toolchain error or cygwin screw-up?!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

cools

toolchain error or cygwin screw-up?!

Post by cools »

Well I'm on a new computer running vista, just installed cygwin + psptoolchain. The thing is whenever I try to compile anything I get the error, "/lib/libc.a: could not read symbols: file format not recognized". I then did a quick search for the file libc.a and found out there were 2 of them, one "/lib/libc.a" and the other "/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libc.a". They had very different file sizes and I am pretty sure the one in pspdev/psp/etc was needed to compile. I then tried to copy the one in pspdev/psp/etc to /usr/ but I just ended up with even more compiling errors and figured it was wrong...

Any help is appreciated.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Make sure $PSPDEV is actually set. If it isn't, whenever you try to access $PSPDEV/lib/libc.a the blank $PSPDEV will mean it is looking at /lib/libc.a.
cools

Post by cools »

I didn't have that set correctly. (after I did, alot of things started compiling again!). Also freetype-config (file) seems to install in the wrong place (might just be my fault again...), I did get it in the correct. it puts the freetype-config file in /pspdev/psp/bin, when it should be in /pspdev/bin. (or it might be vice-versa, seeing I have it in both)

So Thanks!
jsharrad

Post by jsharrad »

Lots of those programs go in pspdev/psp/bin, like freetype-config and sdl-config. Just add it to your path.