homebrew auti 1.5

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

Andergh

homebrew auti 1.5

Post by Andergh »

English I know not how speak to

Hello boblogi , Canfyddais ffordd at gwna homebrew gweithia acha naill atalnoda bum firmware. 'ma s fel , adysgrifia 'r bôn canolbarth chan 'r sfo acha 'r must update raglen , 'na bastio 'i i mewn yr un leoliad acha unrhyw raglen.
annerajb

Post by annerajb »

try translating with google or something because i cannot understand what you are saying.
Andergh

Post by Andergh »

Welsh is the above writing
asking that you are?
Poseidon

Post by Poseidon »

English I know not how speak to

Hello boblogi , Canfyddais ffordd at gwna homebrew gweithia acha naill atalnoda bum firmware. 'ma s fel , adysgrifia 'r bôn canolbarth chan 'r sfo acha 'r must update raglen , 'na bastio 'i i mewn yr un leoliad acha unrhyw raglen.
Translated :
l make heavy people , I Saw way to do homebrew I work astride the one I point five firmware. here sound like , I copy ' group we may be middle part with ' group sfo astride ' group ognise update program , ' I do paste ' I in the same location astride any program.
Hiya

Post by Hiya »

I was reading this and knew what it said, so i registered.

in better english, it's saying that he (or she) found a way to hack 1.5 firmware, copy the bottom middle part of the update (if he/she is talking about the 1.51 update or the MustUpdate program, i don't know) .sfo part of the program, and paste it in the same part of the homebrew you want to work.

I don't have a PSP, but if anyone wants to try this, then go head
pdc

Re: homebrew auti 1.5

Post by pdc »

Andergh wrote:English I know not how speak to
OMG... I told them not to cut the education budget in Wales.
Hiya

Post by Hiya »

pdc wrote:
Andergh wrote:English I know not how speak to
OMG... I told them not to cut the education budget in Wales.
they speak welsh in Whales? didn't know that

did you really tell someone that? or am i just too gullable?
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Is it possible if you can personal message this person and find out for us? I tried copying pasting data from the .PSP and .PSAR files to no avail.

I copied the data from the Update .SFO to the Homebrew .SFO and it didn't run the program. I cannot imagine that copying the .SFO to the .PSP files of the homebrew will work. But I suppose I can try it...

Post by Guest »

It was either exploit forum or hall of shame. Lets start with expoit forum...

[Someone enlighten, are there places in UK where people are not taught to speak english as a primary language ? It happens in the USA too I know, but its always surprising to hear in either place...]
RATiX

Post by RATiX »

Well seeing as how the SFO MUST PERFECTLY match something in either the PSP or PSAR files or both, this might work....

*note on the sensitivity of sfo files: I edited the one from the 1.51 update so it said the parental level was 2, re-packaged it, ran it on a 1.50 PSP, got an error.
BitShiftLeft

Post by BitShiftLeft »

gorim wrote:It was either exploit forum or hall of shame. Lets start with expoit forum...

[Someone enlighten, are there places in UK where people are not taught to speak english as a primary language ? It happens in the USA too I know, but its always surprising to hear in either place...]
Yes, Welsh is a primary language in parts of Wales but the speakers will always speak English as well (this didn't used to be the case 50+ years ago).
Road signs and road markings in Wales are bilingual Welsh/English and there are strict Welsh only schools for people who want to bias their childrens learning with Welsh.

We even had our own Welsh made home-computers, The "Dragon 32" (the Dragon is a prominent symbol from Welsh folklore).
This was my first real computer, and was a clone of the Trash-80 Color from the US, aah those were the days.

However, getting back to this guy, he/she seems to be looking for attention, as they were probably unloved by their parents or something and given a piece of coal for christmas instead of a Dragon 32.
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Take the last part of the SFO header from MustUpdate or 1.51 updater and paste it over one in homebrew?
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

I took and merged the psp 1.51 update, and snes9x...

using param.sfo and data.psar from the 1.51 update...

i hex-edited the beginning of data.PSP from snes9x to change .ELF to ~PSP

packaged it up and loaded it on the PSP, it shows as a psp update... when I run it, the White PSP animation plays, and then the memory card gets hit hard, the psp freezes on the white psp logo, with a solid memory card light.. then shuts off completely.

the SFO isn't shit... it's all in the duality of .PSP and .PSAR

as a second attempt, i copied in hex the part of DATA.PSP from the 1.51 update up till the filesizes... then I put in the correct filesize-336 and filesize... re-packaged the PBP, the white psp animation launches, clears, and the 80020148 message appears.
Last edited by fashidus on Fri May 27, 2005 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdc

Post by pdc »

gorim wrote:It was either exploit forum or hall of shame. Lets start with expoit forum...

Gorim, BitShiftLeft is right - this is for attention.
I lived in Wales for 13 years and I'm fluent in the language. I know for a fact that a Welshman's English cannot be that poor.

TV is English, Radio is English, Newspapers are English, Magazines are English.
'English' as a school lesson has been compulsary for many, many, many years.
It's just not possible for someone to speak only Welsh.
chaos

Post by chaos »

Andergh wrote:bum firmware
heh.
Chaosmachine Studios: High Quality Homebrew.
boob

Post by boob »

pdc wrote: I know for a fact that a Welshman's English cannot be that poor.
I'm not so sure about that: I seem to recall fairly poor English being spoken in a pub in Newport a good few hours after a crushing defeat by Betwys.

But seriously, there are people with little or no command of English, in Wales, but they are, I'd guess, 70-80 years old and probably living in fairly remote areas. I guarantee that NONE OF THEM BUY IMPORT PSPS.

Andergh: Lechyd Da boy bach.

-B
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Lets stay on topic -- as this is an interesting one...

Post by Guest »

zigzag wrote:Lets stay on topic -- as this is an interesting one...
No it isn't. Andergh and Hiya are the same people, playing games from multiple identities. I am assuming the basis for the original post was BS trolling.