Made a "How to setup the psptoolchain" tutorial...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Oguz286

Made a "How to setup the psptoolchain" tutorial...

Post by Oguz286 »

You probably wonder why I did this, since there are so many how-to's out there. Well it's because I followed them all and I still couldn't get my SDL app to run. Here is what worked for me:

http://www.guztech.nl/index.php/tutorials

Comments are welcome!

[UPDATE] I made some changes with the links, i've updated the link. I also have a tutorial about how to make usbhostfs_pc work as non-root (for those like me :P)
Last edited by Oguz286 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Looks nice.

It may be a slightly out of date as you've made me remember to add smpeg-psp to psplibraries. Which I have. :)
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

ooPo wrote:Looks nice.

It may be a slightly out of date as you've made me remember to add smpeg-psp to psplibraries. Which I have. :)
*doh* If you'd have said that a couple of days ago, I could have spared me a throbbing headache :P No sweat, i'll change it. Thanks!
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I made the change after reading your guide, it wasn't added a couple days ago. :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

ooPo wrote:I made the change after reading your guide, it wasn't added a couple days ago. :)
The person compiling DukeNukem 3D for the PSP pointed out another problem - SDL_mixer/timidity/config.h needs

Code: Select all

#define LITTLE_ENDIAN
added to it for the PSP or it won't play MIDI files correctly. It apparently defaults to big endian unless one of the platform definitions switches it to little. You'll notice in config.h that linux and W32 and i386 are all handled, but not the PSP. That probably should be dealt with as well.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Code: Select all

Sending        config.h
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 2348.
Added.
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

Oh btw, i forgot to add some info about how to get usbhostfs_pc working as non-root (it only worked as root, before i got it fixed). I'll add that tomorrow :)
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

Changed the link and added another tutorial. See first post :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Oguz286 wrote:Changed the link and added another tutorial. See first post :)
Nice! but there's one issue with the psplink article - the 054c and 01c9 will NEVER be different. 054c is Sony's manufacturer's code, and will only be different if key 0x43 in the idstorage is bad. The 01c9 is hardcoded in the usbhostfs code and will only be different if you alter the source and recompile.
zilt

Post by zilt »

J.F. wrote:The 01c9 is hardcoded in the usbhostfs code and will only be different if you alter the source and recompile.
Not always. You can change the 01c9 value for usbhostfs_pc by adding the '-p <value>' option and changing the 'pid' value in psplink.ini. You only really need to do this if you have more than 1 psp connected (I'm constantly testing with 3 different psp connected at once to my system - and this is the only way to do it).
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ and we know... many things." -- Elric, B5
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

zilt wrote:
J.F. wrote:The 01c9 is hardcoded in the usbhostfs code and will only be different if you alter the source and recompile.
Not always. You can change the 01c9 value for usbhostfs_pc by adding the '-p <value>' option and changing the 'pid' value in psplink.ini. You only really need to do this if you have more than 1 psp connected (I'm constantly testing with 3 different psp connected at once to my system - and this is the only way to do it).
Oh, right. Thanks for reminding me. So that part should be added to the tutorial. 01c9 unless you change it with the ini... and they may need more than one entry, depending on how many PSPs they're using.
Oguz286

Post by Oguz286 »

So if I understand this correctly, 054c belongs to Sony, so every PSP out there has the same vendor id. 01c9 is built in usbhostfs_pc and doesn't change unless you recompile it with a different value or if you use the -p <value> option and changing the pid value in the config file. I'll change the tutorial, thanks! Btw, J.F., you don't mind that I used a bit of your howto do you? ;)

Can I post this in the sticky? That way the same questions won't be asked again (I hope).
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Oguz286 wrote:So if I understand this correctly, 054c belongs to Sony, so every PSP out there has the same vendor id. 01c9 is built in usbhostfs_pc and doesn't change unless you recompile it with a different value or if you use the -p <value> option and changing the pid value in the config file. I'll change the tutorial, thanks! Btw, J.F., you don't mind that I used a bit of your howto do you? ;)
Not at all. Feel free. Much of "my" info was from the Mac OSX howto to begin with. People come along and add a little more info, like you're doing now. So the finished howto gets a little better each time.
noquarter

Post by noquarter »

Thanks for the tut,it'll make it easier cause I have to reinstall my macbuntu system.I got some really weird behavior goin so I'm just gonna reinstall.
Thanks a bunch.