Are there usb drivers for different hardware somwhere?

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

someone
Idiot

Are there usb drivers for different hardware somwhere?

Post by someone »

I'd like to hook up a usb mouse.
a usb keyboard
a usb printer
lots of other usb devices

How can I do it on the PSP? I'd guess you'd either need some software or drivers to use the devices.... Where can I get these?

-thanks
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

sorry i meant to post in PSP section.. those acronyms look so alike :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Doesn't matter, there are none and never will be. The PSP is a device, not a host, so you cannot hook other devices to it.
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

Hmm... It appears to me that you say this because it is your wish for the PSP to remain a device and not a host, not because of technical incapacity.
What do you call a PSP that allows a camera to hook up to it? Device or host?

I'll be nice and assume your attitude just went along with the answer, meaning that you said no because of the psp's technical incapacity, which is all I'm concerned about, I could care less about people's attitudes on what a device should or should not do, that is a philosophical and opinionated discussion, not a technical one.

So assuming there are technical reasons why this is not possible, please elaborate these reasons. I came here to learn about the PSP, not learn people's attitudes about it.

Thank you.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The PSP is not a host, therefore, you cannot hook devices to it directly. The PSP camera has a host controller inside it. That is why you can use it but not regular web cameras. This has been discussed here many times before as other noobies appear and post yet another idiotic request for drivers. These posts are very similar, saying something like
I'd like to hook up a usb mouse.
a usb keyboard
a usb printer
lots of other usb devices

How can I do it on the PSP? I'd guess you'd either need some software or drivers to use the devices.... Where can I get these?

-thanks
See how stupid they tend to be? A simple search would have given them the answer without bothering us devs from real work.