Web Server

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

theno23

Web Server

Post by theno23 »

I've made a web server for the PSP, it lets you browse your memory stick and internal flash devices.

http://www.microsith.com/psp-http/

The networking code is from pspet's wifi sample code, and has the same problem; it will only work with static IP addresses.

The home button doesn't work (its running as a kernel thread), but requesting /quit (or following one of the links to it) will make it return to the menu screen.

- Steve
Nick Fury

Post by Nick Fury »

Pretty fucking cool.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Works like a charm. Very good.
Guyfawkes

Post by Guyfawkes »

works great, i posted a photo of it in action if anyone cant get it working or doesnt have a wifi card http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.p ... 829&tbid=6
Emuholic - PSP, DS, GBA and GP32 news
theno23

Post by theno23 »

Cheers, I forgot to take a photo before I left for work. Can I link to that page from the homepage?

- Steve
Guyfawkes

Post by Guyfawkes »

yeah you can use the photo no problem, you cant directly link to the image though as theres anti image leeching on my site.
nosrak113

help

Post by nosrak113 »

the program get stuck on looking for dhcp sever will fail plz help
i would love to use this
Agoln

Re: help

Post by Agoln »

nosrak113 wrote:the program get stuck on looking for dhcp sever will fail plz help
i would love to use this
Read the orginial post:
theno23 wrote: The networking code is from pspet's wifi sample code, and has the same problem; it will only work with static IP addresses.
DHCP = not work.
nosrak113

Post by nosrak113 »

how do i make it so it has a static ip address
theno23

Post by theno23 »

Is anyone looking into the DHCP thing? I dont have time at the moment, and static addresses are easier for testing.
Guyfawkes

Post by Guyfawkes »

on the PSP network settings you have to manually enter the IP address, its on the 3rd or 4th screen titled Address Settings, choose Custom then Manual on the following screen and then enter in the details there.
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Don't forget, that if you're behind a router, you need to have it set up to use static IP addresses... you can't just enter any random numbers there and have it work.

Edit:
About the DHCP thing... have you looked into looking into the source of dhclient on linux? I'm dont even have a clue on how a dhcp client talks to a server, but it's prolly somewhere in that source.
Last edited by Agoln on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theno23

Post by theno23 »

nosrak113 wrote:how do i make it so it has a static ip address
Its in the networking configuration, you have to use custom config. not easy.
Set IP address setting to manual, give it an IP address (like one you get from DHCP, but not one in use), subnet mask will be 255.255.255.0 probably, and set anything for the primary DNS (its not used).

To get an address you can tell it to use DHCP, then write down the number you get back on the testing screen.
theno23

Post by theno23 »

Agoln wrote: About the DHCP thing... have you looked into looking into the source of dhclient on linux? I'm dont even have a clue on how a dhcp client talks to a server, but it's prolly somewhere in that source.
The kernel does the DHCP negotiation for you, as far as I can tell. But it looks like its waiting for a callback or similar so the app can choose some options. Its not really clear though, and I've not put any effort into fixing it.
nosrak113

Post by nosrak113 »

thz i got it working
DivXboy

Post by DivXboy »

Working nice already. Keep up the good work! Thanks
technobro

Post by technobro »

Its awsome

work realy well

Now lets make a ftp , so we can transfert app via wifi :P

Congrat again !!!!
etx

Post by etx »

theno23 wrote:
Agoln wrote: About the DHCP thing... have you looked into looking into the source of dhclient on linux? I'm dont even have a clue on how a dhcp client talks to a server, but it's prolly somewhere in that source.
The kernel does the DHCP negotiation for you, as far as I can tell. But it looks like its waiting for a callback or similar so the app can choose some options. Its not really clear though, and I've not put any effort into fixing it.
Yeah, the psp already has support for it. We just need to figure out the callbacks and libs associated with it.
nosrak113

Post by nosrak113 »

could you add the home buton so you can quit? plz
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

nosrak113 wrote:could you add the home buton so you can quit? plz
Does this help?
theno23 wrote:The home button doesn't work (its running as a kernel thread), but requesting /quit (or following one of the links to it) will make it return to the menu screen.
Lego of my Ago!
nosrak113

Post by nosrak113 »

oh i got it you have to quit though the http site
rogerlike

Post by rogerlike »

hi, i have multiple accounts in network settings - which one will be chosen by httpd? which one do i need to change, or what do i need to name a new connection. no way i'm deleting them all, you know how much of a pain those 128bit wep passwords are to type in? hehe. tia.
almazlamaz

Post by almazlamaz »

nice progress :)
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

rogerlike wrote:no way i'm deleting them all, you know how much of a pain those 128bit wep passwords are to type in? hehe. tia.
No shit..... at one place it's 909090 etc etc.... you know how many times I have to press the key? It's about 19 presses for a 9, and 26 presses for a 0.

That adds up to 585 presses of the X button just to enter the wep!!!!
Lego of my Ago!
woehrl

Post by woehrl »

Agoln wrote:
rogerlike wrote:no way i'm deleting them all, you know how much of a pain those 128bit wep passwords are to type in? hehe. tia.
No shit..... at one place it's 909090 etc etc.... you know how many times I have to press the key? It's about 19 presses for a 9, and 26 presses for a 0.

That adds up to 585 presses of the X button just to enter the wep!!!!
if you press Select you can easily switch between numbers and characters!
BTW, great work! Keep it up!

@rogerlike: you have to change only one setting of it, i have 4 different and changed the second one now it all working perfect!
rogerlike

Post by rogerlike »

yah yah, works well, thanks for the info. i should have guessed and tried though init :) ftp would be killer...
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

re: DHCP
> ... We just need to figure out the callbacks and libs associated with it.
Exactly. Most of the structure is already there, just need to figure out what is missing (Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal appear to do the same init, but they have adhoc features too)

Its on my list.

---
> hi, i have multiple accounts in network settings - which one will be chosen by httpd?
The important number is the parameter to "sceNetApctlConnect". The sample uses "0" which I think means the last connection added (or officially used by the system). If you just added a new Infrastructure Network configuration with a static IP, it *should* use that one.

For more explicit control: change that to "1" it will pick the first connection in the list (or 2, 3, 4 etc). That's a temporary work around. The next update of the WiFi sample will include code to enumerate the possible configs and let you pick them based on name/SSID. Hopefully fix the DHCP and other problems too.
theno23

Post by theno23 »

Great, and thanks for your work on the sample code, it was essential.

- Steve
gordie

I'm not getting it

Post by gordie »

I can't get it to work. I just did a system update and I have a static IP set up.

However, 15 is reported as corrupted and 10 results in 'game cannot start'.
I put each folder in the games folder.

Am I doing it right? I looked all over for install docs, but came up empty.

the 15 folder had httpd and httpd% in it.

I'll try downloading it again.

Gordie
gordie

Post by gordie »

still same problem.
It might be that the double packaging might be messing up the builds. I.E., the tar.gz. I even tried unpackaging them in linux; no good.

IF i get rid of the HTTPD% folder in FW15, it still doesn't work.

Gordie