Metrowerks CodeWarrior for PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

masayuki

Metrowerks CodeWarrior for PSP

Post by masayuki »

In regards to my previous post,
I have had 20+ people who just sign up on the forums just to PM me and asking me for the FTP.

I would like to clarify that,

1) I just posted a link to another forum which was deleted.
2) I do not possess the ftp username nor password.
3)I do not have the program.
4)It has been deemed ILLEGAL.

So, in consideration of the above points,
Please do not ask me anymore.

MOD : Please lock this thread. Thanks!
AlexGreen

Post by AlexGreen »

5) Even if you get it, it will do squat as it needs PSP SDK.
What does this button do?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I have little sympathy for you getting spammed after you pulled a trick like that.

Post by Guest »

ooPo wrote:I have little sympathy for you getting spammed after you pulled a trick like that.
If tricks like that cause as much as 20 people to register solely to PM for such links, banning such accounts outright might be wiser courses of action.

However, I do give him credit to post and ask people to stop asking. He realized that he ran afoul of rules and is attempting to be a better citizen. Lets hope he continues down that course.
CGhost

Post by CGhost »

Honestly ooPo, I think you are full of crap. If it had been a post to a leaked SDK you would have downloaded it in a second. I think everyone on this forum would have. masayuki was simply relaying the information. What trick is that?
sq377

Post by sq377 »

wow noob... read the news on the page... the whole article about this sites birthday. This site AVOIDS all things that may make sony think twice about siding with us. We WANT their support.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

CGhost:

To be honest, I really don't care what you think of me.

Besides, my broadband connection may be fast... but downloading anything 'in a second' is a bit far fetched. I'd suspect it would take a few minutes, at least.
yourworstmemory

Post by yourworstmemory »

ooPo wrote:CGhost:

To be honest, I really don't care what you think of me.

Besides, my broadband connection may be fast... but downloading anything 'in a second' is a bit far fetched. I'd suspect it would take a few minutes, at least.
your broadband connection must not be that fast.
AlexGreen

Post by AlexGreen »

Talk about language barrier:)
You can call me "Captain Obvious", but I am going to say that he ment that you would start downloading in a second, not finish download in a second :P
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

yourworstmemory:

Thanks for coming out and adding to the conversation. Your contribution is well appreciated.
Last edited by ooPo on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexGreen

Post by AlexGreen »

My last post was stupid.
Here is my take.
Ok, so stealing is bad. But do we have to wait two years before Sony reluctantly starts selling PSP Linux SDK? If they started doing it now, I know I would buy it in a second. I would be all over a cheap SDK which came with license that would not allow licenseholder to sell their developed product.
I know this is a moral issue, but it is very hard to resist the urge to start developing for a new piece of hardware, especially something this popular. I could care less about the pirated stuff. I didn't even buy the console for games, it's the prospect of homebrew that got me sold on it.

Post by Guest »

CGhost,

1) Whether or not Oopo would personally download it in a second (Alex, I have no doubt he knew what CGhost meant the first time, you won't win against the troll-master) is really kind of irrelevant. As a lead moderator of these forums, he has a responsibility to enforce the rules and preserve the forum's reputation as a place for cranky, non-warezing developers.

2) With respect to warezing, your projection of your own values onto others can be a little insulting. Lets put up a hypothetical situation analogy:

"You come across $1000 on a table. You know who the owner is but he walked on without realizing it was left behind. The owner is not any acquaintence of yours, and has no relationship with you. You can keep it without anyone knowing. What do you do ? Do you return it, or keep it ?"

Until any of us are actually confronted with such a situation, we can only speculate what we might do ourselves, much less what others might do. Not everyone yet knows the price of their own honor. You would do well not to presume someone else's honor is so cheap, while at the same time revealing your own to be so.

I believe I know what decision Oopo would make, just as I now believe I know what decision you would make. I would be surprised to see either make a different decision; but in your case, the surprise would be pleasant.
Naibas

bitchin

Post by Naibas »

This thread rocks out.
pixel

Post by pixel »

This thread goes nowhere interesting, and is getting on my nerves. Locked.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.