Project StarGatePSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

NoEffex

Project StarGatePSP

Post by NoEffex »

I know, you're thinking "What the fuck has NoEffex injested that made him think of such a name, and what would it be? God, he's dumb."

Well.

Me being annoyed as all else with the PSP's net, I decided to hook all of the Inet and any dependencies (Only one I know of so far is sceNetResolver, which is done already and tested, and something else, but if need be I'll just go ghetto and write my own server) to my PC so that way hopefully the net can be faster, and I can examine packets much easier.

Reason I'm coming out with it is because I'm at a loss as to what this last thing is.

I already have everything hooked and bridged and everything. It can send, receive, sento, recvfrom, socket, select, accept, bind, listen, the whole 9 yards.

I also wrote a sceNetResolver thing that resolves, as well, which I tested and it works.

There is one error that's getting me. It's here.

Basically, it tries to sendto to the address 1310724 (4.0.20.0), and I'm not sure what it is. It just sends 5 bytes (That's all that I've seen anyway, feel free to try it out).

If you want to test it out for yourself (You must have Linux, BSD, or the like), install usbhostfs and psplink, then (Just like remotejoy)

Code: Select all

svn checkout http://stargatepsp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk stargate
then head into the stargate directory and compile whats in PC and PSP.

Copy stargate.prx to seplugins and add it like your normally would.

Run usbhostfs_pc, then run stargate from the PC folder. Turn on your PSP with the USB connected and head into the web browser. I turned off the verbose PSP messages, so it'll start showing messages sometime during the resolution (It'll init the sockets first) then shortly it will say "Unable to connect to server" or something, and you'll notice the error I mentioned earlier.

If you want to be an angel and provide patches that are constructive then please do so.

Ultimately I want to be able to log packets. Why? Because it's cool, that's why. Also, one might be able to reverse various protocols.

Thanks Coldbird for the hookapi

http://code.google.com/p/stargatepsp/
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

No problem.

Mind explaining what this project is about though? I have a particular interest in the PSPs networking capabilities, in fact those were the reason I wrote that hook api.
Been gone for some time. Now I'm back. Someone mind getting me up-2-date?