Help Please...lost all cpp files...how to decompile from .o?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

anmabagima

Help Please...lost all cpp files...how to decompile from .o?

Post by anmabagima »

Hi there,

unfortunately I've deleted all my cpp source file of my current project due to a mistake in my make file. My DataRecovery file was unable to detect them. As there is currently no elf or PRX file available, but compiled .o files, is there a way to "decompile" these file to get the possebility to restore the source ?

Any help is much appricieated. Google does return many results, and I hope some one of you guys can point me to the best tool/how to guide..

Many thanks in advance
AnMaBaGiMa
Jim

Post by Jim »

Unfortunately you're pretty much stuffed. The very best you can hope for is assembler code annotated with any debug symbols that happen to be in your .o files.

Jim
anmabagima

Post by anmabagima »

Hi,
thanks. I havn't expected to recieve full source code. Some assembler may be enough unless it would be possible to see which methods or functions they are located in (debug info).

Any tools known ? pspdecompile needs an ELF, but i've only the .o-files
Mon Ouïe

Post by Mon Ouïe »

If you have all the *.o files, you can build the ELF easily; you could also use psp-objdump.
anmabagima

Post by anmabagima »

Hi,

thanks. I've tried this out, but it seem to be much more easy to start from scratch as it may take me more time to convert the asm code back to readable c/c++ code ;o)

Meanwhile: happy new year ;)