Mobility

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

nomad280279

Mobility

Post by nomad280279 »

The PSP has been designed as a mobile platform, it does network gameplay, telephony, etc. So I was wondering if there was any interest from yourselves for the mobility side of of things. I have numerous programs that I am using in my own project, (I'm also using the PSPSDK, and other libraries from the PSP tree, because it is an embedded platform), such as Intels Mobile SDK for Linux, EFone (a distributed server for voip calls), Mumble (a gamers real-time chat program for use while playing games), Spread (a multicast and group communications daemon, a bit like EFone), and the usual Unix telephony stuff, including bluez. I am also using RockBox but thats because it handles multimedia better. As I am already using the PSPSDK for the base of my project It wo'nt take any time whatever to migrate them all to your project, (and I know you could just download them yourselves), but I need help, it's that simple. So I'm suggesting a trade! I give you all the code that I have for my project including Drivers, Audio libraries, Video libraries, Streaming Servers, Graphics Libraries, Ruby Applications etc in return for your help in developing a mobile OS under Ruby. I really don't need much, just testing, compiling, and perhaps input into how this mobile should work. I know that I've only started with my own project but I think that for the most part you would like to add this code to your project if your Homebrew PSP is going to work as the original model does.

If you don't want to then that's fine, It's your project. I just thought that I would ask.
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

Excuse me but.... whaa?

But I must admit I would be fairly interested in a Rockbox port.
I'm already using rockbox on my sansa, wouldn't mind it on my PSP aswell.
Been gone for some time. Now I'm back. Someone mind getting me up-2-date?
nomad280279

Post by nomad280279 »

Coldbird wrote:Excuse me but.... whaa?
I needed help. So I thought a good idea would have been to combine the two of them, i.e. make the PSP dev platform more mobile, with a number of tools that are used in mobile phones.

But no-one was interested so ... That's that!