Sony PSP Application appwizard (visual studio 6.0) (update)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

johnmph

Sony PSP Application appwizard (visual studio 6.0) (update)

Post by johnmph »

Hello, i have modified my appwizard so he use only pspsdk now.

No more file needed.

Sony PSP Application appwizard by mph (Visual studio 6.0)

Requires :
----------

- TommyKat's PSPSDK 1.0+Beta Win32 installer (http://psp.jim.sh/setup.exe)
- Last version of PSPSDK (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=344077)
- Sony PSP Application appwizard (http://www.chez.com/mph)
- Elf2pbpm.exe (http://www.chez.com/mph)
- Sample (http://www.chez.com/mph) for testing your installation
- Visual c++ 6.0

Installation :
--------------

- Install PSPSDK in c:\pspsdk folder
- Unzip last version of pspsdk in c:\pspsdk folder (overwrite existing files)
- Copy elf2pbpm.exe in c:\pspsdk\bin folder
- Run c:\pspsdk\start.bat
- Unzip Template.zip and copy Sony PSP Application.awx and Sony PSP Application.hlp in (Microsoft Visual Studio directory)\Common\MSDev98\Template directory

Use :
-----

- Launch Visual C++
- File -> new -> Sony PSP Application
- Follow the steps and appwizard will make your project
- Edit the code
- Build project with F7

- You can use sample for testing your configuration

Notes :
-------

The appwizard source can be found at : http://www.chez.com/mph

It works only with visual studio 6.0, a visual studio .net version will release soon.
Last edited by johnmph on Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirwhizz

Post by Sirwhizz »

Now will it work if you have the SVN PSPSDK. Because the beta version is to old with all the new updates and my programs require a lot from the SVN PSPSDK. I think I will stick with using command prompts and cygwin. I think it is a great job and keep up the good work for all us Window Users. I will keep a eye on this and hoping for a newer release thats hopefully compatible with the SVN PSPSDK. If it is compatible great makes life a lot easier. Great Job
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Sirwhizz wrote:Now will it work if you have the SVN PSPSDK. Because the beta version is to old with all the new updates and my programs require a lot from the SVN PSPSDK. I think I will stick with using command prompts and cygwin. I think it is a great job and keep up the good work for all us Window Users. I will keep a eye on this and hoping for a newer release thats hopefully compatible with the SVN PSPSDK. If it is compatible great makes life a lot easier. Great Job
Thanks.

I have updated my appwizard and i use the last version of PSPSDK (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=344077) and my appwizard is compatible.

Only some functions are not in the functions list (Step 2) but you can add manually.
Sirwhizz

Post by Sirwhizz »

Well I tested it out. Thanks. If I find any bugs I will be sure to tell you.
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Sirwhizz wrote:Well I tested it out. Thanks. If I find any bugs I will be sure to tell you.
New update -> I have added last PSPSDK functions and remove a bug with libraries.

I have also added PSPSDK version option and corrected main attributes.
boomint

Post by boomint »

[Previous comment deleted]

Ignore me!! ;)
--( someone stole my sig! )--
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

just wondering if your ever going to create a 7.1 version?

edit:

Also about vc6 i cant seem to compile the code. the code is default.

--------------------Configuration: psp1 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compilation du fichier startup.s
The system cannot find the path specified.
Compilation des fichiers c
Linkage
Effacer les fichiers inutiles
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\psp1\*.o
Trouver le bon repertoire
Création du PBP
Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

EBOOT.PBP - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

but for some reason when i set the directory to the psp drive it seems to actually build a pbp file, but its a 982kb file that doesnt do anything.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Thanhda wrote:just wondering if your ever going to create a 7.1 version?

edit:

Linkage
Création du PBP

but for some reason when i set the directory to the psp drive it seems to actually build a pbp file, but its a 982kb file that doesnt do anything.
You use an old version, please download the latest version and configure PSPSDK path to your pspsdk directory.
sk8er_4_life_ez

Post by sk8er_4_life_ez »

im having the same trouble it say it dont find cygwin1.dll i get this window and i dunno i was hopeing someone could help me on it i have everything installed just when i want to complie it say that
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

sk8er_4_life_ez wrote:im having the same trouble it say it dont find cygwin1.dll i get this window and i dunno i was hopeing someone could help me on it i have everything installed just when i want to complie it say that
do you have cygwin? if so its accessable in C:\cygwin\bin

but if you dont want to install it, you can go to http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=cygwin
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

sk8er_4_life_ez wrote:im having the same trouble it say it dont find cygwin1.dll i get this window and i dunno i was hopeing someone could help me on it i have everything installed just when i want to complie it say that
Install the PSPSDK/Compiler for win32 http://psp.jim.sh/setup.exe

and then install last version of PSPSDK http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=344077
sk8er_4_life_ez

where am i supposed to put it at tho? i downlaoded it but i have no place tp put it
sk8er_4_life_ez

i keep having errors for some weird reason i installed hte latest stuff now i get a diffrent error i get cc1.exe - ub able to loacate component
it say this aplication has failed to start because libiconv-2.dll was not found
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

sk8er_4_life_ez wrote:i keep having errors for some weird reason i installed hte latest stuff now i get a diffrent error i get cc1.exe - ub able to loacate component
it say this aplication has failed to start because libiconv-2.dll was not found
Yes but you don't have downloaded the latest version of appwizard, in the last version, the appwizard copy libiconv-2.dll.

Please verify also PSPSDK folder (step 1 configuration) because the appwizard use it to find libiconv-2.dll.
Last edited by johnmph on Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

oups
sk8er_4_life_ez

yeah i checke dand yeah the file is there if you guys have a chance to help me over aim my aim screen name is skaterforlifeez i would greatly appreciate it thanks alot!! in advance and for soo far!!!
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

sk8er_4_life_ez wrote:yeah i checke dand yeah the file is there if you guys have a chance to help me over aim my aim screen name is skaterforlifeez i would greatly appreciate it thanks alot!! in advance and for soo far!!!
Sorry, it's a bug, i used cp instead copy in batch file to copy file (crt0.o and libiconv-2.dll)

that functioned for me because i have cygwin but fails if it is not installed.

The bug is corrected and you can download latest version of appwizard (http://www.chez.com/mph/).
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

johnmph wrote:
Thanhda wrote:just wondering if your ever going to create a 7.1 version?

edit:

Linkage
Création du PBP

You use an old version, please download the latest version and configure PSPSDK path to your pspsdk directory.
and where is the new win32 sdk? do you mean just update it with the svn?
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

okay i manage to download and compile the psp sample from http://www.chez.com/mph/ but my antivirus seems to tell me that the eboot.pbp file is appearently a virus.
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Thanhda wrote:okay i manage to download and compile the psp sample from http://www.chez.com/mph/ but my antivirus seems to tell me that the eboot.pbp file is appearently a virus.
For the last version :

appwizard :

http://www.chez.com/mph/

PSPSDK :

Install the PSPSDK/Compiler for win32 : http://psp.jim.sh/setup.exe

and then install last version of PSPSDK http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=344077

For the antivirus, the eboot.pbp is executed on the PSP and not on the PC, this is not a virus.

It's just a source file compiled with psp-gcc and renamed to eboot.pbp (1.5 version) or put in a pbp (1.0 version).
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

i'm not quite saying this is a virus. its just stating that the file is an unknow virus. i cant seem to open it with pbp unpacker, and kxploit refuses to copy it over the the psp. for 1.5. the file that is generated to the Sample folder, is this just the data.psp file renamed to eboot.pbp? or is it just a corrupt data. do you have available a sample program that compile the code into a 1.0 version?

edit:
also i updated it, still get the same error. dont know why. i can compile the code using your sample project, but again cant seem to run the program.
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Thanhda wrote:i'm not quite saying this is a virus. its just stating that the file is an unknow virus. i cant seem to open it with pbp unpacker, and kxploit refuses to copy it over the the psp. for 1.5. the file that is generated to the Sample folder, is this just the data.psp file renamed to eboot.pbp? or is it just a corrupt data. do you have available a sample program that compile the code into a 1.0 version?

edit:
also i updated it, still get the same error. dont know why. i can compile the code using your sample project, but again cant seem to run the program.
The file created is data.psp renamed to eboot.pbp if you choose 1.50 bios version (Step 1 configuration) and it's a complet eboot.pbp file if you choose 1.00 bios version.

if you have the 1.50 firmware just copy the 2 directory that appwizard made in PSP/GAME/ folder of memory stick.

If you want a 1.00 sample, create a new sony psp application in visual c++, choose 1.00 bios version and create the project, don't touch the code and compile it.

The sample will function but there will be only one black screen.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

okay i think i got it to work. is the just supose to be a black screen, then wait for few sec then comes back to the menu screen. when i compiled the code it created a 1.5 app. but only the data.psp. not the rest of it. How do you change the project to a 1.0 within the already set up project, rather then starting a new project.

Edit:
Never Mind, fix problem. stupid mistake. forgot to copy elftopbp file to bin dir.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

How do you get it to compile C++ files.
johnmph

Post by johnmph »

Thanhda wrote:How do you get it to compile C++ files.
I don't know if psp-gcc may compile cpp file, for test, edit the batch file in your project (*.c -> *.cpp)
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

johnmph wrote:
Thanhda wrote:How do you get it to compile C++ files.
I don't know if psp-gcc may compile cpp file, for test, edit the batch file in your project (*.c -> *.cpp)
they use psp-g++, i just see a lot of -c just wondering if i have to change it to -cpp or something
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

hey i installed visual c++ 6.0 and the latest psp sdk from the link above(devkitPPC 4.0.1 -win32 )and extracted it ( it says gamecube_rules file in it)but where am i suppose to put all of the files at? i have the C/pspsdk folder and in it there is PSDK folder and the files and folders from tommykats sdk setup?also i noticed that the pspsdk in cygwin (that i can`t get to work) has alot more files and folders than this 1 . am i doing something wrong with the pspsdk setup? also i tried to make a 1.5 project and this is the message i get:
--------------------Configuration: PSP - Win32 Debug--------------------
Copie du crt0.o dans le dossier du projet
The system cannot find the file specified.
Copie de la dll libiconv-2.dll pour psp-gcc
'I:\pspsdk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Linkage
Could Not Find I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\PSP\libiconv-2.dll
Could Not Find I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\PSP\*.o
Création du PBP
Renommer en EBOOT.PBP
Error executing i:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

and it didn`t create a pbp.i skipped step 3 of the app wiz. and then i just hit f7 to build. i don`t really know how to edit the code , i`m trying to learn. can some1 tell me what i`m doing wrong?
thanx
sk8er_4_life_ez

hey man thanks for the updated template all i need to know now is how to program im a newb and im starting with the psp cause i love it soo much. i know its really hard and probably close to impossible but im trying and im not giving up due ot the fact tha tthe psp is my fav handheld
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

i changed the folder to just pspsdk and now i got the cygwin1.dll not found error. am i suppose to put the cygwin1.dll somewhere? and this is what visual c++ says:

--------------------Configuration: psp - Win32 Debug--------------------
1 file(s) copied.
Linkage
Could Not Find I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\psp\libiconv-2.dll
Création du PBP
Creation du PBP terminée -> filesize : 00015337
Renommer en EBOOT.PBP

i put the cygwin1.dll and cygiconv-2.dll that it couldn`t find into pspsdk/bin folder and i didn`t get those error`s but now i get this:

--------------------Configuration: psp - Win32 Debug--------------------
1 file(s) copied.
psp-gcc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'v'
psp-gcc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'p'
psp-gcc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'P'
psp-gcc: braced spec '|!pipe:%g.s} |
as %(asm_options) %{!pipe:%g.s} %A' is invalid at '|'
Linkage
crt0.o:/home/dev/pspsdk-1.0+beta/sdk/startup/crt0.S:110: undefined reference to `main'
crt0.o: In function `__entrytable':
crt0.S:(.rodata.sceResident+0xc): undefined reference to `module_info'
Could Not Find I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\psp\libiconv-2.dll
Création du PBP
A subdirectory or file .\PSP% already exists.
Creation du PBP terminée -> filesize : 00015337
Renommer en EBOOT.PBP
A subdirectory or file .\PSP already exists.

can some1 help? thanx
sk8er_4_life_ez

thank you for fixing the issue i was having umm.. im a newb to programing but i wanna learn is there anyone that is willing to teach me to code or knows at least some that then can teach me soo i can experiment on my own cause i modify source codes and i get errors and warning soo im assuming im doing something wrong but umm.. yeah i would appreceate it if someone helped me out thanks in advance again my aim sn is skaterforlifeez