TEST PS2 HDD Use for FFXI

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

someoneplease

TEST PS2 HDD Use for FFXI

Post by someoneplease »

Hey guys, nice to finally be apart of the site. I put this question here as I didn't want to put it in the wrong area and offend anyone. :)

I have a H30001 Test Playstation 2, and know that these systems, out of the box, don't have Sony HDD support (or DVD movie support for that matter). Mine does work with the Network Adapter though, and my memory card slots work fine unlike some other Test models. I know there are H30001 systems out there that can mount a Sony HDD because the firmware inside has been updated. The one, unfortunately, was not.

Sony's support line has no idea who I'd need to contact in order to service a developer PS2, so I guess I'm trying to figure out where exactly I'm supposed to get this firmware update for the system. It's not the end of the world I suppose if I can't figure out how to do this, but I know that there is at least a support line for developers when their consoles break, and I know there is a firmware patch that could fix this very easily.

I'm just lost, and I've run out of people to request help from.

Can anyone offer their advice or opinions?

Thanks guys

D-
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

We don't discuss official development hardware/software here.
If you acquired the kit legally (as in through SCE Developer relations or press relations) then you can ask them your questions...