dosbox, now with 100% less drama

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

crazyc

Post by crazyc »

pspfreak2008 wrote: oh i've forgotten to wrote that i've done this already. And it didn't work.
You can't mount the root for reasons I haven't yet investigated. Use a subdirectory.
Wally

Post by Wally »

pspfreak2008 wrote:
hi,
i can't mount ms0:/ as d: .
Why isn't it possible, is something wrong with this?
mount d ms0:/ -t dir
why are you mounting as -t dir?

try just mount d ms0:/
oh i've forgotten to wrote that i've done this already. And it didn't work.
Well what error message are you getting? You need to go deeper.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

phosphorous wrote:ftruncate.o: In function `ftruncate(int, long)':
ftruncate.c:(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `truncate(char const*, long)'
truncate prototype needs to be extern "C"
phosphorous wrote:dos/libdos.a(dos_programs.o): In function `ResolveHomedir(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)':
dos_programs.cpp:(.text+0xcfc): undefined reference to `getpwnam'
HAVE_PWD_H should be undefined in config.h
phosphorous wrote:gui/libgui.a(sdlmain.o): In function `psp_power_callback':
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xb4): undefined reference to `cache_initialized'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xb4): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `cache_initialized'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `cache_free_memory()'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc8): undefined reference to `cache_initialized'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `cache_initialized'

shell/libshell.a(shell_cmds.o): In function `DOS_Shell::CMD_SUBST(char*)':
shell_cmds.cpp:(.text+0x34b0): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `typeinfo for int'
Does CFLAGS contain -G0?
phosphorous wrote:gui/libgui.a(sdlmain.o): In function `GFX_Events()':
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc90): undefined reference to `p_spReadKey'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xe60): undefined reference to `cache_init(bool)'

gui/libgui.a(render.o): In function `RENDER_EndUpdate()':
render.cpp:(.text+0xc8): undefined reference to `p_spGetHintList'
p_sprint.c should be complied with gcc not g++.
pspfreak2008

Post by pspfreak2008 »

ok here's the last part of my config.

Code: Select all

&#91;autoexec&#93;
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
imgmount c ms0&#58;/win311.iso -t iso
mount d ms0&#58;/
SYSOPT clock 333
c&#58;
cd windows
win.com 
and the error is:

z&#58;\> mount d ms0&#58;/
Directory ms0&#58;/ doesn't exist.
But if i mount ms0:/psp/ it works...

EDIT:
You can't mount the root for reasons I haven't yet investigated. Use a subdirectory.
oh i haven't seen this post.
Last edited by pspfreak2008 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english.
phosphorous

Post by phosphorous »

crazyc wrote:truncate prototype needs to be extern "C"
Instead of messing w/ unistd.h I ended up creating a new file, truncate.h, and including that in ftruncate.c and drivelocal.cpp:

#ifndef __TRUNCATE_H__
#define __TRUNCATE_H__
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" &#123;
#endif
int _EXFUN&#40;truncate, &#40;const char *, off_t __length&#41;&#41;;
int ftruncate&#40;int fd, off_t length&#41;;
#ifdef __cplusplus
&#125;
#endif
#endif
crazyc wrote:HAVE_PWD_H should be undefined in config.h
Commented that line out.
crazyc wrote:p_sprint.c should be complied with gcc not g++.
Thought about that after I went to bed, duh.
crazyc wrote:Does CFLAGS contain -G0?
I had -G0 in my compile for p_sprint.c and ftruncate.c, I removed it but no difference. I also tried adding it to the Makefile and running make again, and also adding it to the link command, but again no difference. I see it used all over the place but I'm not sure what -G0 does, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. Almost there...
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

phosphorous wrote:I had -G0 in my compile for p_sprint.c and ftruncate.c, I removed it but no difference. I also tried adding it to the Makefile and running make again, and also adding it to the link command, but again no difference. I see it used all over the place but I'm not sure what -G0 does, so I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. Almost there...
R_MIPS_GPREL16 relocations are $gp relative. -G0 disables $gp relative addressing so "relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16" means the module was built without -G0.
phosphorous

Post by phosphorous »

crazyc wrote:R_MIPS_GPREL16 relocations are $gp relative. -G0 disables $gp relative addressing so "relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16" means the module was built without -G0.
Ok, so I went back to the configure step and added -G0 to CXXFLAGS:

CXXFLAGS='-G0 -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/include/SDL -fomit-frame-pointer -Os -frename-registers -finline -finline-limit=200 -msingle-float -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant' LDFLAGS='-lc -lpspuser -lpspkernel -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib' ./configure --host=psp
That took care of the "relocation truncated to fit" errors but I'm still left w/ a few of the same errors as before:
gui/libgui.a(sdlmain.o): In function `psp_power_callback':
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `cache_initialized'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xc8): undefined reference to `cache_initialized'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xdc): undefined reference to `cache_free_memory()'
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xe0): undefined reference to `cache_initialized'
gui/libgui.a(sdlmain.o): In function `GFX_Events()':
sdlmain.cpp:(.text+0xf44): undefined reference to `cache_init(bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
These functions seem to end up defined out when libcpu is built. I commented out the problem lines in sdlmain.cpp and rebuilt just to see what would happen. The build was successful but I got an error from pack-pbp:
ERROR: Could not open the file. (PARAM.SFO)
andrewwan1980

DOSBox, Bochs vs PSP keyboard

Post by andrewwan1980 »

crazyc, thanks for letting us know that you now have a separate DOSBox thread... would be cool to edit your other http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3179 top post linking to here...

anyway,
Am needing advice. I googled PSP keyboard and found some YouTube videos of the Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0aRsBbHI1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzl3ELO9jE

The users say they are using Pikey (noobz.eu). What am wondering if, whether I can use DOSBox or Bochs emulator with Targus keyboard? Is it possible? Has anyone tried using the Targus keyboard with DOSBox?
crazyc

Re: DOSBox, Bochs vs PSP keyboard

Post by crazyc »

andrewwan1980 wrote:crazyc, thanks for letting us know that you now have a separate DOSBox thread... would be cool to edit your other http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3179 top post linking to here...
I didn't know anyone had direct links to that thread. Anyway, I can't edit that post.
andrewwan1980 wrote:Am needing advice. I googled PSP keyboard and found some YouTube videos of the Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0aRsBbHI1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzl3ELO9jE

The users say they are using Pikey (noobz.eu). What am wondering if, whether I can use DOSBox or Bochs emulator with Targus keyboard? Is it possible? Has anyone tried using the Targus keyboard with DOSBox?
The Targus keyboard doesn't work quite right. The next build will include JF's updated libpspirkeyb that will hopefully work better.
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

CrazyC,

Is there any way to map the PSP Analog stick's X-/X+/Y-/Y+ axis to left/right/up/down buttons in your dosbox port?

That would be incredibly useful, and would make a lot of games that rely on arrow keys and keyboard commands playable...

Like Akalabeth and Ultima1-5....

something like "INPUTMAP AnalogX- Left"?
ANorthernSoul

Post by ANorthernSoul »

Great to see this thread up and running! Just seen this post on a PSP forum, thought it might be useful for some people here:
Fresh Bryce wrote:An easy way to play all your old DOS games without having to type through the comand prompt is to use IR Shell.

1) Open up the IRSHELL folder then to the EXTAPP3X folder (depends on your firmware) then into any of the APP# folders to one that is empty. Copy the DOSBOX's EBOOT.PBP and dosbox.conf to that folder.

2)Then in IR Shell, go to the "iR Shell Configurator" scroll down until you see "External Plugin Suffix" highlight an empty one and press X. Type in "exe" then press START when your done. Press RIGHT or LEFT until the App # is the number of the folder where you put the EBOOT.PBP and dosbox.conf in. I put mine in APP9 so I put 9. Now go to the one under it and type in "bat" and again with that same number. Then once more again but type "com".

You can now run any file in iR Shell with the extension of exe, bat, and com (if they're compatible with DOSBOX of course) I find it much easier this way, especially if you don't have an ir keyboard or if you have a PSP Slim and you have to type with the PSP buttons.

[edit] no need to edit the dosbox.conf
If you have edited your config file you'll need to delete the autoexecute lines for it to work.
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

DOSBox 0.72 is out. Is the latest CrazyC & DosBox_-_Murdock_s_Edition.rar downloads based on DOSBox 0.72?

Just curious, as am worried about the exact duplication of DOSBox from native sf.net to PSP. Ideally PSP DOSBox should run exactly the same as PC DOSBox, with exception of RAM. Is this correct? and does it?

Am going to be testing Turbo C++ 3.0, building & running DOS mode 13 graphics programming on PSP DOSBox since that is my favourate old 1992 past time hobby.... will see if it works...

(and then ensure interrupt, IRQ programming works too. hence why I enquired about a PSP keyboard earlier... it's a pain to type source code slowly using psprint).

PS: just for those curious, you can try out mode 13 programming from http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/denth.zip Denthor of Asphyxia tutorials.
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

crazyc wrote:The Targus keyboard doesn't work quite right. The next build will include JF's updated libpspirkeyb that will hopefully work better.
So in the next build you will use JF's updated libpspirkeyb which will be compatible with Targus Wireless keyboard? the one in those 2 YouTube videos?

So it's safe for me to go ahead and order a Targus Wireless keyboard?
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

[quote="andrewwan1980"]DOSBox 0.72 is out. Is the latest CrazyC & DosBox_-_Murdock_s_Edition.rar downloads based on DOSBox 0.72?

JI'm sorry if this causes any misunderstandings, but this "Murdock's Edition" is in no way a modified Dosbox version! I called it this way because it's dosbox instawlled the way I like it, with a lill menu and so on ... nothing spectacular! And no single line of code was edited by me! I really have no clue about coding apps :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

andrewwan1980 wrote:
crazyc wrote:The Targus keyboard doesn't work quite right. The next build will include JF's updated libpspirkeyb that will hopefully work better.
So in the next build you will use JF's updated libpspirkeyb which will be compatible with Targus Wireless keyboard? the one in those 2 YouTube videos?

So it's safe for me to go ahead and order a Targus Wireless keyboard?
You might want to wait to see how others with a targus report about it once he compiles with the new lib. Dosbox has always been "compatible" with the targus, but people report that due to the way the driver was written, there were issues with lag and such. I rewrote the drivers for the targus and the hama keyboards to be more like my palm driver (which works great for me in dosbox), so it SHOULD work better, but you can never tell until it's actually tried.
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

I heavily propose us to start a PSPDOSBox on sourceforge.net if not already done so. We need the bug tracking, wishlist & SVN support.

1. Am sure there's going to be numerious bugs and we can't all expect CrazyC to keep track of them all, especially not in 25 page long threads (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3179).

2. Wishlist is self-explanatory to it's benefits...

3. SVN support mainly for the diff/patch that CrazyC creates which is put ontop of the original PC DOSBox releases... I like diff/patches rather than FULL PSP-DOSBox sources, mainly due to keeping true to the original. (we don't want something which could lead to total deviation to original)
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

Just wondering if CrazyC (or anyone) fixed the limitation of the INPUTMAP exec.... here's a recap of my bug posting:
First bug: INPUTMAP exec doom2
This line only works if doom2 is an exe and not another batch file. (haven't tried using CALL command). If the exe expects parameters then this line will not work properly. I am trying to run Jack In the Dark and it requires two arguments otherwise the game won't run. The original Jack.bat file is:
----
@echo off
indark2 16 1
cleardrv >NUL
----
So I tried "INPUTMAP exec indark2 16 1" (with the INPUTMAP keys setup before this line) and it doesn't load. Anyone know how to get around this?
I notice Murdock/l00k dosbox.conf file has memory at 10MB. Is this the maximum we can get on a FAT PSP? How about PSP Slim?

On original PC dosbox.conf has setting core=auto & cycles=max, then DOSBox is super fast. It runs heavy games like Blood fast and smooth. However when I try these settings for PSP-DOSBox, it's slow.

I don't understand why it's slower than Murdock/l00k's settings (which they use core=dynamic & cycles=sync)
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

2nd bug:
I use Turbo C++ 3.0 IDE on PC DOSBos and it runs fine. It can load up the EXAMPLE projects and build them and run them (within the IDE for debugging purposes).

However, Turbo C++ 3.0 IDE crashes unpredictably in PSP DOSBox. I get messages like:
Exit to error: CacheBlock overrun 2 written 4204 size 4096
Also, if I manage to do a full project build, then I get this message:
Linker Error: Unable to open file CIRCLE.EXE
Though I have checked for the compiled file and it exists. Btw, command-line works 100%, but am interested in IDE for debugging/stepping/tracing purposes.

I have taken the same steps with PC DOSBox (clean version of DN151 & Turbo C++ 3.0), started IDE via DOS Navigator, built project examples and ran them 100% fine.

Same steps taken as above on PSP DOSBox (clean version of DN151 & Turbo C++ 3.0), started IDE via DOS Navigator, built project examples but get reports that it can't find the built file. Then unpredictable crashes (Exit to error:CacheBlock).
Marty

Post by Marty »

Hiya there ^^
first of all :) thanks to CrazyC (and helpers if any :P) for psp dosbox ^^ its been a source of tons of fun.

But i have a quick question :)
Im running it on my psp phat, and trying to get Little Big Adventure 2 to run (old dos/windows game from around 1997).
It can boot up and all, but once it loads what i think is the animations file (anim3ds.hqr) it comes up with a message like this:
*** Error: Not enough memory (see readme.txt)
Theres nothing to get from the readme unfortunately, so i was wondering if theres any way to perhaps :p free up a tiny bit more of memory (which might, or not, make the difference).
Im using a dosbox 0.71, usually i use the dn explorer thing but i've even tried cutting that off simply to free up some memory.

Any ideas that might help?

edit: now i feel silly :/ changing the memsize slightly fixed it.
All thats left now is attempting to get a more or less fluid speed (running no sound, no music).

Does the new 0.72 have a speed boost compared to 0.71?
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

Kuroikaze wrote:CrazyC,

Is there any way to map the PSP Analog stick's X-/X+/Y-/Y+ axis to left/right/up/down buttons in your dosbox port?

That would be incredibly useful, and would make a lot of games that rely on arrow keys and keyboard commands playable...

Like Akalabeth and Ultima1-5....

something like "INPUTMAP AnalogX- Left"?
Bump+new info:

Over the last two days I've tried to get this to work with DOS programs.

I found two programs, ARRMouse and Mouse2Key, which are supposed to allow you to use a mouse to emulate arrow keys.

For example, you move the mouse up slowly and it emulates tapping the up key slowly, faster = more presses.

However, NEITHER of these programs works in CrazyC's PSP DOSBox.

This is most likely because Dosbox uses its own non-standard method of emulating a mouse and doesn't use drivers that would work with these programs.

So, does ANYONE know of a way I can get the analog stick mapped to arrow keys?

It's a pain in the ass trying to play roguelikes or ultima games because they require you to move with the arrows and press keys to perform actions, which means I have to stop every 2 seconds to press L+R+down+select so I can try to talk to an npc or aim my "open door" command.

It's really annoying.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

phosphorous wrote:These functions seem to end up defined out when libcpu is built.
They shouldn't be. Suspend won't work right without those lines.
phosphorous wrote:I commented out the problem lines in sdlmain.cpp and rebuilt just to see what would happen. The build was successful but I got an error from pack-pbp:
ERROR: Could not open the file. (PARAM.SFO)
Use mksfo.
This line only works if doom2 is an exe and not another batch file. (haven't tried using CALL command)
I don't know if this works now or not. Was that with 0.60?
How about PSP Slim?
Dunno, you'd have to try it.
On original PC dosbox.conf has setting core=auto & cycles=max, then DOSBox is super fast. It runs heavy games like Blood fast and smooth. However when I try these settings for PSP-DOSBox, it's slow.
I don't know what you expect, dosbox will never be as nearly as fast on the PSP as on the PC.
However, Turbo C++ 3.0 IDE crashes unpredictably in PSP DOSBox. I get messages like: Exit to error: CacheBlock overrun 2 written 4204 size 4096
This is an unfortunate problem with the recompiler, it cannot know beforehand if a recompiled section will overrun it's bounds. All I can do is reduce the number of x86 ops recompiled per block.
Does the new 0.72 have a speed boost compared to 0.71?
No, just bugfixes.
Is there any way to map the PSP Analog stick's X-/X+/Y-/Y+ axis to left/right/up/down buttons in your dosbox port? I found two programs, ARRMouse and Mouse2Key, which are supposed to allow you to use a mouse to emulate arrow keys.
I'd rather not do this. How about a joystick to key program, that would probably work better.
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

crazyc wrote:
remap analog to arrow keys, blah blah blah
I'd rather not do this. How about a joystick to key program, that would probably work better.
Depends.

Is there a way to change the analog over to joystick mode without losing the psprint ability to type?

would a joystick to key program work in a game that doesn't have joystick support?

Exactly how hard would it be to add a setting in inputmap to let the analog be used as arrow keys?
just a simple "INPUTMAP analog arrow" command?

I'll try a joy to key program.

I assume the "inputmap analog joystick" switches to joystick mode, and changes the L/R triggers to button 1/button2?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Kuroikaze wrote:Is there a way to change the analog over to joystick mode without losing the psprint ability to type?
Analog mode is completely separate from mapped mode.
Kuroikaze wrote:I assume the "inputmap analog joystick" switches to joystick mode, and changes the L/R triggers to button 1/button2?
Yes.
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

Thanks CrazyC.

I found a neat program that actually works in PSP Dosbox to remap the joystick to arrow keys.

The program is here, and it's freeware:
http://members.aol.com/bretjohn
It's called Joykey.

To make it work in PSP Dosbox, use this config file:

;This is a sample configuration file for JOYKEYS.
;It contains lines for all of the different JOYKEYS Options.
;Comments start with a semicolon &#40;";"&#41;.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;  These Options control what, when, & how JOYKEYS types  ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Enable              ;Enable and reset all Joysticks
  ;EnableJoystickA     ;Enable and reset Joystick A
  ;EnableJoystickB     ;Enable and reset Joystick B
  ;EnableJoystickG     ;Enable and reset Joystick G

ASCII               ;Type with ASCII Characters
  ;ScanCodes           ;Type with Scan Codes

ContinuousKeys      ;Type Scan Codes by constantly pressing the keys
  ;MomentaryKeys       ;Type Scan Codes by pressing and releasing the keys

;Method = 1          ;Type Scan Codes with Method 1
  ;Method = 2          ;Type Scan Codes with Method 2
  ;Method = 3          ;Type Scan Codes with Method 3

Percent = 80        ;Move Joysticks 50% from center before typing
  ;PercentA = 50       ;Move Joystick A 50% from center before typing
  ;PercentB = 50       ;Move Joystick B 50% from center before typing
  ;PercentG = 50       ;Move Joystick G 50% from center before typing

PauseLength = 5     ;Wait 5/18 second before typing second key &#40;all Joysticks&#41;
  ;PauseLengthA = 5    ;Wait 5/18 second before typing second key &#40;Joystick A&#41;
  ;PauseLengthB = 5    ;Wait 5/18 second before typing second key &#40;Joystick B&#41;
  ;PauseLengthG = 5    ;Wait 5/18 second before typing second key &#40;Joystick G&#41;

RepeatRate = 1      ;Repeat typing keys after 1/18 second &#40;all Joysticks&#41;
  ;RepeatRateA = 1     ;Repeat typing keys after 1/18 second &#40;Joystick A&#41;
  ;RepeatRateB = 1     ;Repeat typing keys after 1/18 second &#40;Joystick B&#41;
  ;RepeatRateG = 1     ;Repeat typing keys after 1/18 second &#40;Joystick G&#41;

A1     = Enter          ;What to type for Joystick A, Button 1
  A2     = Escape          ;What to type for Joystick A, Button 2
  AUp    = GreyUp     ;What to type for Joystick A, Up Movement
  ADown  = GreyDown   ;What to type for Joystick A, Down Movement
  ALeft  = GreyLeft   ;What to type for Joystick A, Left Movement
  ARight = GreyRight  ;What to type for Joystick A, Right Movement
  ;AButtons = Empty    ;What to type for Joystick A, Both Buttons
  ;AMoves   = Empty    ;What to type for Joystick A, all four Movements

B1     = Enter      ;What to type for Joystick B, Button 1
  B2     = Space      ;What to type for Joystick B, Button 2
  BUp    = GreyUp     ;What to type for Joystick B, Up Movement
  BDown  = GreyDown   ;What to type for Joystick B, Down Movement
  BLeft  = GreyLeft   ;What to type for Joystick B, Left Movement
  BRight = GreyRight  ;What to type for Joystick B, Right Movement
  ;BButtons = Empty    ;What to type for Joystick B, Both Buttons
  ;BMoves   = Empty    ;What to type for Joystick B, all four Movements

GUp    = Empty      ;What to type for Joystick G, Up Movement
  GDown  = Empty      ;What to type for Joystick G, Down Movement
  ;GLeft  = Up         ;What to type for Joystick G, Left Movement
  ;GRight = Down       ;What to type for Joystick G, Right Movement
  ;GCCW   = Up         ;What to type for Joystick G, CounterClockWise Movement
  ;GCW    = Down       ;What to type for Joystick G, ClockWise Movement
  ;GMoves = Empty      ;What to type for Joystick G, both Movements

;One of these sets of keys may be more useful on your particular computer&#58;

;AUp    = FakeShift-GreyUp
  ;ADown  = FakeShift-GreyDown
  ;ALeft  = FakeShift-GreyLeft
  ;ARight = FakeShift-GreyRight
  ;BUp    = FakeShift-GreyUp
  ;BDown  = FakeShift-GreyDown
  ;BLeft  = FakeShift-GreyLeft
  ;BRight = FakeShift-GreyRight

;AUp    = Up
  ;ADown  = Down
  ;ALeft  = Left
  ;ARight = Right
  ;BUp    = Up
  ;BDown  = Down
  ;BLeft  = Left
  ;BRight = Right

;Here are some more examples of telling JOYKEYS what to type&#58;

;A1 = "1"            ;The ASCII character "1"
  ;A1 = 13             ;13 is the ASCII code for <Enter>
  ;A1 = @83            ;@83 is the extended ASCII code for <Delete>
  ;A1 = #29,56,83      ;Scan Codes for <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Delete>
  ;A1 = &29,46         ;Scan Codes for <Ctrl>-<C>
  ;A1 = ?              ;Have JOYKEYS ask for a keystroke

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;  These Options tell JOYKEYS how to look at your Joysticks  ;

Timer0              ;Use Timer #0 to measure joystick coordinates
  ;Timer2              ;Use Timer #2 to measure joystick coordinates
  ;UseBIOS             ;Use the BIOS to measure joystick coordinates

Normal              ;Using a Normal Joystick
  ;ThrustMaster        ;Using a ThrustMaster Joystick

FixBIOS             ;Fix the Joystick BIOS for other programs

Ignore              ;Ignore the initial "Center the Joysticks"... Line

Verbose              ;Show configuration stuff at startup
  ;Quiet               ;Don't show configuration stuff at startup

;Disable             ;Disable all Joysticks
  ;DisableJoystickA    ;Disable Joystick A
  ;DisableJoystickG    ;Disable Joystick B
  ;DisableJoystickG    ;Disable Joystick G

;  These Options generally woulddn't be needed in this file   ;
;  They would usually only be entered from the command line  ;

;Help                ;Show the list of Options

;StatusTable         ;Show me the current status

;JoystickTest        ;Test the Joysticks

;Uninstall           ;Uninstall from memory
Now, just add this to your game launching batch files, replacing X with your driveletter):
Inputmap analog joystick
joykey.com /configfile:joykeys.cfg
c2woody

Post by c2woody »

This is an unfortunate problem with the recompiler, it cannot know beforehand if a recompiled section will overrun it's bounds.
All I can do is reduce the number of x86 ops recompiled per block.
Try increasing the spare buffer (CACHE_MAXSIZE) which should also enable you to
have a higher maximum for the number of translated instructions per cache block.
Kuroikaze

Post by Kuroikaze »

CracyC, found an interesting bug...

I tried to run Quest for Glory VGA on dosbox, and it runs fine (if a little slow).

However, when I run it with inputmap, the game won't boot.

It gives and error like the game executable (SCIDHUV.exe) is missing the minimum hunk line.
andrewwan1980

Post by andrewwan1980 »

crazyc wrote:
This line only works if doom2 is an exe and not another batch file. (haven't tried using CALL command)
I don't know if this works now or not. Was that with 0.60?
it never worked. unless you have fixed it now..
paco.

Post by paco. »

How can I have in the dosbox the MS - Dos 6.xx instead of the MS - Dos 5.xx?
Bye!
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

I didn't get everything done yet so in the meantime I put up a new build with the updated libpspirkeyb for people with Targus keyboards to try and a fix to reduce cache block overruns.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

@CrazyC
Did you released this update today? On my PSP it said 10.january!

Okay, i tested this release (10.1.2008) and on my psp the screen flickers (i updated my psp to M33 3.80.4).

@all
After updating my PSP to M33 3.80 and then to M33 3.80.4 and this release won't run correctly, i downgraded my PSP to M33 3.52. After downgrading, my PSP bricked. Don't upgrade to 3.80.4 or downgrade from 3.80.4 to 3.52 (M33 CFW of course) or your PSP will brick!!!