PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Gardo wrote:Hello, first of all I've to say:

@jockyw2001 and mojojojo: Great job :)

This app looks great, my problem is I have a Mac so I haven't been able to test it yet, and I was wondering if someone could port (cross-compile) it to Mac...
Thanks

and cheers for this awesome work
The PMPVLC specific version of VLC that Jocky made is best for most people, but not having a PC *theoretically* shouldn't kill you for basic functionality. The core VLC is already compiled for MAC, check Videolan.org for a recent version, docs, wiki, etc you will need.

The only compatibility issue might be if you need WPA wireless (3.XX kernel) and the VLC version for the MAC doesn't do x264/AVC right. The 3.XX version of PMPVLC for the PSP can only decode AVC I believe.

I know that the linux version of VLC had awful vlc macro support and broke gloriously with my playlist modifications. So try using a pristine Jocky's pspfiles macro first. My mods are only needed for fanciness.

Here's what you try ... I can't try this myself (no MAC) ...

Get the latest and greatest VLC for OSX/Darwin ... make sure it works!

Scroll through the threads and get the latest PMPVLC for your PSP that works for your kernel and wireless combo. There is nothing on the PC/MAC side that is required to get PMPVLC onto your PSP.

I'm assuming you know all about PSP homebrews, kernels, and wireless issues with different PMPVLC versions. And you know how to move around in Darwin. Check the thread and various wikis.

If you don't need WPA wireless ... use PMPVLC version for the 1.5 kernel first. That let's you do both AVC and non-AVC. The 3.xx version is only AVC (last I checked).

First ... try just a manually created stream. Build a simple stream on the MAC in VLC. If you are using WPA wireless, then that version of PMPVLC only works with an x264/AVC stream. Check back through the thread for stream settings to try. Again ... try that stream on another box (or VLC instance) first to make sure the basics work, before trying it on the PSP.

On the PSP ... Install the pmpvlc homebrew onto your PSP. If you are using OE ... make sure you are booted with GAME pointing to the right kernel or put the right pmpvlc version in the right GAMEXXX directory. LE and M33 are all just GAME.

Make sure it boots and can connect to wireless. The instructions for that are the same regardless of desktop OS. Check the thread if you have problems installing on the PSP.

In the ini on the psp ... set it to point to that manually created stream. Make sure your settings for AVC et al are right.

Load up pmpvlc again and try the stream. If that works then you are golden for basic streaming. That could be all you need.

If you want to be able to do basic video/audio file selection ...

Now this is where it gets fun. VLC has a macro language ... the pristine jocky version of PMPVLC comes with a basic macro called "pspfiles" which is in the http directory.

On your MAC, you need to do some digging (read the Videolan pages). Find the application folder for VLC ... there should be an "http" directory folder for it with the included macros that let VLC's web interface work.

"pspfiles" goes in there ... under the same place it would go in a PC.

Put the file in the right place and start (or restart) VLC on your MAC. The UI between VLC versions is annoyingly different but all the settings are (mostly) the same ... just different windows sometimes. Enable http on in you MAC and make sure you can get to VLCs native web UI via your browser.

(It is an excercise for the reader to figure out how to test pspfiles from the browser. Check the thread. There are some early messages on pspfiles hacking for TV use. Around there somewhere are urls for manually polling the pspfiles macro. Also note that the browser won't do LF as you expect. "view source" on the output. I recommend this exercise. It is how I ended up writing my own macro after reading Jocky's.)

On the PSP ... the instructions and pmp.ini settings are the same regardless of OS you have for desktop.

The drive letters "c:" etc are not magic. Something like "/drivename/home/mojojojo/somefiles" *should* work just as well as "c:\something\monkey\somefiles" in the video and audio lines.

Try something simple first! Put a couple files in a directory that's easy to type and put that in the ini.

If all that works ... congratulations!

If you want to get fancy with the playlist ... feel free to try out the http macro scripts I created or create a simple custom one for yourself.

There is good info on VLC macros in the Videolan website docs/wiki

Good luck!
Gardo

Post by Gardo »

@mojojojo:

Thanks for the comments; I'll follow your advice... Right now I don't have time (I've a lot of work, and I have to finish a BIG project) but as soon as work settles down, I'll try, and post results properly. :)
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

I have a PSP slim with CFW 3.71 m33-3, and no matter what I try, I end up with a 80020148 (The game could not be started) error when launching PMP VLC 0.0.9.

Is this because the Slim blocks direct 1.5 kernel access? Does anyone know of a workaround, or will PMP VLC be ported to the 3.xx kernel?

Thanks for any assistance!
rathalian

Post by rathalian »

Re check the first post as there is a link there to the 3.x compliant build (I had the same problem with the stock .0.0.9 version)
rathalian

PMP VLC codec query

Post by rathalian »

I use PMP VLC solely for viewing media from my memory card.

The files I am watching are primarily DivX5 / Xvid encoded videos, however VLC either says 'No codec' or 'No Video Detected' (sound works on this one) depending on the video.

I have tried the test avi (the h254 encoded movie) and it works fine with the AVC hardware decoding enabled.

I disabled the hardware acceleration option which allowed me to select the alternate vid_codec and selected Div3 without success. Can this app only handle 1 video and 1 audio codec enabled at a time ? With the PC version it is able to detect the required decoding method and utilise it.

Does this build of VNC support the latest Xvid and DivX codecs being used to compress 'distributed' video :)

I searched the web and this forum however most of the information is tending towards the streaming side of things.

Thanks ahead of time for any info - let me know if I can contribute any additional information.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

The codec selection in the config file is only for streaming media.
If hw encoding is selected then the video must be h264/avc

If hw encoding is diabled in the config, you can play any file from memory card as long as the codecs are supported by ffmpeg.

So if your file plays with Ffplay it should be playable b PMPVLC
rathalian

Post by rathalian »

Thanks for the concise answer Jocky - I'll look into the build version you have included re support.

Adam
lion09503

Post by lion09503 »

i run 3.30oe i put it in folder GAME330 when i play the vlc-enablr.avi.it plays the video perfectly but when i play other videos.it just plays the sound and says "no video detected width=704 width=396 press square to stop the video" but when i press square it just freezes and restarts
ScottyUlster

Post by ScottyUlster »

I run it for like half an hour then it will freeze or stop, this is when i stream from tvu player..
preetyforu

Post by preetyforu »

OMG THIS IS GREAT VLC ON PSP, vlc is pure 1337 for those n00bs who use windows media player

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

preetyforu wrote:OMG THIS IS GREAT VLC ON PSP, vlc is pure 1337 for those n00bs who use windows media player

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org
Spam... please ban and delete the post.
grimworld

Unknown format

Post by grimworld »

I have cfw 3.71 m33 and \PSP\GAME\PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW

I have managed to see the files on my PC in VIDEO but no matter what file I try to play I get http://192.168.1.40:8081/pspstream: Unknown format. VLC player on the PC starts to play the file though but with no video.

pmp.ini

# Net Io Config

[net]

con = 1;

vlc_server = 192.168.1.40;

vlc_port = 8081;

pmp_server = 192.168.1.40;

pmp_port = 3333;

# set to 2 for ffmpeg debug and my debug output and to 1 for only my debug output

debug = 1;

videopath1 = c:\Movies;
videopath2 = vlc_playlist;
videopath3 = ;
videopath4 = ;
videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = C:\Music\;
musicpath2 = vlc_playlist;
musicpath3 = ;
musicpath4 = ;
musicpath5 = ;

dvd_drive = d:;

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz = 360;
res_vert = 272;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw = 0;

vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
#vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
#vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

# recommended settings, AVC hw: 800/25; DIV3/MP3: 600/20;
vid_bitrate = 800;
vid_fps = 25;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

# here you can put additional video transcode options, e.g. vid_extra = canvas-aspect=16:9,canvas-width=480,canvas-height=360;
#vid_extra = canvas-aspect=16:9,canvas-width=480,canvas-height=272;
vid_extra =

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate = 64;
aud_channels = 2;

resample = 0;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

aud_extra =;

container = ogg;
#container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.168.1.40;
liveport = 1234;
barginboyrob

Post by barginboyrob »

I am using system software 3.80 M33-4

I have placed the pmp vlc files in GAME and GAME150 and GAME380 just to be sure, but neither of them load?

I generally get error: 8002014C or 80020148

can any one help me please...:-(
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

barginboyrob wrote:I am using system software 3.80 M33-4

I have placed the pmp vlc files in GAME and GAME150 and GAME380 just to be sure, but neither of them load?

I generally get error: 8002014C or 80020148

can any one help me please...:-(
I believe PMPVLC is 1.50-style homebrew. You either need the 1.50 addon (for the phat) or put it in GAME and use eLoader (for the slim).
barginboyrob

Post by barginboyrob »

Thanks that worked a treat!
halokilla77

Post by halokilla77 »

hello,

I have Phat 3.80 M33-5 with 1.50 Add-On. I placed both folder "PMPVLC009_JockyW" and "PMPVLC009_JockyW%" in the GAME folder.

-If GAME folder homebrew is set at 3.80 then I get "The game could not be started (8002014C)
-If GAME folder homebrew is set at 1.50 then I get nothing but a black screen and my PSP shuts off.

I can't get it to load or startup. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
b666m

Post by b666m »

one question:

(info: i'm running pmp vlc 0009 oe rev4 on a fat psp with cfw 3.90m33-2)

is the movie- and music-list stored on the psp or pc (or nowhere ^^)?

i ask because:

1. i had a directory with many movies in it:
> vlc crashed every time while loading the list of the movies

2. i removed some files:
> get the list on my pc with the browser
> vlc crashed as i tried pmp vlc on my psp

3. i removed more files from the dir (there were only 5 or so left):
> get the list with browser
> get the list with psp

4. i added some files to the dir (~5 movies):
> get list without any problem on my psp

5. i added a lot more files to the dir (~15 movies):
> still get the list
(although there were as many files as at point 1. in this dir?!)

is a list saved somewhere (i couldn't find one ^^) or is that just a weird effect?!?!?! :/
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Both PMP VLC 0.0.9 and VLC are buggy like hell :)
The list is composed of files found on the memstick and on VLC server.
I should buy a PSP Slim & Lite and redo the whole thing ...
CweLe

Post by CweLe »

that would be superb :P
VitEEzkOOjA

Post by VitEEzkOOjA »

jockyw2001 wrote:To all who have trouble to connect PSP to PC do following test:
1. On PSP go into Network Settings
2. Go into "Infrastructure Mode"
3. Select the WiFi profile you intend to use with PMP VLC
4. Click the triangle button and select "Test Connection" from the menu
5. If the test succeeds the IP Address is shown right under the "Encryption" item. Note down that address.
6. Start PMP VLC and click right trigger to start Wifi and network
7. Press Select and then Music from the Media menu
8. If the PSP connects to your WLAN access point or router you should exactly this:
Connecting to Access Point...
connection state 0 of 4
connection state 2 of 4
connection state 4 of 4

=> If not, your WiFi profile number is wrong in pmp.ini <=

9. Press the triangle key to get back in the main screen
10. Open a command window on your PC
11. enter the command: ping 192.168.1.39 (replace with the IP written down in step 5) You should see something like this:

Code: Select all

Pinging 192.168.1.39 with 32 bytes of data&#58;

Reply from 192.168.1.39&#58; bytes=32 time=145ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.39&#58; bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.39&#58; bytes=32 time=825ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.39&#58; bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.39&#58;
    Packets&#58; Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 &#40;0% loss&#41;,
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds&#58;
    Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 825ms, Average = 246ms
=> If you don't see this your IP netwerk settings are wrong

@Bob535: are you sure you start WiFi with the right trigger when you are in the main screen of PMP VLC?

I did all that and yes I can ping my PSP but my problem is when I go to Live Stream I see a loading... and after 10 seconds PSP shuts down. Any tip?
I’m using 3.90 M33-3 and I am trying to stream from my TV Card. I followed your instruction but I’m stuck. Thanks in advance Uran :)
thereapman

Post by thereapman »

I've got PMPVLC running on 3.90M33-3 with AVC.
Streaming of DVB-S with VDR as source in VLC works perfect.
Now i've one Question:

My VLC-encodingbox is an AMD Athlon64 3400+ an when i'm encoding the CPU-Load is constant at 60-70%. Is there any trick to reduce the Load?
Here my options for Streaming:

&#58;sout=#transcode&#123;vcodec=h264,vb=600,width=480,height=272,fps=25,venc=x264&#123;me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1&#125;,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2&#125;&#58;std&#123;access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0&#58;1234&#125;
KCPSP

WTF?

Post by KCPSP »

Ive tried PMPVLC009 in correct folder with 3.71 m33-4 1.50 kernel GAME150, but wont load

PMPVLC009_OE_Rev4 loads fine in GAME 3.71 kernel, but gets error loading file message when connecting to live stream

both tvu and vlc work properly

i have followed every step in the tutorial verbatim

any ideas?
Gr3Ger

Post by Gr3Ger »

I've tried for several hours getting this app to work.
I'm running on a PSP Slim/Lite.

I have added MUSIC and VIDEO folders to my PSP dir and one file in each of them.

I can play (s)VCD/DVD From the homebrew but I cannot get the video and music files on my PC to show up on the PSP.

I can see the list of files when I open up
http://192.168.1.3:8080/admin/pspfiles. ... lt/mp3/ost
inside firefox and all.
But they won't show up in the homebrew :(

Anyone know what could be wrong?
brutuscat

soverlay

Post by brutuscat »

Hi, how can I add the soverlay parameter to the pmp.ini ? I need to see the subtitles :)
example on Live

&#58;sout=#transcode
&#123;soverlay,
vcodec=h264,
vb=600,
width=480,
height=272,
fps=25,
venc=x264
&#123;me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1&#125;,
acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2&#125;
&#58;std&#123;access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0&#58;1234&#125; 
This is working fine but only on Live

How can I add it on the transcode settings?

Thanks!
brutuscat

Folder issues

Post by brutuscat »

And for those that were having issues with the folders for transcode from the PC to the PSP, I've installed the vlc-0.8.5-psp-x264-win32.exe that comes with the PMPVLC009-binaries and worked fine!
The one from the post of the Rev.4 didn't worked. It adds the places on the list but shows no string and when selected says that the files can't be opened.
amodium_zen

crashing

Post by amodium_zen »

very cool piece of software for the psp... ive been banging my head against a wall trying to get it to work and have slowly but steadily made progress

i feel like victory is just within my grasp, but the only problem is that i cannot get the client to actually play the video files it lists (i finally got them to display by downgrading the server version from vlc-0.8.6a-psp-x264-wait-win32.exe to vlc-0.8.5-psp-x264-win32.exe).

whenever i attempt to open one, a screen that says loading comes up and i see the wifi connection light blinking but nothing else happens. eventually, the psp just shuts off. if i go and look at my pc, the server is playing the file i selected on the psp.

ive searched the forums but cant seem to find any solutions to this problem. i realize these forums arent very active anymore and i will continue to search for a solution on ym own but any help i could get would be great!

thanks again for the great software!
Dimaxa

Re: Iv tried EVERYTHING

Post by Dimaxa »

tazer wrote:ok here is the problem when i try to play a live stream it loads but it plays only audio and it shows like the Equlizer waves along the top and bottom of the screen here are my settings
I have THE SAME PROBLEM with streaming TV to PSP
Could anyone write what EXACTLY he is doing in VLC and show his pmp.ini

Thanks
Dimaxa

Post by Dimaxa »

The sound is OK (just too silent) but now it writes me
"No video detected, width = 720, height = 576
Press square button to stop"

My VLC settings

&#58;sout=#transcode&#123;vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=96,channels=2&#125;&#58;duplicate&#123;dst=display,dst=std&#123;access=http,mux=ogg,dst=192.168.0.100&#58;1234&#125;&#125;
My pmp.ini

# Net Io Config
&#91;net&#93;
con	    	= 1;   
vlc_server 	= 192.168.0.100;
vlc_port	= 8080;

pmp_server 	= 192.168.0.100;
pmp_port	= 3333;

debug	  	= 0;

videopath1	= d&#58;\Movies\;
videopath2	= m&#58;\Movies\;
videopath3	= ;
videopath4	= ;
videopath5	= ;

musicpath1	= D&#58;\Music\;
musicpath2	= ;
musicpath3	= ;
musicpath4	= ;
musicpath5	= ;

dvd_drive	= g&#58;

# VLC transcoding settings
&#91;transcode&#93;
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz	= 360;
res_vert	= 272;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw	= 0;

vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
#vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
#vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

vid_bitrate = 600;
vid_fps = 25;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!
venc = x264&#123;me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1&#125;;

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate		= 96;
aud_channels	= 2;

# resampling is not required on VLC server, it's just for experimenting
resample		= 0;
aud_samplerate	= 44100;

container = ogg;
#container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
&#91;live&#93;
liveserver	= 192.168.0.100;
liveport	= 1234;

Please someone tell me whats wrong is there!!!
pharoseer

Post by pharoseer »

@Dimaxa -

I found a work-around for your problem (works for me anyway). Adjust your VLC settings to have scale=0.5 instead of scale=1.

I was instantly able to get video. It plays for about 5 minutes then hangs though. I need to do some more tweaking. It could be my crappy PC bogging things down.
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

-edit-
ok, i got vlc homebrew running off slim

but i have no clue as to how to configure vlc player's stream settings
i think i included all the info in the pic

&#58;sout=#transcode&#123;vcodec=h264,vb=512,scale=1,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2&#125;&#58;duplicate&#123;dst=std&#123;access=http,mux=ogg,dst=192.168.2.111&#58;1234&#125;&#125;
but i REALLY dont get what the difference between the vlc included in the rar here, and the official vlc player, all the settings and whatnot are the same

btw, trying to stream off a :mms//

update:
i got it working, like the above people mentioned, i get audio with sound-visualizer thing going, but no video