Getting a PS1 game to work on PSP

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

adam0000

Getting a PS1 game to work on PSP

Post by adam0000 »

i wouldnt say im new at this whole modding thing. but i know a few things and then again i dont. my whole issue is im trying to get PS1 games to work on firmware 3.90 M33-2. i extract the EBOOT using Popstation GUI. and my PSP reads it. but when i load the game. it just sits there. and it will ask what POPS i want to use.

original from flash

i have a popsloader.prx on my mem stick. but it wont load the game. please tell me what i am doing wrong. do i need a pops from one of those CFW's??

that is my whole problem in general. please reply back with answers. im on deployment in the ocean and internet connectivity sucks. so try to reply back in as little post as possible haha.
Wally

Re: Getting a PS1 game to work on PSP

Post by Wally »

adam0000 wrote:i wouldnt say im new at this whole modding thing. but i know a few things and then again i dont. my whole issue is im trying to get PS1 games to work on firmware 3.90 M33-2. i extract the EBOOT using Popstation GUI. and my PSP reads it. but when i load the game. it just sits there. and it will ask what POPS i want to use.

original from flash

i have a popsloader.prx on my mem stick. but it wont load the game. please tell me what i am doing wrong. do i need a pops from one of those CFW's??

that is my whole problem in general. please reply back with answers. im on deployment in the ocean and internet connectivity sucks. so try to reply back in as little post as possible haha.
get rid of popsloader, you don't need it :)
adam0000

getting rid of it

Post by adam0000 »

well i use the popsloader for anotehr program. i use it for CWcheat. it works for that program finely. so you are saying get rid of the popsloader and the game will load?? be more specific please.
weltall

Post by weltall »

except the fact that this isn't a support site cwcheat doesn't require popsloader to work and i won't say more here...
popsloader as the name implies is usefull only to load old version of pops and you must use the right version of poploader for the specific firmare you are using or it won't work
adam0000

Post by adam0000 »

well in know this isnt a "help me" site but you dont know what its like to be on deployment in the navy haha. i can only access ".org" sites. and this happens to be the only psp org site i know. if you know more, then pass them my way please.

so in all, i need a 3.90 popsloader (which isnt out i presume) or simply just downgrade again to 3.52.

which brings me to another issue. i have downgraded and upgraded easily on the same psp many times. but now i cant do anything. no restoring it back to 1.5 or downgrading in any way. i get an error. the methods i once used dont work now. maybe there is something i missed or a step i forgot.

by the way my pops question is answered. 3.52 comes with a pops in the firmware. thats fine with me. ill stay there until one comes out for 3.90 M33. thanks for what info ya gave me.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You're in the wrong place to ask about popstation and cwcheat in any case. I'm surprised you got any answer other than this one: take it someplace else (like QJ or MaxConsole). This is a developer page, not a help page for playing ps1 games on the psp.
adam0000

Post by adam0000 »

well:

1. i know this isnt the right site to go to for this kind of problem and

2. if you would have read the post, you would have seen that i can only access ".org" websites since i am on deployment and

3. if you know the answer to my question, dont be a deush, just tell me what i need to know so i can stop posting if it really pisses you nerds off!!
Matrixdub

Post by Matrixdub »

adam0000 wrote: 3. if you know the answer to my question, dont be a deush, just tell me what i need to know so i can stop posting if it really pisses you nerds off!!
Lol!!

Code: Select all

http://pspwoldchat.freeforums.org/
adam0000

Post by adam0000 »

thanx alot matrix dude!!!

haha that was all i was looking for. good lookin out.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

What a douche! See why we tell folks like that to piss off? Rude and can't even spell, and he expects us to help him with basic user info. You shouldn't have helped him, Matrixdub. If he couldn't find a site on his own, he's too stupid for us to do anything more than point and laugh.
adam0000

Post by adam0000 »

well J.F. its easy for you to sit there and tell me i cant find a website for help when you are probably sitting there in your mothers basement writing programs for your PSP. im a nice guy and all i asked for was a little help because i dont have access to the internet when im on DEPLOYMENT for the United States Navy!! we dont have full access to the internet. only ".org" sites. and the reason we dont have full access is because of chinese subs trailing us and hanging on to our every fuckin word. SO!! in the end i am left with a damn site when i clearly know it not the kind of site i need. but im sure with all your time writing programs, you might know how to put a damn PS1 game on a PSP. all i am asking for is a damn ".org" site that will steer me in the right way. now i wouldnt have come here ever again since matrixman sent me a link tht was useful (much appreciated by the way) so instead of a being a problem, be the solution. if i bother you so damn much then dont read the post!!!!!
Wally

Post by Wally »

adam0000 wrote:well J.F. its easy for you to sit there and tell me i cant find a website for help when you are probably sitting there in your mothers basement writing programs for your PSP. im a nice guy and all i asked for was a little help because i dont have access to the internet when im on DEPLOYMENT for the United States Navy!! we dont have full access to the internet. only ".org" sites. and the reason we dont have full access is because of chinese subs trailing us and hanging on to our every fuckin word. SO!! in the end i am left with a damn site when i clearly know it not the kind of site i need. but im sure with all your time writing programs, you might know how to put a damn PS1 game on a PSP. all i am asking for is a damn ".org" site that will steer me in the right way. now i wouldnt have come here ever again since matrixman sent me a link tht was useful (much appreciated by the way) so instead of a being a problem, be the solution. if i bother you so damn much then dont read the post!!!!!
Fair enough, but please don't shout at J.F. He's a nice guy too.

use the unblocked.org site as provided, the chinese couldn't possibly trace that. Its the japanese you have to worry about :/

If you are responsible for launching that missile into space I refuse to help you. WHY NOT USE LASERS FFS
adam0000

Post by adam0000 »

hahahaahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!

im sorry for bein rude, that laser joke really had me rollin. haha. anywayz, i live in japan and they are very polite people beleive it or not. i have a japanese gf. and she is the sweetest thing ever. but enough about that.

hahah. lasers. hahaha. thats a good one.

i tried to use the unblocked site but it wont work for me. the people who control the internet remoted my computer and warned me not to use that site or else i can get into pretty big trouble. the rules are very strict on cruise.

but i found a site that helped me. so thanks for the info i got.
Matrixdub

Post by Matrixdub »

adam0000 wrote:well J.F. its easy for you to sit there and tell me i cant find a website for help when you are probably sitting there in your mothers basement writing programs for your PSP.
Just remember if it wasn't for people like JF there wouldn't be a need for you to look for "modding sites" because they wouldn't exist.

Have some f*cking manners and respect.

And for your information I only found that site with a little googling so you may want to read up on how to use that site before doing something more complex like "modding" your PSP.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Sorry about the fuss, but the "nerd" comment in particular wasn't called for. Maybe I am one, but to lump all devs into the category is just stupid. As a matter of fact, I DON'T live in my mom's basement.

As to reaching sites while deployed, you might try speaking to someone in charge and seeing if you can get particular sites cleared rather than general access to the net at large. The forums at QJ.net are particularly good for people looking for PSP homebrew and goodies. The url for the PSP forums are:

http://forums.qj.net/f-qjnet-sony-psp-forums-48.html/
(yes, it really does have the / on the end)

If you can get the guy in charge of the web access there to approve just that one site, you'd be set. Otherwise you are pretty stuck waiting until you go on shore leave someplace with general net access. Both my dad and oldest brother were in the Navy, so I can sympathize, but you might have checked on this before you left port.
Art

Post by Art »

It takes nerds who understand their environments completely to write dev tools
to make it easier for cowboys with a bit of imagination, or casual "fly by nighters"
to achieve anything at all I think.
To reach nerd status on a forum such as this is really a difficult state to achieve for some,
and surely due respect is warranted for the nerds that made all of this possible,
and another nerd that made popstation usable.

I think that anyone who enjoys games written by nerds without any aspiration or respect for nerds,
places someone at the very bottom of the computing foodchain.
If not actually, then potentially.