Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

RyanfromtheShire

Post by RyanfromtheShire »

Joystick is the mouse, R/L button is the mouse button.
madrunner15

Post by madrunner15 »

lol, i fail. thanks, ps is someone compiling a readme?
RyanfromtheShire

I'd hope so. This emu is getting a lot more attention now with it's better capabilities, I'd love to see the scene get more involved.
RyanfromtheShire

Everytime I load the oregon trail .bin file, it says "This file can't be loaded on this macintosh".

Any ideas why?

I even tried renaming them to .dsk files, and still same message.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

jas0nuk wrote:Hm.. is it just me or is it impossible to toggle between TV output and LCD output on test8? :/
The only time you can't toggle that setting is if the dvemgr.prx couldn't be loaded, or there is no cable plugged in. Double-check both.

@Wally - I do check the wlan switch. It waits for 10 secs for you to turn it on before continuing. Now here's where you are in trouble - the older code out had a problem with when you couldn't connect - I tried to add code to check if you want to retry connecting, and THAT code was what was screwed up. The next test build will have that fixed, so you'll get a 10 sec wait on the wlan switch, then another 10 sec connect retry wait, then it continues without networking. Which, by the way, isn't working. Something is not doing packets somewhere. The PSP is connected and the Mac side is TRYING to get access, but somewhere between the two, B2 isn't doing something. I'm going to look at that before releasing the next test.

@Ryan - .bin files are in BinHex format. It's a method used to save Mac files to other platforms that combines both file forks into one "normal" file with a header. It needs to be decoded first. You can usually do that by dropping it on StuffIt Expander, which can decode BinHex files.
madrunner15

Post by madrunner15 »

i have a couple questions
1) what is the point of making a 100mb hardfile?
2) is there a way to make the text display bigger or the boxs bigger?
3) is there a way to make the mouse move faster? im using HDD but its still alittle slow.
4) what versions of Icab work with 7.5 and how can i configure it?
thanks for answers! and keep up the good work?
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

madrunner15 wrote:i have a couple questions
3) is there a way to make the mouse move faster? im using HDD but its still alittle slow.
1, you can ether install mac os there or games witch ever you want
2.yes go to control panel then monitors there you can change colors and resolution, to change resolution go to options set set it to the lowest number
3.mouse right now its slow wait for JF to fix that
4.there practically no point in getting a web browser as networking is kinf of broken see one of JF last post, wait till the next test build
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

madrunner15 wrote:i have a couple questions
1 - You can put a bunch of old Mac games (or whatever) on it without having to worry about using all the space in the memstick. Mac 68K software wasn't that big, not like these days. An entire basic install of OS8.1 only uses 120 MB.

2 - Use the 512x384 resolution. 640x480 will be scaled smaller, making it harder to read. If you have a Slim, use the TV out. I use TV almost exclusively now because it's MUCH easier on the eyes. :)

3 - If you already set the mouse speed to the highest setting in the mouse control panel, then no, there isn't (yet). If not, do so and see if the speed is more to your liking.

4 - Networking isn't working yet. I'm working on the networking to get it working, but it's a lot of work. ;)
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

So when is new test coming? :P
madrunner15

Post by madrunner15 »

thank you to both of you, btw how do i install my mac games, i dled some but do not know where to put them also what files are needed to install an os, i have something callled Sys_7.5.5_Update-NetInstall.sea, where do i put that to install the update thanks, im trying my best to learn!
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

The 7.5.5 update is for installation on top of system 7.5.3 which you can get from here:
http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Su ... ion_7.5.3/

Copy it all over to your HFV using something like HFV explorer and run 7.5.3 then 7.5.5
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:So when is new test coming? :P
Right now. :P :D

Here's test 9. I still haven't got networking going, but I didn't want to put off the next test long enough to debug it more. Improvements: date/time now set correctly. Minor speedup in millions of colors. Timing is more like regular B2. And because YOU DEMANDED IT - Speedy Gonzales!! Yes sir, the fastest mouse in Meh-he-ko is now here! :)

I also improved the retry code on the access point connection code.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

OMG... the mouse... finally :D

edit: lmao, I had to set the mouse to the 3rd level to regain decent control of it :p
Last edited by jas0nuk on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

nice I love updates!!!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

jas0nuk wrote:OMG... the mouse... finally :D

edit: lmao, I had to set the mouse to the 3rd level to regain decent control of it :p
Glad you like it. :)

If you look at the translation array I use, you'll notice a few things:

Code: Select all

static int stick[16] = { -8, -8, -6, -4, -2, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 };
First, the dead zone is still 32 (each entry is 16 ticks of the stick, centered around 0, from -8 to +7). The flat, slow-zone (movement is +/-1) is still 32 as well. After that, I increase the movement deltas linearly to a max of 8. There are two -8's because two's complement goes one further on the negative. By setting it to be the same as the previous entry, you get the same speed for up/left as for down/right. So the mouse moves slow around the center, then gets faster as you get further from center, and goes the same speed in all four primary directions.

By the way, the old max movement was -4/+3.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

very nice update loving the mouse speed
madrunner15

Post by madrunner15 »

okay can some one walk me through HFV explorer i opened my HDD.HFV in HFV explorer, and put a folder called System update 753 in the programs, but i cant copy my .bins over to the folder, any help, much appreciated. also with games same question i got Mac pong and cannot copy over the file to mac HDD\Programs\Mac pong. My mac pong game has no file extension
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

can any1 upload @ sendspace macintosh 8.0 8.1 dsk file please p.s heres a link to the 1.50 basilisk + hfv viewer+all files in my next post lol
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

http://dl.qj.net/Basilisk-II-Updated-PS ... /catid/151 ok so thats the link just grab the files u need p.s theres no hfv its sys.dsk and 7.5.5.dsk and mac.rom
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

btw how do i make a blank floppy to put into basilisk e.g. .dsk
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dark_fang wrote:btw how do i make a blank floppy to put into basilisk e.g. .dsk
Just make any old file that's exactly 1,474,560 bytes long. When you insert it into B2, the OS will ask to format it. An easy way to make a "blank" disk is just take any old PC 1.4M disk image and use it. Insert it in B2 and then format it in the emu.
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F.

Could you please try MozPong, theres a really weird bug there.. It causes the ball to move to the top of the screen when launched and slowly fall to the bottom, also sometimes after it drops it dies..

Please fix!

Wally

P.S heres a short video www.68kshrine.net/temp/mozpong.mov
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

can any1 upload me a floppy @ sendspace or macintosh 8.0 or 8.1
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

Dark_fang wrote:can any1 upload me a floppy @ sendspace or macintosh 8.0 or 8.1
no one can give you that, sharing or distributing above 7.6 and 8.0 is illegal there not available for the public yet
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

umm ok how bout the floppy file it can be txt can any1 upload it sendspace thx
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Wally4000 wrote:J.F.

Could you please try MozPong, theres a really weird bug there.. It causes the ball to move to the top of the screen when launched and slowly fall to the bottom, also sometimes after it drops it dies..

Please fix!

Wally

Try it with the CPU set for no FPU.
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:

Please fix!

Wally

Thats the problem, I have it set as a 68040...

Wally
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

any one know how to run this game http://mac.the-underdogs.info/index.php ... me&id=1373 it freezes aftr a few sec of play and how do i run 68030 something about not enough mem thanks for helping
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
CB0635

Balderdoush

Post by CB0635 »

Nice emulator J.F. I like using it to play Bunny Killer and hopefully Balderdoush (A boulder dash remake). Can more knowledgeable then me have a look at it (link here: http://jeux5.free.fr/Telneuf/Balderdoush.hqx ) to see if they can get it to work? I can open the game fine and everything but when i get to the start level screen on which you have to press space to start, when i use the OSK to press space nothing happens. Ive also noticed that the OSK doesnt work for a couple of other games too. Does anyone know why that would be so?

Thanks CB0635
I'm on 3.90 m33-3 with a PSP Phat :)
BalderDoush Rules!!!!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Wally4000 wrote:
J.F. wrote:

Please fix!

Wally

Thats the problem, I have it set as a 68040...

Wally
My point is, switch the CPU in the GUI to 68030 (with no FPU) and try it. I've found that many problems are due to the FPU emulation.