D&D Dice Roller

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

JoshDB

D&D Dice Roller

Post by JoshDB »

Version 1

Rolls up to 6 dice in denominations of:
As always, there's crisp, easy to read graphics, and a fast and accessible way to roll large numbers of dice.

Download
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

much more simple than mine, I will release mine tommorow still, it gives a few more options than yours does at the moment. I like how you did a background and font though. Looks a lot more professional than mine, which is just text ( basic font ) on a white background.
JoshDB

Post by JoshDB »

oh it doesn't matter. to get anywhere with homebrew you have to have competition.

does yours increment the dice size? a guy suggested i add that in my comments, but if you have it i won't add it.
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

I will post the first version tonight, then I will make it flashy with fonts and graphics and stuff later.

Currently

-- Lets you select between 0-10 dice of each type at one time, only generating for the dice you select. d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d100 included

-- Displays the results on the screen until the next dice roll

Future

- Flashy graphics
- Preset combos of dice ( 4d6 For Character Generation, etc. )
- Roll each type of dice individually
JoshDB

Post by JoshDB »

Nice work.

ANyways, I updated mine with a better-looking font. Instead of each one taking up 10 pixels for 1 letter, most take exactly what they need now, making it look WAY better.
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

I have posted my dice roller on my website.

www.247364.com
JoshDB

Post by JoshDB »

Bob - Your dice rolls aren't totally random! Neither are mine... )*:

Add [math.randomseed(os.time())] to the top of your script to create the most random number possible. Well, the most random number possible might be something like [math.randomseed(os.time()*os.date())], but that's not entirely the point ( :