sceKernelLoadExec() and sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs2() help

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

MistPhoenix

sceKernelLoadExec() and sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs2() help

Post by MistPhoenix »

I have done my forum searching just before you start to say anything about that. I have a couple questions in regards to sceKernelLoadExec() and sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs2().

1. Is sceKernelLoadExec() usable to load EBOOT.PBP from the memory stick on firmware 5.xx? (I am running 5.50 GEN-D3 currently) I have found some people to say that it only executes eboot.bin from UMD's but need clarifying.

2. Can PRXs call sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs2() correctly? I believe I may be doing something wrong here.

Code: Select all

void loadExec(char *file)
{
	struct SceKernelLoadExecVSHParam param;

memset(&param, 0, sizeof(param));

param.key = "game";
	param.size = sizeof(param);
	param.args = strlen(file)+1;
	param.argp = file;

sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs2(file, &param);
}
Also this is what I am doing in the reasons why I am asking these questions. I am trying to download a EBOOT.PBP from a website and execute it after downloading it. The download works correctly as the folder with the EBOOT.PBP is created and stored there, but the above function is not executing it. I am handling this from a PRX by the way using PSP_MODULE_NO_STOP(0x0001) as this PRX is called and immediately executed from another PRX.

Should I delay the thread or do something beforehand? Or is the function entirely not feasible?

Thanks in advance
MistPhoenix

Post by MistPhoenix »

does anyone know about how to do this or offer help?
S4LVAT10N

Post by S4LVAT10N »

i have used sceKernelLoadExec to load eboots on 3.71, 3.90, 4.01, and 5.01 and im assuming yes. as for the VSH function i havent used that yet so sorry
MistPhoenix

Post by MistPhoenix »

and the eboots you are loading are from the memory stick right? could you show me how you loaded them?