cant get online?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

lowandloudinc

cant get online?

Post by lowandloudinc »

i have wipeout and im trying to get online but when it asks me for a network connection i enter filds and it gives me this error

a conection error has occured
the WLAN switch is not turned on.

how can i fix this issue and can somepone post a how to with steps fully explained. thanks in advance and also let me know what else i need if im missing something.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

See that switch on the end of the PSP, near the analog nub?

Turn it on.
senas8

Post by senas8 »

Ahahaha ...ohh ....thats an instant classic.
lowandloudinc

Post by lowandloudinc »

ooPo wrote:See that switch on the end of the PSP, near the analog nub?

Turn it on.
ok got that but now i get can not find the access point was not detected. what am i missing?

Post by Guest »

lowandloudinc wrote: ok got that but now i get can not find the access point was not detected. what am i missing?
perhaps you are missing an access point ?

Also, your signature included animated/flash whatever commercial advertising. If you include that stuff again I will ban you.

(for those who missed it, I removed the sig from that post)
lowandloudinc

Post by lowandloudinc »

gorim wrote:
lowandloudinc wrote: ok got that but now i get can not find the access point was not detected. what am i missing?
perhaps you are missing an access point ?

Also, your signature included animated/flash whatever commercial advertising. If you include that stuff again I will ban you.

(for those who missed it, I removed the sig from that post)
i guess i am and no need to threaten with a banning? i didnt know you guys didnt allow sigs. wheres your rules page or post? is it in the rules?

and if you want to ban me for that then you have a while to go when your a good mod or admin.

Post by Guest »

lowandloudinc wrote:and if you want to ban me for that then you have a while to go when your a good mod or admin.
You may be correct that I have awhile to go before being a good mod or admin. I am, after all, fairly new at it. ;)

But allow me to express my surprise that a new user to forums would take actions, such as blatant banner commercial advertising, in forums that do not belong to them. It may be the shock I felt at the total rudeness of your action that I resorted to threats.

Perhaps you have awhile to go before being a good citizen ?
lowandloudinc

Post by lowandloudinc »

gorim wrote:
lowandloudinc wrote:and if you want to ban me for that then you have a while to go when your a good mod or admin.
You may be correct that I have awhile to go before being a good mod or admin. I am, after all, fairly new at it. ;)

But allow me to express my surprise that a new user to forums would take actions, such as blatant banner commercial advertising, in forums that do not belong to them. It may be the shock I felt at the total rudeness of your action that I resorted to threats.

Perhaps you have awhile to go before being a good citizen ?
perhaps but if you dont want a sig like that simply put it in your rules. i have that same sig on alot of forums and i check the rules before using it. .you dont have it in your rules saying i cant use a sig with my site in it.

and i didnt blatantly do anything. all you had to do was ask me to take it down in a polite manner and it would of been so. im not here to break your rules or give you a hard time. and its not comercial advertising. its a forum just like yours.its a free site. the sig maker added the pricing on his own. i use it cause i like the graphics. we dont sell anything unless in the buy and sell section. we have information about nextel phones and other electronic items like the psp.

im not new to forums by the way. i know exactly what to do and expect and im sure i didnt break your rules. if you dont want things happening on your board its your job to make us know these things.

anyway the sig thing shouldnt be an issue. its gone and im here to learn about the PSP. if you want to ban me for using a sig then by all means go ahead. but make sure you put that in your rules for the next person. alot of members have sigs and have theyre sites on em.

my 2 cents

Post by Guest »

You are the first person to ever put a full blown animated banner ad style advertisement (via IMG: directive in your sig) that I have seen at this site, or any other I visit.

My objection wasn't to having a sig. It was to making banner advertisements.

But tell you what, I may have stepped out of line, I will discuss this topic thoroughly with other site moderators, and submit to their collective decisions. If they feel I did wrong, I will publicly apologize to you here.
lowandloudinc

Post by lowandloudinc »

gorim wrote:You are the first person to ever put a full blown animated banner ad style advertisement (via IMG: directive in your sig) that I have seen at this site, or any other I visit.

My objection wasn't to having a sig. It was to making banner advertisements.

But tell you what, I may have stepped out of line, I will discuss this topic thoroughly with other site moderators, and submit to their collective decisions. If they feel I did wrong, I will publicly apologize to you here.
na its cool rim dont even trip. i think we can put this subject behind us and move forward. i like your site and think you do a good job i apolgize for adding my sig and well call it draw. how does that sound? your a cool guy and i know alot of other admins would have went another route but it sounds like your good at what you do. if you havent seen the sigs on your board lol your lucky cause theyre on my board like crazy. lol

thanks and i appreciate your work.
jamima69

Post by jamima69 »

the dude could'nt figure out that the freakin wireless switch needed to be turned on. honestly,for that alone he should be banned.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

And half of your two(!) posts are lashes against another user.

At least he had a question that was a little on topic.
jamima69

Post by jamima69 »

lol-ok,ok,no lashing the dumb questions,i get it-i hope my last post made up for the ass comment a little bit :)
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I deleted the last two posts from jamima69 and lowandloudinc. If you guys haven't noticed yet, this ain't like other forums. We don't have those petty little squabbles here. If you feel the need to retort, you can blast each other in PM.

This thread is done anyway. Locked.
"He was warned..."