idea for homebrew on 1..51

The dumping ground for the crappiest of posts seen on these forums. Locked for posterity and updated when needed.

Moderators: cheriff, jbit

atomic16

idea for homebrew on 1..51

Post by atomic16 »

ok i have been trying to make the sfo in a homebrew app (snes whatever) look like the one in the 1.51 update i however have no idea what im doing and need help, can anybody help me
trollied

Re: idea for homebrew on 1..51

Post by trollied »

atomic16 wrote:can anybody help me
I'm afraid you're probably past help.

I feel for you.
atomic16

Post by atomic16 »

why do you think that?
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

read the other posts on the topic... thats the only help you're getting.
atomic16

Post by atomic16 »

where is it
what is its name
dyzophoria

Post by dyzophoria »

where is it
what is its name
just read everything, you'll see that pretty much it's a dead end
Phour20

Post by Phour20 »

Seach Tool Is your friend.. Dont forget it.. There are many already about mod'n the SFO file.. For example in this Section there are a few locked posts about this subject.. Example the Must Update thread..

Reason for the Lock on those threads.. So far there is nothing to really show for that just Mod'n the SFO alone doin the trick.. Ive even tried myself many different ways.. Most anyone has gotten is just the White PSP logo screen and a new Error code..
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Think of the SFO as a link, like that on a website to another website. It provides merely a means of accessing one from the other. Nothing more.

The SFO holds no keys to running code. While it may or may not be important to the code(it does provide the update needed for the code, the region needed for the code and the title of the code) it will not run code on units that cannot run unencrypted and unsigned code.

There is no 1.5/1.51 hack yet and if there ever becomes one, it will take some time.
pixel

Post by pixel »

I can hear it, I can hear it.....

*SLAM*
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.