, no clipping of words, bookmark support, and other features.

I was wondering if I could use you file browser support in PSP OS to be able to select files for my textreader and you can use my textreader to make your text reader a little more fully featured.

here is a link to my textreader, it has references to DJSP features so edit it at your will...
http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/ ... ,0,21,1341

--nevermind the file browser is actually from mikehaggar99(at)gmail(dot)com, but you can still use my textreader!
thsock

Post by thsock »

Hey guys, glad to see some interest in my shell. Right now I am spending vast amounts of time learning new things about lua and cleaning up my code.
Then I will take requests.
Get the latest version of PSP OS i for lua .10 here: http://hosted.filefront.com/tshock
thsock

Post by thsock »

O sry, didnt read your whole post. You can use any of my code as long as the credit goes to me.
MikeHaggar

Re: Hi

Post by MikeHaggar »

Hmm....
thsock

Post by thsock »

O ok sry mike... I did not write the browser so You dont have my permission to use it. You must ask the author, Mike. As I said, you have permission to use MY code. And mike, I give you full credit for you code and I kept the things at the top giving you credit.
I really dont wanna make anyone mad. --I try to give credit to whom credit is due.

Mike, do you think i could improve upon your graphics in order to make your browser match my shell?

O and I will make sure to include your name in my next release if you continue to allow me to use your code.
Zim

Post by Zim »

Just wanna say that this app is quite amazing...now just need more stuff to put on it.. thsock great work..

i changed the images a bit had a play around decided to give it that vista feel to it.. looks quite nice.. i hope that this is not a problem :/

Thanks for a great app

Zim
thsock

Post by thsock »

Yah sure, change the graphics for your own personal use. NP
In fact,
Please post your graphic mods/layouts for OS i here and i will consider using them in the upcoming releases.
Zim

Post by Zim »

Cool.. Well i aint figured out how to screenshot from the psp yet.. but here is a link to a pic of what the os looks like

http://www.ez-solutionz.co.uk/psp/pspvista.JPG

Was a really quick job.. gonna be working on it in more depth when i can get some time..

Zim
BePe86

Post by BePe86 »

Just a quick update.

I've now joined this project, and we're now rewriting the code to support a kind of API for making programs to this shell.

As soon as we have any progress with this (takes time), I'll post screenshots and source coce for your pleasure...
EU PSP 1.52 -> 2.0 -> 1.50
Untold Legends
32MB + 1GB Memory Sticks
bossmanuk

Post by bossmanuk »

Hey guys, i only have 1MB free on my memory stick so could you post a few screenshots of PSPOS to see if its worth me deleting some of my stuff? Thanks.
train2335

Post by train2335 »

does anybody have to psp os i source code or know where i can get it, i am hoping to build off of it, thanks
thsock

Post by thsock »

First of all, I dont really want you to build off of my code, and second, lua is an interpreted language. Feel free to join the team though.
hunter01

how to install

Post by hunter01 »

hey guys just donloaded it but how do u install it on the psp.
thanks guys