PSP Dev Official Guinea Pig

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

mebeatyouup

PSP Dev Official Guinea Pig

Post by mebeatyouup »

Hey guys I'm new to this site and don't know how to code but I want to put my available skillz to your disposal.

I have a 1.5 psp and am willing to subject it to any test, even if you think it will ruin psp, to reflash to 1.0 firmware or run unsigned code. I am pretty good with the solder so if your instructions are detailed enough I can do that, or just any type of various programs.

Why will I do this you ask?

Because I have the special skill of buying PSP's at walmart, switching the identifying stickers, and returning them unopened. The first few times I did this was to get a perfect dead pixel free PSP, but I realized that I can do it to help you guys. Helps that I have access to almost 8 walmarts, a few that are a bit of a drive but still not bad.

I know that ppl on psp-linux are all pansys and afraid to even test anything (from my looks, you guys are the only ones who have made real progress) they say they are too afraid of having a 250$ paper wieght.

Well, I want to have that paperwieght. I am official PSP dev guinea pig, so if you guys can come up with the first thing for me to test, for either unsigned code, reflash, or whatever u need tested on a 1.5, then just come to a concensus and I will do it.

I dont want all you guys who dont have my special skill ruining ur nice PSP's, so this is my offering to the community. It is all I can do because I cannot make a computer code.

Cheers.
Official PSP Dev Guinea Pig
annerajb

Post by annerajb »

if you can get nem schematics. you can remove the firmware chip and read the 1.5 data in the chip
mebeatyouup

okay

Post by mebeatyouup »

okay if you or nem or anyone wants to fill me in on how to do that either here or over aim is fine. I cant get on aim right now tho because I am in my college library, but in the afternoon and evening Pacific Time I should be on aim. I reading up on how to open up the PSP as of now (The many screws)
Official PSP Dev Guinea Pig

Post by Guest »

I am sorry, but I can't see us desiring to organize such blatantly dishonest activities from this site. A true candidate for "Hall of Shame".
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Well, I want to have that paperwieght.
Ahem. BULLSHIT. If you're just going to turn around and return it to Walmart or whatever then you are so set against having a paperweight that you'd scam free replacements.

Just because they don't check well enough to catch you doesn't make it right. Were you raised by wrestling referees?