Eboot launch help

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

S4LVAT10N

Eboot launch help

Post by S4LVAT10N »

can some one explain to me why this isnt working?

Code: Select all

#include <pspdebug.h>
#include <pspkernel.h>
#include <pspctrl.h>
#include <psploadexec.h>
#define printf pspDebugScreenPrintf
#define PATH "ms0&#58;/PSP/GAME/TestEboot/Eboot.PBP"

PSP_MODULE_INFO&#40;"launch eboot test", 0, 0, 1&#41;;

SceCtrlData pad;

int main&#40;void&#41;
&#123;
    pspDebugScreenInit&#40;&#41;;
    pspDebugScreenClear&#40;&#41;;

while&#40;1&#41;
    &#123;
        printf&#40;"Please Press &#91;X&#93; to Launch Test Eboot.PBP..."&#41;;

sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive&#40;&pad, 1&#41;;

if &#40;pad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_CROSS&#41;
        &#123;
            struct SceKernelLoadExecParam param
            &#123;
                param.size = sizeof&#40;param&#41;;
                param.args = strlen&#40;PATH&#41;+1;
                param.argp = PATH;
                param.key = "game";
            &#125;

SceKernelLoadExec&#40;PATH, param&#41;;
        &#125;
    &#125;
&#125;
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

Can someone explain why you don't give more details?
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

if you need more details then you obviously cant answer my question
gotmilk065

Post by gotmilk065 »

S4LVAT10N wrote:if you need more details then you obviously cant answer my question
Assholery will get you nowhere ;)
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

dats not being an asshole. thats being upfront. and love da word btw :p
ab5000

Post by ab5000 »

1) AFAIK, this isn't correct C:

struct SceKernelLoadExecParam param
            &#123;
                param.argp = PATH;
                param.key = "game";
            &#125; 
2) C is case-sensitive, so don't use SceKernelLoadExec. You have to use sceKernelLoadExec, with lowercase "s".

%&#58;include<stdio.h>
int _&#40;int __,int ___,int ____,int _____&#41;
<%for&#40;;____<___;_____=_____*__,____++&#41;;
return _____;%>main&#40;&#41;<%printf
&#40;"%d\n",_&#40;2,5,0,1&#41;&#41;;%>
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Shouldn't the compiler give some kind of error which would tell him exactly the same think you just said?

If S4LVAT10Ns compiler threw that error then S4LVAT10N is not ready to code.

Or said in a way S4LVAT10N talks to us:

if you can't read compiler errors then you obviously arent ready to code.

int main&#40;&#41;&#123;
     SetupCallbacks&#40;&#41;;
     makeNiceGame&#40;&#41;;
     sceKernelExitGame&#40;&#41;;
&#125;
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

If you try to compile you code you'll get a lot of errors,
next time try to post error log....
That's the right code:

char* PATH = "ms0&#58;/module.prx";

struct SceKernelLoadExecParam param;
param.argp = PATH;
param.key = "game";

SceUID modid = sceKernelLoadExec&#40;PATH, &param&#41;;
if&#40;modid < 0&#41;
&#123;
    pspDebugScreenInit&#40;&#41;;
    pspDebugScreenPrintf&#40;"Error 0x%08X", modid&#41;;
    sceKernelDelayThread&#40;2000000&#41;;
&#125;
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

He doesn't even have a PSP to test his code on: http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/i ... 597.0.html
So he's basically asking to get already working code and then find someone to test it for him. Nothing I will support really.

@SALVAT10N: As I already told you on psp-programming, better set up a programming environment for your PC and learn basic programming there before jumping onto a special hardware plattform that you can't even test the code on.
<Don't push the river, it flows.>
http://wordpress.fx-world.org - my devblog
http://wiki.fx-world.org - VFPU documentation wiki

Alexander Berl
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

im not asking for wrorking code. since your already on psp programming you would know i already figured this out. thats not how you write structures and thats why this didnt work. it should be written like:

struct SceKernelLoadExecParam param;

param.argp = PATH;
param.key = "game";

sceKernelLoadExec&#40;PATH, &param&#41;;
thank you all thoose who tried to help. i finished my program last night so you were a lil late
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

How do you know your program is finished? You don't have a psp to test it on?

int main&#40;&#41;&#123;
     SetupCallbacks&#40;&#41;;
     makeNiceGame&#40;&#41;;
     sceKernelExitGame&#40;&#41;;
&#125;
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

1) someone tests it for me. 2) i also use the psp emulator to test out my programs. you dont neccesarily need NEED a psp to program for psp
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

btw thanks neoh. i had figured this out a while before you guys started posting but thank you for trying to help.
whistler

Post by whistler »

good luck learning to code in c using a platform you don't own....your gonna need it
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

It's a really bad idea to dev on a platform that you don't know and you don't own...
Good luck!

ne0h
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

why does every1 think i dnt have a psp? i just didnt have one for that day because i was grounded. well i still dnt but eventually im ggetting it back. but thanks for the help
Davee

Post by Davee »

Man, you really are an asshole. How about you learn C before ever coming back to PSP?
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

how am i an asshole. since i got on this site people been treating me like trash and i greatly appreciate thoose who havent. how is that being an ass? take the log out of your eye before you come telling me bout the speck in mine
PsPfReAK

Post by PsPfReAK »

S4LVAT10N wrote:how am i an asshole. since i got on this site people been treating me like trash and i greatly appreciate thoose who havent. how is that being an ass? take the log out of your eye before you come telling me bout the speck in mine
mate, people are treating you like a cunt cause your flipping rude, end off, if you dont like me being upfront, piss off :D

happy coding, good luck, happy new year lol.

and still you need to correct:

SceKernelLoadExec

to

sceKernelLoadExec
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

well i dont mean to sound like im flipping off. i dont mean to send off a signal like that. for that i apologize. but if people would maybe treat me with a little more respect and possibly actually help me rather than tell what i should learn first. its kind of agrivating when im trying to figure something out and instead of people giving me the answer or pointing towards my answer they always tell me something qite honestly i dont care about. just please help or dont comment *no flaming intended here. just explaining myself. no one flip please*
Davee

Post by Davee »

S4LVAT10N wrote:how am i an asshole. since i got on this site people been treating me like trash and i greatly appreciate thoose who havent. how is that being an ass? take the log out of your eye before you come telling me bout the speck in mine
aaah don't call me a hypocrite. People are here to help you, if someone asks for more information in order to help you, YOU GIVE IT. These people are giving up their time to help you, and you're just a rude prick that clearly has no respect for these people. You talk down to people and make yourself sound so high level to these people doing you a favour. Also, looking at your history it seems when someone gives a solution you tend to suprise us all with "I already done that" or some lame excuse that disregards the effort put in to these assistants.

Also, I amn't the nicest guy around, not many people like me at all. I'm straight forward and blunt but I know what I'm talking about. Also, If you don't like peoples advice would you kindly just leave? These people helping you all know what they're talking about, when they say learn something else first, it'd seriously consider doing what they state. Also, you get what you deserve, if you show respect you get respect, don't bite the hand that feeds because it's not smart, clever or makes you look good.

Sure, you might totally disregard my post and think "that guy is a prick" and honestly I won't blame you, you're an asshole yourself. We both have arrogance in common, but showing a little respect here and there to the people that help you, or just programmers in general.

You might throw that clumsy, "ohnoez am still a wee baby" or "ohnoez am still lrning to lolcode", they are nothing more than excuses and seriously won't get you anyway. If you become reliant on excuses to get out of situations, you'll never succeed.

Now to everyone that thinks I've just broke this guys heart of becoming a programmer, I don't mean this to be a complete downer. Take it in the way that you're in no situation and never will be to act like an asshole to someone giving you help. If you act like this you'll never be able to co-operate with others and people will not listen to you. I'm telling you this for your own good, teamwork is vital in programmer whether it's a brief project, or a massive project. You'll eventually have to work with someone.

Don't get me wrong I like to see new developers emerge, but I really, really don't like it when they act like twats. People are trying to help them, it's the thought that counts. Even if they don't succeed in helping you, at least they attempted. I mean, it's all big mouth talk from me since I barely help anyone unless they directly ask, but you get my point? right? please tell me you do ? >.<

You're not a programmer... yet.
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

S4LVAT10N wrote:well i dont mean to sound like im flipping off. i dont mean to send off a signal like that. for that i apologize. but if people would maybe treat me with a little more respect and possibly actually help me rather than tell what i should learn first. its kind of agrivating when im trying to figure something out and instead of people giving me the answer or pointing towards my answer they always tell me something qite honestly i dont care about. just please help or dont comment *no flaming intended here. just explaining myself. no one flip please*
Sal, I told you on Lan, I told you on Uni, and I'll tell you here too, since it applies.

These guys know what they're talking about, and I advise you to listen to whatever they say and don't argue. They are much smarter than you or I.

You will find it a lot easier to program on the PC, until you at least learn how C works. You clearly don't know the language, and it would be best for you to learn on the PC first.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
coyotebean

Post by coyotebean »

S4LVAT10N wrote:well i dont mean to sound like im flipping off. i dont mean to send off a signal like that. for that i apologize. but if people would maybe treat me with a little more respect and possibly actually help me rather than tell what i should learn first. its kind of agrivating when im trying to figure something out and instead of people giving me the answer or pointing towards my answer they always tell me something qite honestly i dont care about. just please help or dont comment *no flaming intended here. just explaining myself. no one flip please*
The thing is that you keep posting codes with simple syntax issue which can be fixed quicker than posting here for anwsers. It will give off an impression that you don't know the language.
Art

Post by Art »

He's a kid who had his PSP taken away from him as punishment.

What do you expect?
If not actually, then potentially.
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

ya i understand everyone
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Drama lock