Any sub-division texture 'pixel stippers'(if u will)?(PSPGL)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

sg57

Any sub-division texture 'pixel stippers'(if u will)?(PSPGL)

Post by sg57 »

I made a sort of tiling system/formula into a function so i can now create a floor, sky and walls of a 3d world very easily, and since its basically tiling the texture of that wall,sky or floor, it wont clip the entire floor as badly, but there will be some clipping as there is still some full squares off screen a little :/ ...

But im either going to change it from GL_TRIANGLE_FAN to TRIANGLEs, and just duplicate my functions routines, but rotate it 180* and it should create an illusion of square floor still :)

Or the other way and its here asking you guyz... The tiling system im using is working so far, but i can only scale it down to a shorter size soo far then the texturs just dont have detail at all and are just a color spot :( I need to shrink them to prevent that god awful clipping in PSPGL...)

So I was wondering if I could keep my scaled size as of now (or just regular dimensions of image work) but strip the pixels color and info to fit onto each tiny triangle/quad... Think of a huge wall of TVs representing the quads/triangles. Somehow, the owner manages to have each TV as its own giant pixel rerally, then they display w/e and if they draw something in the co-ordinates that fit in a TVs, itll draw that out...

Code: Select all

[-]  [-]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]
[|]  [|]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]
[|]  [|]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]
[|]  [-]  [-]  [-]  [|]
[-]  [-]  [-]  [-]  [|]
Its hard to explain, but im trying :[

I just need to make enough triangles/quads that they are smaller then 1 pixel on the screen, and have each little quad be colored to that of the place on the texture... Sorry, but its hard to explain for me 8(

Thanks and sorry for the lousy job at explaining what im asking for and the thread title >-(