open microphone project

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

shaunandej

open microphone project

Post by shaunandej »

hi all as many of you may have tried i recently tried making my own mic through the bottom port with no luck getting it to work with skype so now i have purchased a psp-240 talkman mic witch works fully with skype through the usb instead so basicly i would like to source a program that will allow me to read the traffic between the psp and the mic to see what is being used for identification for skype to reconigse its presant can anyone help and get this problem once and for all sorted so we can all build our own fully working internal mics thanks
psp 2000 5.50-d3 2x8gb dane elec micro sd in a photofast cr5400
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

To work through USB the mic will need to be a USB host, which is fairly complicated, but not impossible for a decent speed microcontroller. The best thing to use would be something like the Beagle USB analyzer series to log the data and figure out what's going on, although you may be able to get enough useful info by just hooking the software level appropriately. Either way it's not a trivial project.
shaunandej

Post by shaunandej »

jimparis wrote:To work through USB the mic will need to be a USB host, which is fairly complicated, but not impossible for a decent speed microcontroller. The best thing to use would be something like the Beagle USB analyzer series to log the data and figure out what's going on, although you may be able to get enough useful info by just hooking the software level appropriately. Either way it's not a trivial project.
thank you for quick reply will give the beagle a miss due to cost but will update this post as new information becomes availble
psp 2000 5.50-d3 2x8gb dane elec micro sd in a photofast cr5400