toolchain error: operation not permitted

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

cadaver

toolchain error: operation not permitted

Post by cadaver »

After a new windows xp installation, I'm trying to install cygwin and the psp-toolchain again.

I have done the steps as described in

http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq.

The cygwin installation was ok, but after starting the psptoolchain, I get an "operation not permitted" error (the skript tries to download the file binutils-2.16.1.tar.gz). After 20 tries (with operation not permitted error), the skript ends.
cadaver

Post by cadaver »

the full error message is "Connecting to ftp.gnu.org|199.232.41.7|:21... failed: Operation not permitted."

I tried with disabled firewall and virusscanner, but same error.
rinco

Post by rinco »

download the file and put it in the same directory as toolchain.sh... then do the same for the other files it tries to download.
cadaver

Post by cadaver »

I've tried to download the files manually and put them in the psptoolchain dir but later in the skript, I get some more "operation not permitted" errors (this time not related to downloading), and the skript stops.
cadaver

Post by cadaver »

strange: I have installed cygwin now only with the packages listed in http://pspupdates.qj.net/lesson01.htm (so not the whole ‘Devel’ category) and get no more "operation not permitted" errors in the toolchain. When I reactivate my first cygwin installation (with full 'Devel'), I get the errors again. So it must have something to do with the cygwin installation (some devel package ?). It works for now with the 'small' installation, but maybe someone has an idea, where the error comes from ?