PSP exploits: 3k 5.50 - 6.xx+...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Blade

PSP exploits: 3k 5.50 - 6.xx+...

Post by Blade »

I've seen many posts on other forums -n- stuff about exploits on 6.20. there is a psardumper that decrypts the firmware, could this be of use on psp 3k? i managed to decrypt 6.20 using psp 1000 5.00 m33, but idk if it will do any good for 3k... there are also claims for 6.20 exploits that are said not to be released by some devs on other forums...
Davee

Post by Davee »

...wat
adrahil

Re: PSP exploits: 3k 5.50 - 6.xx+...

Post by adrahil »

Blade wrote:I've seen many posts on other forums -n- stuff about exploits on 6.20. there is a psardumper that decrypts the firmware, could this be of use on psp 3k? i managed to decrypt 6.20 using psp 1000 5.00 m33, but idk if it will do any good for 3k... there are also claims for 6.20 exploits that are said not to be released by some devs on other forums...
If you can find an exploit in the 6.20 firmware for psp 1k or 2k, it will work on the 3k and go. The firmware is the same (except for some hardware drivers).

Yes, there are some people who have already got exploits, and, as you might have seen in a recent video, a working homebews enabler. My guess is that they will not release it until they get another backdoor into the firmware - finding other user or kernel mode exploits, getting the aes256cbc keys for KIRK, etc - as they would not want Sony to lock them out in a subsequent firmware update... :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

since i have decrypted the 6.20 firmware and have its security certificate, do You think it would be possible to change the code within its files and maybe access the kernel when i run it on my psp? or even a spoofed "upgrade", like implying code from the GEN or M-33 updates?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

No
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
arnie

Post by arnie »

Blade wrote:since i have decrypted the 6.20 firmware and have its security certificate, do You think it would be possible to change the code within its files and maybe access the kernel when i run it on my psp? or even a spoofed "upgrade", like implying code from the GEN or M-33 updates?
Security Certificates? O_O

Last time I checked, there was that netfront browser which needed that mega CERT file. :D

:P

-Arnold
Blade

Post by Blade »

arnie wrote:

Last time I checked, there was that netfront browser which needed that mega CERT file. :D

-Arnold
it was a file in the folder after i decrypted it lol... i also remember seeing that a vsh menu was saved to the fw while decrypting it (?)
Blade

Post by Blade »

does anyone think the decrypted fw could be modded in any way, to execute unsigned code?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

No
arnie

Post by arnie »

Blade wrote:
arnie wrote:

-Arnold
it was a file in the folder after i decrypted it lol... i also remember seeing that a vsh menu was saved to the fw while decrypting it (?)
-_________________________-
arnie

Post by arnie »

Blade wrote:
arnie wrote:

-Arnold
-_________________________-