Using usbhostfs_pc on Ubuntu in VirtualBox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Oguz286

Using usbhostfs_pc on Ubuntu in VirtualBox

Post by Oguz286 »

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I installed VirtualBox and installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my virtual machine. Everything I want to do with Linux works perfect in my VM except for usbhostfs_pc. My PSP is seen in Ubuntu and I can do everything with it, just as I would been able to running Ubuntu natively.

But when I start usbhostfs_pc, it does not connect to my PSP. When I start pspsh in a second terminal I get the "Accepting async connection (0) from 127.0.0.1"-message but no shell so this is a bit annoying. Does anyone have an idea how I could get this working?
gambiting

Re: Using usbhostfs_pc on Ubuntu in VirtualBox

Post by gambiting »

Oguz286 wrote:Hello everyone,

Some time ago I installed VirtualBox and installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my virtual machine. Everything I want to do with Linux works perfect in my VM except for usbhostfs_pc. My PSP is seen in Ubuntu and I can do everything with it, just as I would been able to running Ubuntu natively.

But when I start usbhostfs_pc, it does not connect to my PSP. When I start pspsh in a second terminal I get the "Accepting async connection (0) from 127.0.0.1"-message but no shell so this is a bit annoying. Does anyone have an idea how I could get this working?
You need to redirect USB ports from your host machine to your virtual machine - I never used VirtualBox,but it should be somewhere in options.
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

gambiting wrote:You need to redirect USB ports from your host machine to your virtual machine - I never used VirtualBox,but it should be somewhere in options.
I did that and I can access my PSP in my virtual machine, so that's not the problem. Everything works fine but usbhostfs_pc just won't connect to my PSP for some reason.
Setting up pspsdk on ubuntu and upcoming tutorials: http://www.guztech.nl
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

Oguz286 wrote:
gambiting wrote:You need to redirect USB ports from your host machine to your virtual machine - I never used VirtualBox,but it should be somewhere in options.
I did that and I can access my PSP in my virtual machine, so that's not the problem. Everything works fine but usbhostfs_pc just won't connect to my PSP for some reason.
You know,PSPLinks acces PSP not through USB mass storage device driver,but through something like serial port via USB - virtual box may redirect only specific usb calls,and not the ones used by psp link. Try VMWare server - it's free and as far it's more compatible with everything than any other free virtual machine server.I've never tested it with PSPLink though.
My projects:
PSPSnake
Mandelbrot Fractal Generator
Shoot4Fun
BlowUp!
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

I feel so stupid, I can't even describe. Ofcourse usbhostfs_pc won't connect to my PSP...

...if I don't run psplink :P

It works, but when I 'exit' via pspsh then VirtualBox crashes, but at least it works :)
Setting up pspsdk on ubuntu and upcoming tutorials: http://www.guztech.nl