dosbox, now with 100% less drama

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Murdock

Post by Murdock »

configurable p_sprint keymaps
Do u mean we could map every key of the PSP to every keyboard key? :) that'd be great ... don't know whether it is possible yet, but I doubt that you have implemented it in the last couple of releases, right? I haven't tried all of them, yet, since they cause trouble on my PSP ... as I have already mentioned on the previous page, I guess.

Greetings,

H. M. Murdock
raulpica

Post by raulpica »

aTomIC wrote:@CrazyC
Did you released this update today? On my PSP it said 10.january!

Okay, i tested this release (10.1.2008) and on my psp the screen flickers (i updated my psp to M33 3.80.4).
Same for me. The Jan. 10 flickers like mad on my PSP Fat 3.80M33-5.

But the Dec. 30 one works great...

I also tried by using a new conf. Nothing.

Any idea, crazyc?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

raulpica wrote:Same for me. The Jan. 10 flickers like mad on my PSP Fat 3.80M33-5.
Made a dumb mistake, put up a new fixed build.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

big thx for this nice release. I tested it with Prehistoric 1 and runs smooth :)
uploaded the new binary with config file and the both prx files to

http://www.emunews24.de/dosemus.html#sony%20psp257

@CrazyC
are there any changelog for this release?
raulpica

Post by raulpica »

crazyc wrote:
raulpica wrote:Same for me. The Jan. 10 flickers like mad on my PSP Fat 3.80M33-5.
Made a dumb mistake, put up a new fixed build.
Tnx Crazyc, I'm gonna try it as soon as possible using imgmount to see if it resolves the problems with the Ultima6 saving.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Put a new build with the memsize option in the sfo file for extra memory on the slim. Those of you with slims, try it out.
The only change was to fix the error that caused the flicking.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

The new build won't work on my psp (FW 3.52-4 PSP Fat). It starts, black screen and after some seconds my psp shut down. Is this new build only for slim user or for FW 3.xx?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

aTomIC wrote:The new build won't work on my psp (FW 3.52-4 PSP Fat). It starts, black screen and after some seconds my psp shut down. Is this new build only for slim user or for FW 3.xx?
On my fat with 3.52 M33-4 it works fine in 3.52 and 1.50 modes.
Wally

Post by Wally »

any plans on adding TV-Out support for slims, so Duke Nukem is possible everywhere.
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

OSK please? :(
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

crazyc wrote:
aTomIC wrote:The new build won't work on my psp (FW 3.52-4 PSP Fat). It starts, black screen and after some seconds my psp shut down. Is this new build only for slim user or for FW 3.xx?
On my fat with 3.52 M33-4 it works fine in 3.52 and 1.50 modes.
Okay, i tested the latest build (not the 29.january!) on my PSP with different memcards. It won't work in 3.52 and not in 1.50. I tested some older versions and other emulators and homebrews. All works fine, only the latest pspdosbox will not run. I copied the eboot.pbp to a folder with and without the prx files, dosbox.conf. Nothing works, i get a black screen and my psp shut off after some seconds. If i will restart my psp i must go to the recovery and exit the menu to go to the xmb...
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

aTomIC wrote:Okay, i tested the latest build (not the 29.january!) on my PSP with different memcards. It won't work in 3.52 and not in 1.50. I tested some older versions and other emulators and homebrews. All works fine, only the latest pspdosbox will not run. I copied the eboot.pbp to a folder with and without the prx files, dosbox.conf. Nothing works, i get a black screen and my psp shut off after some seconds. If i will restart my psp i must go to the recovery and exit the menu to go to the xmb...
I bet when I uploaded it, I forgot to put the ftp client in binary mode. Try getting it again.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

Now, the eboot works. Is this build the same like the yesterday before my post? It says that was build 29.january 2008 23:21:.. etc...?
DarthGameR

Post by DarthGameR »

is the use of extra memory (slim) enabled by default or do i have to enable it myself somehow?

i tried setting memsize=50 in dosbox.conf and it made dosbox crash
Last edited by DarthGameR on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarthGameR

Post by DarthGameR »

and what are the optimal cpu cycles (dosbox.conf) for slim at 333mhz?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

aTomIC wrote:Now, the eboot works. Is this build the same like the yesterday before my post? It says that was build 29.january 2008 23:21:.. etc...?
The executable is exactly the same, the change is in the PARAM.SFO.
is the use of extra memory (slim) enabled by default or do i have to enable it myself somehow?

I don't have a slim, so can't test it, but it should just work. Is the error "can't allocate"? Memsize=50 is too large anyway, the fat can only use about 10MB and 10+32 is 42, so start there and move down.
and what are the optimal cpu cycles (dosbox.conf) for slim at 333mhz?
Depends on the app.
DarthGameR

Post by DarthGameR »

crazyc wrote:The executable is exactly the same, the change is in the PARAM.SFO.

I don't have a slim, so can't test it, but it should just work. Is the error "can't allocate"? Memsize=50 is too large anyway, the fat can only use about 10MB and 10+32 is 42, so start there and move down.
i tried memsize=40 and it works now
No_one_in_particular

Post by No_one_in_particular »

Hey crazyc, for some reason my analogue stick veers off in different directions, and I've only ever experienced this problem in Dosbox. I've tried several builds (always updating to the newest) and it still remains...any suggestions?
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

hmm, okay .. I
ve tested ur new build (01.29) and it seems as if it were a build that finally runs stable on my PSP again.

But after I've loaded some games (LSL6, Alien Breed Tower Assault, etc.), I have to say I can't see any speed improvement.

Couldn't u inform us about the changes you've made?

I know you tended to ignore such requests by me in the past, but why don't u tell us what u have changed? I mean u don't have to get into details, but just a little overview ...

Oh, and is there still any potential to get some speed improvement at all? I mean it'd be kinda nice to know whether we could expect any significant boost in the future :)

Thx in advance!
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

Murdock wrote:hmm, okay .. I
ve tested ur new build (01.29) and it seems as if it were a build that finally runs stable on my PSP again.

But after I've loaded some games (LSL6, Alien Breed Tower Assault, etc.), I have to say I can't see any speed improvement.

I know you tended to ignore such requests by me in the past, but why don't u tell us what u have changed? I mean u don't have to get into details, but just a little overview ...

Oh, and is there still any potential to get some speed improvement at all? I mean it'd be kinda nice to know whether we could expect any significant boost in the future :)

Thx in advance!
crazyc wrote:Put a new build with the memsize option in the sfo file for extra memory on the slim. Those of you with slims, try it out.
;)
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

aTomIC wrote:
Murdock wrote:hmm, okay .. I

Thx in advance!
crazyc wrote:Put a new build with the memsize option in the sfo file for extra memory on the slim. Those of you with slims, try it out.
;)

well ... just because of THIS sentence by CrazyC I thought it to be self explanatory that I was speaking about the lastes MAJOR changes ... besides those that fixed the app to work at all ...
kevinritter

Post by kevinritter »

Hi, im a total Noob, but very interested in playing old pc adventures on my psp slim. After many days of searching and trying i get them to load and be "good" playable, at least the older ones like eco quest 1.
In the config file i changed memsize=14 and the games load. But with memsize=16, they dont load anymore.
My question is, with this change, you are talking about, of the .sfo file, can you go then up to memsize=50(pspslim)?
I got a small, small, really small idea of doing this, with the devkit, put a special line in makefile and make a new build
At the moment i use a build i found with the date from 2008.02.02 and i can run win3.11 on my psp.
Isnt the possibility, of the use of extra memory in this build?
Am i seeing this right, or am i totally brainfucked?
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

yea me too I ran windows 95 and 3.1 with the same build and twice as fast than bochs , but the later builds doesn't work , I hope this problem will be fixed.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Dark Chazz wrote:yea me too I ran windows 95 and 3.1 with the same build and twice as fast than bochs , but the later builds doesn't work , I hope this problem will be fixed.
What command line do you use to run windows? What error happens when you run it? It probably has something to do with the image file size detection changes I made to make it easier to imgmount the memory stick.
paco.

Post by paco. »

Can you run win95 in dosbox?Can you explain it to me?

Bye chazz
kevinritter

Post by kevinritter »

does anybody know if the more memory option for the slim is opened in the latest builds(from30.01.2008 or 02.02.2008) or have i do it manually
Is the highest memsize= option 16, cause an emulation can only use a fourth of its memory?plz
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

I use this command line:

imgmount c ms0:/psp/game/pspdosbox/w95.img
boot -l c
paco.

Post by paco. »

The WIN95.img that you use the WIN95.img that you comes in the packaging of the bochs?

Bye chazz
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

paco. wrote:The WIN95.img that you use the WIN95.img that you comes in the packaging of the bochs?

Bye chazz
what ?? better english please.
paco.

Post by paco. »

Where you downloaded this win95.img?

Bye chazz