PSP Diagnostic Menu

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

timesplitter88

PSP Diagnostic Menu

Post by timesplitter88 »

http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum ... ic-332.psp I found this forum discussing that a Diagnostic menu had been found. I know the button combo is BS but could it be possible that something like that does exist somewhere in the system? Was there even a menu of sorts for the PS2?
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Its BS. First off, it didnt work. Secondly, its funny how Settings Reset (Above Settings Diagnostics) has the same icon as the Network Settings selection. Oh and where did that happen to go?
Energy

Re: PSP Diagnostic Menu

Post by Energy »

timesplitter88 wrote:http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum ... ic-332.psp I found this forum discussing that a Diagnostic menu had been found. I know the button combo is BS but could it be possible that something like that does exist somewhere in the system? Was there even a menu of sorts for the PS2?
It vaguly possible that a settings menu exsits, heck all of Sony's MD (including HIMD) have them, and they give the ability to upgrade and play around with your MD so they're quite fun, but very dangerous to inexperienced users.

Most likely tho it'd be a special UMD that sony inserts to make things work. That'd be my guess...
Energy

Post by Energy »

Oh and he's telling the truth about the button combination for the MP3 player as that is very very similar to the one you have to do on a MD player. However sony wouldn't make it easy with menu potions most likely you'd just be presented with endless HEX codes and you have to guess what each does, knowning that if you hit the wrong one your PSP prob won't boot any games any time soon.