RSS Feed?

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

2Xtremes2004

RSS Feed?

Post by 2Xtremes2004 »

Once wifi is avalible for Luaplayer, how hard would it be to make an rss program. I think this would be a great example for testing the wifi feature.

Also in the todo list, a PhysicsFS filesystem is mentioned. Is this simulare to .zip and .rar? If so, I was wondering if scripts will be able to launch from within them. How will this work?
I want my money back!?
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

Didnt 2.6 add this feature to the firmware?
2Xtremes2004

Post by 2Xtremes2004 »

Yes, but I am talking about a program made with lua (rss.lua), so that it can be used with 1.5 firmware & Luaplayer.
I want my money back!?
Shine

Re: RSS Feed?

Post by Shine »

2Xtremes2004 wrote:Once wifi is avalible for Luaplayer, how hard would it be to make an rss program. I think this would be a great example for testing the wifi feature.
This should be possible, but if you just want something for testing wifi, a simpler protocol like HTTP is better. I've implemented wifi support already in Lua Player, it is in SVN, you can get a preview for firmware 1.5 at http://www.luaplayer.org/LuaPlayer-0.15-preview.zip . The PSPSDK implementation is not very clean, there are bugs with the termination, no nameserver lookup and there are no server sockets, so it is not ready for a release, but in the Lua Player preview a wifi sample is integrated (see WLAN entry in Lowser), which loads a file with HTTP from luaplayer.org.
2Xtremes2004 wrote: Also in the todo list, a PhysicsFS filesystem is mentioned. Is this simulare to .zip and .rar? If so, I was wondering if scripts will be able to launch from within them. How will this work?
Yes, physicsfs can use zip files as an archive. Within a Lua Player script you can load the files like you would do as if it were normal files in the same directory where your script is, but anything is in one zip file. Laurens from this forum was working on the port of physicsfs for Lua Player, but I haven't heard anything from him for some months.
joreofiorio35

Post by joreofiorio35 »

Hey Shine, looking good so far.

Can you please post the functions that are used so far by the Wlan class and the Socket class (class or whatever its called)? And you might want to update the function reference on the wiki so that it shows all of the IR functions and etc that can be used in version 0.14. Thanks,
Josh Fiorio
dsn

Post by dsn »

Bob535 wrote:Didnt 2.6 add this feature to the firmware?
The RSS "support" in 2.6 is incredibly lame. It isn't an RSS reader. All it does it look for enclosures in RSS feeds that link to audio files, and then stream those files. You can't, for example, read an RSS feed from BBC News.