Loading a usermode PRX from a kernelmode PRX

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

m0skit0

Loading a usermode PRX from a kernelmode PRX

Post by m0skit0 »

I got this error when trying to do that: 0x80020149 (SCE_KERNEL_ERROR_ILLEGAL_PERM_CALL). Can somebody please explain this error?

And is there any way I can load a usermode PRX from a kernelmode PRX? Or otherwise load a usermode PRX as a plugin on CFW?

Thanks for your time! :)
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
Davee

Post by Davee »

What firmware are you running?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

5.00 M33-6
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

Yes I can explain.

You are probably trying to compile your Kernel Module using newlib, doing so results in Permission Errors on loading modules...

To remedy that you will have to rely on the smaller kernel lib...

So make sure your makefile contains the following 2 lines...

USE_KERNEL_LIBC = 1
USE_KERNEL_LIBS = 1

In doing so you will be able to load modules just fine.
But keep in mind that a lot of newlib features wont be available, so some functions you might be using you will have to reimplement or import yourself...
Been gone for some time. Now I'm back. Someone mind getting me up-2-date?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

Yup, was that, thanks for pointing that out :)

Any ideas why it doesn't work with newlib?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Why the hell would anyone use newlib for a kernel module? Just compiling an empty module with it produces 84KiB of bloat.
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

Thanks Torch, but what I'm asking is why it produces an error, not discussing why someone would or not use it :P