PSPLINK

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

J.F.

Post by J.F. »

TyRaNiD wrote:Yah only usbhostfs_pc has to be run as root and for most modern distros you dont even have to do that with an appropriate rules file (think there is on in the psplinkusb archive). And it looks like fedora 6 is just crap and tarred all Sony PSP devices with the same brush. I would just use a better distro ;)
Fedora is better for developing on. I've tried Ubuntu and it's just not as good given all the programming I do.

What does Ubuntu use for the hald policy for Sony? If it's better than what I came up with, I'll put it into my file. :)

Also, psplinkusb doesn't seem to be in the main repo... how do I check it out?
Istari

Post by Istari »

Code: Select all

svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/branches/psplinkusb
This is from my /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi

<!-- Sony PSP &#40;PlayStation Portable&#41; -->
      <match key="storage.vendor" string="Sony">
        <match key="storage.model" string="PSP">
          <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">portable_audio_player</append>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.access_method" type="string">storage</merge>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.type" type="string">psp</merge>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.storage_device" type="copy_property">info.udi</merge>
          <append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats" type="strlist">audio/mpeg</append>
          <append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats" type="strlist">audio/vnd.sony.atrac3</append>
          <merge key="storage.drive_type" type="string">memory_stick</merge>
        </match>
      </match>
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Istari wrote:

svn co svn&#58;//svn.pspdev.org/psp/branches/psplinkusb
This is from my /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi

<!-- Sony PSP &#40;PlayStation Portable&#41; -->
      <match key="storage.vendor" string="Sony">
        <match key="storage.model" string="PSP">
          <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">portable_audio_player</append>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.access_method" type="string">storage</merge>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.type" type="string">psp</merge>
          <merge key="portable_audio_player.storage_device" type="copy_property">info.udi</merge>
          <append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats" type="strlist">audio/mpeg</append>
          <append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats" type="strlist">audio/vnd.sony.atrac3</append>
          <merge key="storage.drive_type" type="string">memory_stick</merge>
        </match>
      </match>
Thanks.

The above is the default profile which doesn't work with usbhostfs_pc. It tries to mount the PSP as a storage device, which fails, and then the system removes the device from the device list, making it inaccesible later in usbhostfs_pc.

Maybe the version in psplinkusb not only runs in user mode, but bypasses any system list, allowing it to find the PSP anyway. I'll have to try it.
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Hal doesn't mount anything. Something like gnome-volume-manager might, using the hints provided by hal; use gnome-volume-properties to change that behavior. Either way, there's no reason the device would get removed even if a usb-storage mount failed, so if it's not showing up then there's definitely something wrong happening (or, more likely, you're just having a permissions issue; run lsusb as root to verify). Also things like having to telnet as root simply aren't true; TCP/IP sockets just don't work that way. It sounds like there's definitely some weird configuration issue on your system.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I was talking about running lsusb as root. It's been like I described since I can remember on every distro and every machine I've checked. What I describe is common, not the exception. Just because you've seen different behavior on one version of one distro on one machine doesn't mean there's something wrong with my system. You're just lucky.
pspwill

Post by pspwill »

After watching the Breakpoint 07 videos i wanted to try out the Remotejoy application but i cant get the PC side to compile. It complains about some undefined references. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks, Will
kasikeeper

Post by kasikeeper »

I want to use PSPLINK with my wifi connection which is, however, encrypted by TKIP. Does anyone know if this is possible.

I read that there is a PSPLINK version 3.0 out there which supports CFW3XX. However the given ini file does not seem to support wifi anymore.

Who knows?
temas

Post by temas »

I have problem with PSPlink 2.0 on 3.52M33-4. I'm trying to start self built AFKIM3.3. Its eboot.pbp works directly without problems but exits when it is started via PSPlink without any errors in logs.

pspsh log:

host0&#58;/AFKIM3.3/> ./eboot.pbp
./eboot.pbp

Load/Start host0&#58;/AFKIM3.3/eboot.pbp UID&#58; 0x04DDE679 Name&#58; "afkim"

host0&#58;/AFKIM3.3/> Resetting psplink
usbhost_fs log:

Connected to device
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/eboot.pbp
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/eboot.pbp
Opening directory /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/pspirkeyb.ini
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/keymap/targus.ini
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/keymap/targus-include.ini
Opening file /home/azhdanov/projects/AFKIM3.3/keymap/targus.ini
What is the reason of termination?
Thanks.
kasikeeper

Post by kasikeeper »

I am trying to link to PSPLINK via SIO cable but I have no success. I use PSPLINK 3.0 (OE) with the following ini and then connect with a terminal programm (docklight) at 4800 baud 8n1 but whatever i type in, nothing happens. Do I need a special program to access PSPLINK?

# Example psplink configuration file.

# usbmass=&#91;0 1&#93; Enable USB mass storage. Set to 1 to enable automatically
usbmass=0

# usbhost=&#91;0 1&#93; Enable USB host file system. Set to 1 to enable automatically
usbhost=0

# pid=num Set the product ID for hostfs allows you to use multiple PSPs at one time
# Must specify the PID using the -p option of usbhostfs_pc
# pid=0x1C9

# pluser=&#91;0 1&#93; Enable the PSPLink user module
pluser=0

# resetonexit=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify wheher to reset psplink when sceKernelExitGame
# is called
resetonexit=1

# sioshell=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify whether to start up the sio shell
sioshell=1

# kprintf=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify that SIO should be used for kprintf only, setting sioshell
# to 1 overrides this setting.
kprintf=1

# wifi=&#91;0..N&#93; Specify wifi should be enabled, the number is the 
# configuration to use if > 0
wifi=0

# wifishell=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify whether to start up the wifi shell
wifishell=0

# usbshell=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify whether to start up the usb shell
usbshell=0

# usbgdb=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify whether to use USB gdb or wifi gdb
usbgdb=0

# startsh=path Specify a script to run at startup
# startsh=ms0&#58;/scripts/start.sh

# conshell=&#91;0 1&#93; Specify whether to start up the console shell
conshell=0

# consinterfere&#91;0 1&#93; Specifiy whether the consoleshell may interfere with
# programs in execution
consinterfere=0

# the commands that is run when buttons are pressed in the console shell
conscrosscmd=ld ms0&#58;/sprite.elf
conssquarecmd=thlist
constrianglecmd=modlist
conscirclecmd=
consselectcmd=meminfo
consstartcmd=ls
consdowncmd=scrshot ms0&#58;/scshot.bmp
consleftcmd=usbmoff
consrightcmd=usbmon
consupcmd=cop0

# prompt=... Set the psplink shell prompt
# There are some escape characters, mainly %d to print the current dir
prompt="%d> "

# path=... Set the psplink shell path
# Each path is separated by a semi-colon, you can specify up to around 128 characters
# path=ms0&#58;/apps;ms0&#58;/

# pcterm=&#91;0 1&#93; Indicates whether we are using pcterm as a client or normal
# tools
pcterm=0

# baud=&#91;4800..115200&#93; Set the SIO baud rate &#40;should only use as a last resort&#41;
# baud=115200

# modload=path Load a module on start up, repeat as necessary for more modules

# Example&#58; load the modules for networking
# modload=flash0&#58;/kd/ifhandle.prx
# modload=flash0&#58;/kd/pspnet.prx
# modload=flash0&#58;/kd/pspnet_inet.prx
# modload=flash0&#58;/kd/pspnet_apctl.prx
# modload=flash0&#58;/kd/pspnet_resolver.prx
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Well assuming you are using "classic" psplink and not psplinkusb the problem might be the default baud rate is 115200 so commenting out the baud line and not setting it to 4800 isn't going to help you :P
kasikeeper

Post by kasikeeper »

OK, I managed to connect to PSPLINK 2.0 via SIO cable - finally. However, as I want to debug a CFW3.7 application which uses the USB chotto cam I will need to use PSPLINK 3.0 which runs under 3.7X CFW. I guess the CFW1.5 PSPLINK 2.0 version would not allow me to run this app properly.

So I tried the PSPLINK OE package which is distributed the the PSPDEV distrubution by Heimdall. When I try to connect (even with a modified ini file) nothing happens and I do not get a connect. I noticed that much less files are included in this distribution. I am not sure of the following, I hope you can help me:

1) Where can I find the official PSPLINK 3.0 (OE) download

2) Can 3.7X CFW applications only be run under the PSPLINK OE version?

3) How do I connect SIO to PSPLINK OE? It does not work the same way linke on PSPLINK 2.0
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

SIO support in the latest psplink doesn't exist anymore :) You are stuff tbh :P
kasikeeper

Post by kasikeeper »

Does that mean there is no way whatsoever to debug my chotto cam application? How unfortunate as I spend 2 weeks building my sio cable ...
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

You might be still able to setup a kprintf handler and use it to output text to your sio cable, or setup a proper file driver and output printf text through it. Alternatively you could try and port the old psplink to the latest firmware, it probably isn't that hard and would primarily just involve playing with the bootstrap.