Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

can someone tell me how to put games and stuff on the hardfile
J.F.

Re: Balderdoush

Post by J.F. »

CB0635 wrote:Nice emulator J.F. I like using it to play Bunny Killer and hopefully Balderdoush (A boulder dash remake). Can more knowledgeable then me have a look at it (link here: http://jeux5.free.fr/Telneuf/Balderdoush.hqx ) to see if they can get it to work? I can open the game fine and everything but when i get to the start level screen on which you have to press space to start, when i use the OSK to press space nothing happens. Ive also noticed that the OSK doesnt work for a couple of other games too. Does anyone know why that would be so?

Thanks CB0635
It'll probably be better to wait until I allow you to remap the buttons. Then you can set the buttons for just what you need for a game. I'll be making it where you can change the map settings on the fly. Using the OSK for a game for anything other than entering your name or something seems like an exercise in futility. :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Hey! One thing I just noted about the UDP tunneling - it's just for NETWORKING, not for internet access. So you can't use it with a browser, only for connecting to another computer/psp running B2.

I don't know if you can fake an ethernet connection in the psp, which is what is needed to got online with B2.

Sorry to disappoint anyone.
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

aww can you still try to fake the connection or make the os think theres a working connection
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
CB0635

Thanks

Post by CB0635 »

Thanks J.F. Keep up the Good Work :)
I'm on 3.90 m33-3 with a PSP Phat :)
BalderDoush Rules!!!!
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

so how do i run 68030
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dark_fang wrote:so how do i run 68030
It's in Memory / Misc. Duh. Haven't you bothered to look over the official B2 docs? Did you even bother to look at all the sub-menus in the GUI??? Please, people. This ISN'T the finished product! If you're going to beta test, don't ask stupid questions. There's a reason I'm doing tests here instead of MaxConsole. I'm not supposed to be telling you how to do everything - YOU'RE supposed to be telling ME what you find wrong!
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

i know i looked but it says "I" dont have enough mem
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

when I boot it up
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

so can anyone put a .dsk file i can use for floppy @ sendspace
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

Dark_fang, please stop spamming the topic. Most of your posts are incomprehensible.
If you want to make a .DSK, get HFVexplorer.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You can make a blank floppy with the line

Code: Select all

dd if=/dev/zero of=./blank.dsk bs=512 count=2880
madrunner15

Post by madrunner15 »

my HFV editer wont let me add .bin files, well no files, only lets me add folders. any sudgestions?
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

So what's new for next test? Add sit and bin file support? That will be awesome.
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

You can open .sit files by installing StuffIt Expander, which is on the CD he uploaded or here: http://www.5star-shareware.com/Mac/Util ... d-mac.html
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

Yes I know, but how do we use it with BasiliskPSP? It just show me files that has no extension.
hounddog

Post by hounddog »

excuse me but how do we add files on the hardfile because the HFV editer wont let me
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

hounddog wrote:excuse me but how do we add files on the hardfile because the HFV editer wont let me
you have to move the files or copy/paste them from within hfvexplorer
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

dennis96411 wrote:Yes I know, but how do we use it with BasiliskPSP? It just show me files that has no extension.
Just drag the file and drop it in the stuffit expender icon.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:Yes I know, but how do we use it with BasiliskPSP? It just show me files that has no extension.
It's an executable installer. Just double-click it.

Time for another update! Test 10 adds input mapping. There's nothing in the GUI for it at this time - you have to make them with a text editor and then copy them to the imaps directory in the B2 directory. Like the other directories, it'll create it if it doesn't exist when you run B2. Input maps are selected and loaded just like floppies and cdroms - press SELECT in the emulation and press right/left to switch between imaps, floppies, and cdroms. Press up/down to select the specific file. With imaps, pressing CROSS parses the button map file. I include a file that is the same as the defaults used when the program starts - that allows you to go back to them after using another imap.

The format is deceptively simple - it's just one or more lines of four numbers. The first two are in hexadecimal and represent the buttons that should be pressed, and shouldn't be pressed, respectively. This is the same value as the defines from pspctrl.h:

UP       = 0x0010
RIGHT    = 0x0020
DOWN     = 0x0040
LEFT     = 0x0080
LTRIGGER = 0x0100
RTRIGGER = 0x0200
TRIANGLE = 0x1000
CIRCLE   = 0x2000
CROSS    = 0x4000
SQUARE   = 0x8000
You can combine those to look for more than one button. For example, 0x6000 is both CROSS and CIRCLE at the same time. The reason for having a value for buttons that SHOULDN'T be pressed is to allow for one or more buttons to be used as a qualifer. For example,

0xC000, 0x0000
0x4000, 0x8000

The first says to look for BOTH SQUARE and CROSS, while the second says to look for CROSS and NOT SQUARE. That makes SQUARE a qualifier that changes the meaning of CROSS depending on if it's pressed or not. This allows for more combinations of buttons than is useful, but I didn't want to limit people too much. :)

The next two numbers on each line are in decimal and represent the key(s)/mouse button(s) to press. For Mac keycodes, look at the keycodes file in the unix directory of the source. The second column of numbers is the decimal value of the Mac key shown after the # symbol. There are also pictures floating around the net that show the value of the keys over top an image of the keyboard. Use 255 to represent nothing. 256 represents mouse button 1 and 257 mouse button 2. You get two codes, so you can do one or two keys, a key and a mouse button, or any such combination.

So a line in the file of

0x4000 0x0000 256 255
makes the X the mouse button. Remember to make that second code 255 when not being used! 0 is a valid keycode for the Mac, so 0 doesn't cut it. I use 255 for just that reason.

You are currently limited to a maximum of 64 input mappings. I can change that if people want more, but it should be enough for nearly everyone. :)

The default mapping is currently:
d-pad = cursor keys
ltrigger = mouse button 1
rtrigger = mouse button 2 (although I'll probably change this to CTRL+MB1 for contextual menus)
cross = enter
square = tab
circle = CMD+W (close window)
triangle = CMD+Q (quit)

I fixed a bug in the OSK where the Command key got stuck once you used it. It's why people reported that sometimes the OSK quit working - it was still working, but the CMD qualifier was stuck.

I also added the ability to create blank floppies in the Create Hardfile sub-menu of the Volumes sub-menu. It makes a blank 1.44 MB file that you can then insert and format in the emulation from the Mac desktop.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

I still don't know how to get it to work. I put ****** and .****** in the same folder, but it gives me "The document "********" could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found."
And also, if you move your cursor when it's starting up, it gets stuck.
olesolo

Post by olesolo »

wow J.F.
nice work.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

Hey guys I've got iCab working, now I just have to see if it connects. I've enabled wlan in main menu so it might work. Wish me luck!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:I still don't know how to get it to work. I put ****** and .****** in the same folder, but it gives me "The document "********" could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found."
And also, if you move your cursor when it's starting up, it gets stuck.
What in the flippin' HELL is ****** and .******?!?

I don't think you have a clue about Mac emulators. Go learn how to use them, then come back and beta test (if it's still in beta by that time). You're just wasting bandwidth here.

Okay! Enough with the noobs. Here's test 11! I made a minor change to the interpretation of the NOT SET field of the button map. It used to be any of the bits in the NOT SET field made it not match. Now it's those set bits exactly. Makes the logic cleaner. You match the set bits against pad.Buttons, and the not set bits against ~pad.Buttons in the same manner. Think of it this way: you have a total of 10 bits to match against; the first field says to match if all the bits you specify are 1s; the seconds field says to match the bits you specify if they are 0s; any other bits are don't-cares.

Big change for this update is memstick access!! Now I don't have to put up with noobs whining about not being able to use HFVExplorer. The emulator will now mount the files directory in the B2 directory when enabled. If the files directory doesn't exist, it'll create it when you run B2. This is the "old standard" for putting Mac files on a non-HFS partition, using helper directories to store the finder info and resource fork. As far as noobs go, just put .sit/.bin/.hqx files in the directory, then drag them onto the hardfile once the emu is running. I don't recommend installing software ONTO the stick. Although the helper directories should make it work, it's not meant for that purpose. It's really just an easier way to move files back and forth.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:Hey guys I've got iCab working, now I just have to see if it connects. I've enabled wlan in main menu so it might work. Wish me luck!
You haven't been paying attention. The udp tunneling in place is for Appletalk, not net access. You cannot (yet) access the net with ANYTHING inside the emu.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

J.F. wrote:
dennis96411 wrote:Hey guys I've got iCab working, now I just have to see if it connects. I've enabled wlan in main menu so it might work. Wish me luck!
You haven't been paying attention. The udp tunneling in place is for Appletalk, not net access. You cannot (yet) access the net with ANYTHING inside the emu.
Oh, okay, but please add net support soon, it'll be awesome.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

Nice one JF loving the mms access
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

now I won't need HFVExplorer anymore , thanks J.F for this awsome update.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Um... test 12? Had a stupid goof in the new button code that (among other things) prevented you from naming a hardfile at format time. Also, once you enabled the memstick, it was on for life. Both are cleared up in test 12.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

Wow, ms0 access through the emulator! That's amazing. Thanks again. OS 7.6.1 time :P
edit: BTW, would I be correct in assuming that the FPU problems are in Basilisk and not just this port, and that 68040 uses FPU emulation just as 68030 w/FPU, so the best solution is just 68030?