need some codes sample

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

keedier

need some codes sample

Post by keedier »

ok im new on psp programming... i already setuppe my environment.. even compiled the hello world app..

but what i really want to learn is to copy a file from ms0 to a certain folder in ms0

i know the risks, and i know all the dangers.. but i want this app to myself.. and if anyone wants it then tell them all the dangers and stuff..

im really inspired by jasonuk's application on flashing the topmenu_plugin from ms0 to flash0

im imagining building an app to customize my psp.. without all the checks and with a press of a button, flash all my custom files (font, 01-12.bmp, topmenu_plugin, icons) into the right directory in flash0.. and then gradually adding some protections for other users sake...

this is my first post, ive read almost all tuts on qj .. so please dont flame me for askin this :( , but i want some basic code to read and possibly learn.. why dont i ask jasonuk for his codes? i actually asks vbmaster on irc.. but jasonuk said that the source must not be dist. for the sake of others.. i got repect for the author so im droppin the request for his code :) so im askin all great programmers here instead..

anyone please? oh, this is my first post here yeay!
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

SDK samples directory.
harleyg

Post by harleyg »

It seems like you have an idea (not very original, may i add), but want others to do it for you.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Putting extra stuff in the flash is dangerous as it takes space that might be needed by an update. Most bricks happen because people put stuff in their flash, then when they update, they forget to remove the stuff first. During the update, the updater runs out of flash space and BAM! One bricked PSP.

You might be able to use the recovery menu to recovery from this situation, but you're asking for trouble by putting stuff in the flash. The flash is meant for system software, not little pieces of junk you think might be cute.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Wait until you are a bit more experienced.

Dont dig into that right away!
keedier

Post by keedier »

ok, it is an idea for myself.. coz i want to chage all of that in just a press of a button.. coz of all the firmwares da releases every week ;)

anyways, come to htink of it.. its very dangerous also coz maybe sony just added some features and some kind of checks for the rco's

anyways, i dont like anyone to code that for me.. why would i setup my environment? :) no offense though.. anyways, i just want a sample code snippet.. then i will learn from that..

i want to personalize my app for my self only.. and only if its proven safe and effective and someone wants it then yeah, i ll give it to them as well..

OT: highly appreciated your work on the recovery.. been your fan since 1.5 harleyg.. never had the time to say thanks so here it is :)